Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Cornell live April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Seen him a few times live , unreal talent

link to presale >>>
    See list below for dates of the new shows (in red). Fans will have access to a special presale on Tuesday 3 November at 10am (local time) - click on 'Buy' links below. Password: seasons (all lower case). Tickets for the three shows go on public sale on 5 November at 9am (Belfast and Dublin) and 10am (Vienna), all local time.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/ve06ws

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

exilec wrote: »
    Seen him a few times live , unreal talent

link to presale >>>
    See list below for dates of the new shows (in red). Fans will have access to a special presale on Tuesday 3 November at 10am (local time) - click on 'Buy' links below. Password: seasons (all lower case). Tickets for the three shows go on public sale on 5 November at 9am (Belfast and Dublin) and 10am (Vienna), all local time.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/ve06ws

Nice one. Managed to pick up some tickets in Row B. Seen him the last time he played in the Olympia, serious vocalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Is this fully seated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Most of those "covers" are songs by bands he was in.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Most of those "covers" are songs by bands he was in.
    They are but they are alternative acoustic versions, which I would call covers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

appreciate the link - Got row H seats

Seems to be sold out now

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

ah crap, really wanted to go this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Feck, cant believed I missed tickets for this. His last show in the Olympia will go down as one of my fav gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

any review on the gig by those lucky enough to be there?:D

It was very good. Played for almost 2 hours without a break. Lots of covers and a few of his own ones.
    He did a mashup of One with the words from Metallica's One and the music from U2's One.
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/chris-cornell/2016/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-53f1c785.html

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yeah it was brilliant, that fella who accompanied him is seriously talented, playing piano, mandolin and viola.

I thought of Chris as this dour, dull individual, but in his chats between songs he came across as a warm and funny fella, especially his rant about Trump :pac:

Blow Up The Outside World, Scream and I Am The Highway were the highlights for me.

The only negative I'd have is only one song from Euphoria Mourning, would love to have heard him do acoustic versions of Follow My Way, Pillow Of Your Bones or Moonchild.

Advertisement