Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus X

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Cafu82 wrote: »
    Think that will just put the phone into vibrate mode? Which is essentially the way I have it now, after I turn the volume off it only vibrates.... thanks anyway! I'm lookin for a quick way to put in on silent but still get notifications, I know I can manually turn vibrate off, anyway as I said no big deal, thanks again for looking.

It puts it into silent mode too. There's 3 settings on the button. It reprograms them to be Normal, Vibrate and Silent. You'd still get notifications, but of course... silently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cafu82

It puts it into silent mode too. There's 3 settings on the button. It reprograms them to be Normal, Vibrate and Silent. You'd still get notifications, but of course... silently.

Does the trick, fair play to ya, that's exactly what I was after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Anyone having any joy with getting the SD card working in any sort of way yet? My phone is not reading my 64gb I got today.

I understand that there are issues with it already and transferring apps to it but does the phone recognise it at all for anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

pedatron wrote: »
    Anyone having any joy with getting the SD card working in any sort of way yet? My phone is not reading my 64gb I got today.

I understand that there are issues with it already and transferring apps to it but does the phone recognise it at all for anyone?

I put mine in straight away and it worked fine. It had all my songs and photos from my old phone, I could play and view them with no issues

Can someone check something for me? When you pull down the notification bar does it go straight to the quick settings and you have to swipe back up to see the notifications? Or does it stop on the notifications and takes a second swipe down to get to the quick settings. Mine is doing the former and its annoying me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

sebcity wrote: »
    Can someone check something for me? When you pull down the notification bar does it go straight to the quick settings and you have to swipe back up to see the notifications? Or does it stop on the notifications and takes a second swipe down to get to the quick settings. Mine is doing the former and its annoying me

Seems to show notifications if there are any by pulling down from the left half, otherwise it shows the settings drop down anywhere from the top or from the right if I have a notification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

That's Android, pull down on the left for notifications, on the right for settings. Is yours doing something different?

Ahhh. Got it! Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Any recommendations for a car windscreen holder for this?

I put mine in straight away and it worked fine. It had all my songs and photos from my old phone, I could play and view them with no issues

I've a brand new blank one thats not being read at all. Just wondering is this normal or should I format it or something for it to be recognised. I am aware of the SD card problem just wondering is it even possible to get music or anything on it yet from my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

pedatron wrote: »
    I've a brand new blank one thats not being read at all. Just wondering is this normal or should I format it or something for it to be recognised. I am aware of the SD card problem just wondering is it even possible to get music or anything on it yet from my phone.

Some people have had luck formatting it to FAT32 I believe.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you have the WiFi Toggle off ?

I know there is an option in the settings that will stop the phone scanning for available WiFi Connections. You need to turn this off. Go to Settings, Wifi, 3 Dots Top Right, Advanced, Scanning always available.

I believe it's something that was implemented in Lolipop.

There's also something on your phone that keeps waking up the device. Usually an app. Go to Settings, App Permissions, and click into your apps and see what ones have keep awake turned on. Any app I don't use that often I'll always Toggle to off.

Also having your GPS off when you don't need it makes the battery last that bit longer.

Just to add incase anyone was unsure as to what the colours mean under mobile data.
    369139.png

Black/transparent: Power off

Red: Phone is trying to find a signal

Yellow: Signal strength 0 (min)

Dirty yellow: Signal strength 1

Even more dirty yellow: Signal strength 2

Somewhat yellowish gray: Signal strength 3

Green: Signal strength 4 (max)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

For dedicated mac/iPhone users like myself who are taking the plunge, this is great: https://blog.oneplus.net/2014/11/making-the-switch-easy-as-one-2-3/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Week into it now and really liking it. As someone not overly mad into phones, really ticking all the boxes for me. After going through a couple of battery charging cycles properly, notice that it's actually not that bad at all.

I get from the morning to night. What more can you want to be honest? And let's be real for a second, for a lot of people, you have access to a charger most of the day. I know for me working in an office, battery life is literally never a concern. I leave the office at 100%, so shrug.

Only problem I'm having is with the alarm. Two mornings in a row, after selecting snooze, it never triggered off and I slept in : / Seeing a few issues online regarding the clock app, so hopefully a fix comes shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

Got a OPO back in January and felt it was a really nice bit of kit.
    Camera, processor everything about it was really impressive.

Then one day was letting the dog out and got hand caught in the curtain, long story short Phone in bits.

Struggled on for a bit with crap fones and eventually bought a Lenovo K3 Note>
    Again a lovely phone with good specs camera etc.

2 things about it though,
    1. I have found it is just too big for work. Bending lifting etc….
    2. Stupid ads Lenovo insist on having pop up on your home screen every 5 fuc*ing minutes.

Anyway I didn’t fancy rooting the phone so I stuck with it.
    Fast forward to last week I put myself down for a OPX invite and low and behold I get an invite yesterday.
    So being the impulsive impatient eejit I am I ordered one last night.

So will be my third top of the range smart phone in a year which is strange as I am usually good to mind them etc…

Looking forward to getting the OPX hopefully next week and getting to play with it.
    Looks neater than the Lenovo and won’t have the malware.

Will update first impression of the phone when she lands.

Also; May be looking to part ways with the Lenovo when new fone is up and running.
    €175 should buy it- In top top condition and in yellow. (PM if interested)

As I said great fone just a bit too big for me and if your willing to root Lord knows what you could do with it….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Was well impressed with this for the price when I got it, so managed to order a second one for the missus last week (to replace her S3 mini). When I ordered I got a Karbon case for mine as well. Whole package has been with the courier this morning, i've been giddy all day about the prospect of a new case! I really need to get my priorities right!! :D

I can't find much fault with the phone for the price. One random annoying thing when listening to a podcast, if you pause it and then hit play again from the notification bar, it goes back to the start of the podcast. Not sure if it's the app (BeyondPod) or the phone. I haven't had any other issues with alarms, SD cards etc though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Was well impressed with this for the price when I got it, so managed to order a second one for the missus last week (to replace her S3 mini). When I ordered I got a Karbon case for mine as well. Whole package has been with the courier this morning, i've been giddy all day about the prospect of a new case! I really need to get my priorities right!! :D

I can't find much fault with the phone for the price. One random annoying thing when listening to a podcast, if you pause it and then hit play again from the notification bar, it goes back to the start of the podcast. Not sure if it's the app (BeyondPod) or the phone. I haven't had any other issues with alarms, SD cards etc though.

The podcast thing is a known issue on the oneplus forums, looks an oxygen thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Lads, got to play with my one plus x. Serious issue with the screen and how vivid and bright it is. I have turned the brightness down to basically zero, but it is still outrageously vivid and bright. Actually hurts the eyes! Played candy crush earlier and the colours were completely wrong, way too vivid.

Anyone else having these problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭celticsfan

Lads, got to play with my one plus x. Serious issue with the screen and how vivid and bright it is. I have turned the brightness down to basically zero, but it is still outrageously vivid and bright. Actually hurts the eyes! Played candy crush earlier and the colours were completely wrong, way too vivid.

Anyone else having these problems?

Maybe you can try installing Lux Auto Brightness if its too bright for you..Coming from a nexus4 I found it bright,but not to the extent it hurt my eyes..I put it down to the Amoled screen :) but Lux should help you out..

• Advertisement

Go into settings and turn off adaptive brightness, it sounds like it's on. I found that or read terrible at adjusting the screen brightness, I use am xposed middle today allowed me to adjust it by dragging across the top bar

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CK701

xtal191 wrote: »
    Any recommend a good case and tempered screen protector? Someone linked to some earlier but delivery estimates were over a month.

Also anyone know of anywhere selling good 128gb micro sd at a decent price?

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

My memory. Co.uk

Great site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Every so often I get 3 very feint vibrations from the phone but they're not connected to any notification. Any ideas what it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

jozi wrote:
    Go into settings and turn off adaptive brightness, it sounds like it's on. I found that or read terrible at adjusting the screen brightness, I use am xposed middle today allowed me to adjust it by dragging across the top bar

Yes, I did all that. Colours still all wrong. Will try install lux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

thread has been so quiet. how's everyone experiencing their One X? SD card issue still not resolved with updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

5star02707 wrote: »
    thread has been so quiet. how's everyone experiencing their One X? SD card issue still not resolved with updates?

Mines arrived in Dublin this morning so should have it this afternoon. I'll update on the micro sd card situation tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Hi. Interested in getting this phone for someone for Christmas.

I expressed my interest by requesting an invite. Does anyone know how long I will be waiting before receiving an invite ?

just sign up on oneplus.net/ie and i got my invite after a week. delivery usually last a week 5-7 working days. as for christmas present i hope you get it in time busy period starting this week (black friday and cyber monday)

Saganist wrote: »

I expressed my interest by requesting an invite. Does anyone know how long I will be waiting before receiving an invite ?

I requested an invite two weeks ago via the one plus x website, got the invite a week later (was fast, might have been lucky) ordered the phone and it's gonna be arriving later today.

Just sign up, order when you get the invite, you have 3 days to claim the phone.

No sign of OTA to fix the SD card problem. Getting annoying now as I'm running out of space. Hoping it's not far away. Loving the phone so far. Battery life won't blow anyone away but it's acceptable!

