Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal rtwlane.sys and sleep

• 29-10-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

I bought a new HP computer yesterday and already I am getting the following error
    "Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal rtwlane.sys"

I have a HP computer with Windows 8.1 downloaded onto it.

Also, there is no option for sleep on my new laptop. I have searched but I cannot find it.

Please help me fix these issues, I am not tech savvy at all so will need to be explained to very easily :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

I think this relates to Realtek drivers. Best thing to do would be grab the re-imaging disc that came with the laptop and re-install the drivers, or download up to date drivers online.

Failing that, take it back to the retail outlet and have them resolve the issue for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Any solutions to "sleep" as well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

What's the model number of the laptop?

Unusual that a current laptop wouldn't have this feature. Sometimes you might need to press the function key and find the relevant icon above a key to push to enable sleep mode. Or do you mean you can't click the Start Menu and sleep doesn't appear in the Shut down or sign out menu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Normally your it's either your display driver not up to date or it's turned off in the BIOS.
    Loads of info here on different sleep states and how to check which your system is capable of;
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/31431-sleep-states-available-your-windows-8-pc.html

Advertisement