Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque Lodgement

Options
  • 29-10-2015 11:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

The last couple of times I have lodged a cheque into my current account, I have been able to draw the funds immediately.  However I lodged a cheque yesterday which shows in my balance, but not in my available balance - so I'm unable to draw cash until it clears.

Just wondered why at one point I was allowed to draw cash immediately but now I can't?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi Guys,

The last couple of times I have lodged a cheque into my current account, I have been able to draw the funds immediately.  However I lodged a cheque yesterday which shows in my balance, but not in my available balance - so I'm unable to draw cash until it clears.

Just wondered why at one point I was allowed to draw cash immediately but now I can't?

Many thanks.
    Hi mattaiuseire,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards this morning.

There may have been funds available on your account on the previous occasion. Generally when you lodge a cheque to your account it takes 3-5 days to clear.

Regrettably we don’t have account access here and if you’d like to contact one of my colleagues in BOI Direct on 0818365365 or 003531404400 they would be happy to look into this further for you.

Have a great day and please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Helen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Hi Guys,

Many thanks.
    Hi mattaiuseire,

There may have been funds available on your account on the previous occasion. Generally when you lodge a cheque to your account it takes 3-5 days to clear.

Regrettably we don’t have account access here and if you’d like to contact one of my colleagues in BOI Direct on 0818365365 or 003531404400 they would be happy to look into this further for you.

Helen
    Hello thanks for your response Helen.

The previous times there were no available funds but when the cheques were lodged the amounts of the cheques became immediately available.

Could this have something to do with 'credit worthiness' or trust? I've heard accounts can be set to something along the lines of "make cheque lodgements available immediately" in comparison to accounts which are set to pay only after cheque has cleared.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi Guys,

Many thanks.
    Hi mattaiuseire,

Helen
    Hello thanks for your response Helen.

The previous times there were no available funds but when the cheques were lodged the amounts of the cheques became immediately available.

Could this have something to do with 'credit worthiness' or trust? I've heard accounts can be set to something along the lines of "make cheque lodgements available immediately" in comparison to accounts which are set to pay only after cheque has cleared.

Cheers
    Hi mattaiuseire,

To look further into this you would need to speak to a representative who has account access. If you wish you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365 or 0035314044000 select option 1 followed by the star and they will be happy to help you.
    Alternatively you can submit a request through the Online Service Desk when logged into B365 Online.

Have a good day.

Helen

Advertisement