• Advertisement

I've had no issues with mine, I never did the update and my OPX reads my SD card fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Saganist wrote: »

Post a request on the request thread. Many people have invites to share, you could get an invite today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭celticsfan

Lads,I noticed something strange today with my Oneplus X..If I were to ring another mobile,but that person doesn't answer so I hang up after a few seconds..however after I press the red icon on the dialer to hang up..the other phone continues to ring for about 3 seconds?perhaps a bug in their software or a lag in the end call button or something..really strange and not something I experienced with an android phone before.. anyone else notice it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

celticsfan wrote: »
    Lads,I noticed something strange today with my Oneplus X..If I were to ring another mobile,but that person doesn't answer so I hang up after a few seconds..however after I press the red icon on the dialer to hang up..the other phone continues to ring for about 3 seconds?perhaps a bug in their software or a lag in the end call button or something..really strange and not something I experienced with an android phone before.. anyone else notice it?

I think this happens on nearly all phones tbh.

Any further reports from those who are using this as their 'daily driver'?.

Get me….I didn't know that term before I watched 140 youtube reviews of the Oneplus x. :D

I've two little annoyances, first one is the button to close all recent apps has disappeared, I have to close each individually. Seems to be a known issue based on the stuff on the forums, no workarounds fix it for me.

Second one is a bit more frustrating. Twice my data has been 'off' despite it actually being turned on. Had a little exclamation mark through the network signal icon. No idea how or why. I rebooted both times and it fixed it. Both times I only noticed as I was waiting on a whatsapp message and was wondering why they weren't coming through. Can't find much online about it. With VF as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

I've two little annoyances, first one is the button to close all recent apps has disappeared, I have to close each individually. Seems to be a known issue based on the stuff on the forums, no workarounds fix it for me.

Second one is a bit more frustrating. Twice my data has been 'off' despite it actually being turned on. Had a little exclamation mark through the network signal icon. No idea how or why. I rebooted both times and it fixed it. Both times I only noticed as I was waiting on a whatsapp message and was wondering why they weren't coming through. Can't find much online about it. With VF as well.

For the first, is there no x located up in the top right when you select recent apps?

For the second, I have had the same issue, also on Vf.

onform wrote: »
    For the first, is there no x located up in the top right when you select recent apps?

For the second, I have had the same issue, also on Vf.

Yes, I used to have the X up the top right hand corner and it disappeared with the update I think.

And I have gotten the data error, I think it was because I switches networks in an area of poor coverage. I'm with three though so that happens a the odd time.

I have noticed an issue with the on screen buttons, the snapchat app does not "shrink" to allow for these so the snapchap option buttons are under the oneplus on screen buttons. Can be fixed by just going landscape but a bit weird it's only that app that doesn't adapt to the smaller screen

OxygenOS 2.1.3 update on OnePlus X will start to rollout today.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-2-1-3-update-on-oneplus-x-will-start-to-rollout-soon.412143/

what's included in this one:

SD card related improvements including:
    UX improvements
    exFAT SD card support
    Ability to move apps to and from SD card
    Fixed reboots caused by removing SD card in an active state
    Security patches
    General bug fixes and optimizations

onform wrote: »
    Yes, I used to have the X up the top right hand corner and it disappeared with the update I think.

Yeah that's exactly it, the X disappeared, almost certain it was after an update.

The data connection happened the first time I was in a pub, second time in work, while phone was on my desk for a few hours without moving. Both should have had decent coverage (although the pub toilet was in the basement, coverage would have been lacking down there). Doesn't really bother me too much, as i'm on wifi most of the time, and I know to look out for it now, but still not ideal.

• Advertisement

That's great to hear. SD Card works now.

Saw the XDA forums as well and people are flashing the latest update even with stock recovery ;)

Phone ordered on Sunday at 3pmish and arrived today Thursday at 11am. Delighted. It is gorgeous!

Great to hear that some of the issues have been fixed. I probably will be late to report back in on the phone as I am switching from iPhone so have a bit to do to get prepared. I'm not a natural at this stuff!

I have to admit to being a bit swept up in the 'community' vibe the company has encouraged and the 'otherness' of the concept. :)

Got mine yesterday it's great, buy why can't I click on some links in chrome? Like when I'm on psn everything I press won't load at all.

Anyone know?

Got mine yesterday it's great, buy why can't I click on some links in chrome? Like when I'm on psn everything I press won't load at all.

Anyone know?

Just opened PSN there, all links seem to work fine for me

I have that the odd time have to click it a second time or a bit firmer for it to work. Doesn't just happen with this phone though, last phone and tablet do it also.

Are there any guides I how to update when rooted, they make it sounds simple on xda but I need step by step instructions so I'm sure I'm doing it right. Also, don't rang to have to reinstall app and what not if possible?

Yup I'm doing that, seems like every link is a dead link, weird. I'm able to sign in but from there can't go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Not sure if this is what you guys mean, but I find that if you pull down the notifications from the top of the screen and tap on the network icon it toggles the data on /off and the exclamation mark pops up to show the data blocked. At least I think that's whats happening, I was waiting for a whatsapp too and was getting nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mrduffy17

Can anyone tell me approximately how long it'll take for the phone to be delivered once you've ordered it?

• Advertisement

It took about a week for mine.

Advertisement