Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Salaries

• 29-10-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I will be having my annual review in the next 4-6 weeks and wondering what the going rate is? 5/6 years experience, in my current job 18 months now, Dublin office is busy and have hired a good few people since I started, currently on 31.5k. No idea what to ask for. Cost of living up here is a pain in the hole.

Also wouldn't mind finding out what the wages are like in the South East if anyone has any idea.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Varies widely by industry.

But can guarantee you'll get less if you move to the south east

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

In an architects office. Healthcare work primarily for me but schools, commercial jobs and courts all regular projects in here.

Obviously the South East would be less but will eventually end up back there so curious to know whats happening down there at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ezra Wibberley

To be honest, with 5-6yrs experience, and it being in Dublin, you should be able to command a salary of 38K+.

I guess it depends on what type of architectural work you're doing.

Personal experience regarding working in southeast, I left a job this year where I was on 33K for greener pastures. Can discuss further by private message, not willing to put much detail up on public forum.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Current on popular jobs site

Senior-Architectural/Technician-Architect

45-55k Dublin

7+ years exp

Would it be 9 -5 ?

A lot of arch techs will be happy to see rates return to a reasonable level

Is there a shortage of experience in the country currently?

Average industrial wage 43k:

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/average-industrial-wage-828-88-per-week-805225-Feb2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bravojohnny

Hi OP; I am based in the midlands I have over 10years experience and I'm currently on 35k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Good to know.

What kind of work are you involved in? Always curious what offices are doing outside the big urban areas as its not as if all these commercial spaces or housing estates are popping up around the country like the 00s.

Seems 90% of offices are doing schools.

Advertisement