Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three's 14 Day cooling off period

Options
  • 29-10-2015 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I bought a new phone on contract with three through their online store a few days ago. The phone is working great but the reception is dreadful where I live.

For the cooling period policy to apply, does the phone have to be unused and sealed in its original box? I've obviously used it to notice the dreaful reception.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

No, you can return it even after you've used it but the seller can charge you for any reduced value. However they cannot charge you if you've only used it to test it's function and operation. This is law and is also included in their T&Cs.

Article 20.6 SI 484/2013
    (6) A consumer who is required to return goods to a trader following the exercise of the right to cancel—
    (a) shall take reasonable care of the goods prior to returning them, and
    (b) is liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of the goods beyond that necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP - do you me to move this thread to the Talk to Three forum? The reps there may be able to offer advice.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

dudara wrote: »
    OP - do you me to move this thread to the Talk to Three forum? The reps there may be able to offer advice.

dudara

Nope it's fine dudara! I got onto them and it's all sorted! Thanks

Advertisement