Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Near The Olympia

Options
  • 29-10-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,
    Heading to the Olympia tonight and I was just wondering if anyone could suggest the best parking option somewhere nearby. Probably for about 4 hours from 6:30 to 10:30-ish. Thank you. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Drury Street / Fleet Street / Brown Thomas car parks are all very near the Olympia

http://www.parkrite.ie/car_park.html
    http://www.brownthomascarpark.com/page1/index.html

Drury Street looks to be the cheapest at €3 per hour. They have an evening rate of €5 but not sure what time that kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Good grief why would you do that to yourself. just get the bus/train/luas

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If you are ok with on street parking, coming from the Northside I'd try Ormond Quay and if on Southside I'd try Castle lane, Werburgh Street, Bride Street. All a short walk to the Olympia. For any on-street parking you usually only need to pay up to 7pm. There is also a multi-story on Werburgh St there, a Q-park. They do an evening rate of €7 if you pay when you arrive. http://www.q-park.ie/parking-with-q-park/our-parking-facilities/dublin/q-park-christ-church

If you decide to park in the small, open air carpark opposite the multi-storey one make sure that you pay and display, the clampers are very active in that area!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭PaulieG

cgcsb wrote: »
    Good grief why would you do that to yourself. just get the bus/train/luas

Because I live 60 miles away and love driving. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭cgcsb

An interesting insight into why Dubliners are subjected to anti-pedestrian road design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭PaulieG

Thanks to the straight answering people. Big help.
    If there was public transport to get us home as well as there then we'd consider it but there isn't so we can't.
    "D'uh! Why don't you just stay the night?" would have predictably been the next comment.
    Because (1) We don't want to and (2) I have work at 7am tomorrow and can't miss it. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Fleet Street car park in Temple Bar, very near the Olympia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Fleet Street car park in Temple Bar, very near the Olympia.

Horrendously expensive though. I'd park on street around Bride Street/Golden Lane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

Planning on staying overnight. What would be best so?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,861 ✭✭✭✭L1011

cgcsb wrote: »
    An interesting insight into why Dubliners are subjected to anti-pedestrian road design.

People from outside Dublin *are* allowed go to the theatre here, you know. There is no public transport back to Tullamore at that time of night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement