Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The witcher 3 question

Options
  • 29-10-2015 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've been watching gameplay videos of The Witcher 3 on youtube and I really want to play it.

The only thing that's holding me back is that I haven't played the other two games. Will I be able to follow this game? It's been described as the game of thrones version of the gaming world.

Will I be loosing out becuase I haven't played the previous games? Also are the DLC's for this game free or do you need a season pass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can play and enjoy it fine without playing 1 or 2. There are 14 small pieces of free DLC released for it. A big expansion was just released for it with a second even bigger chunk coming next year. Both of these DLCs together will be the size of all of the Witcher 2 was.

The Season Pass will give a discount on both of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Great thanks! How much was the expansion pack that was just released? Can you play it without a season pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Irishchick wrote: »
    Great thanks! How much was the expansion pack that was just released? Can you play it without a season pass?

You dont need the season pass at all, it just gives a discount on buying both DLCs.

I think the DLCs were €15 each but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I never played The Witcher 1/2, so instead read a decently long summary of what happened in both, before starting 3, just to give myself a bit of backstory. It would definitely be advisable, just so you have a more rounded idea of who the characters are and their relationships to you and one another, but it's by no means critical to you knowing what's going on either way.

Great game, certainly worth picking up.

Advertisement