Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 helicopters circling dundrum and sandyford

Options
  • 29-10-2015 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Is there something going on because about 5 min ago I heard a lot of sirens as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I'd say it is a delivery to/from the mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

That might make sense, two looked military and pretty sure third was the Garda copter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This comes up a few times a year. Its a delivery of blank currency paper to the mint, potentially worth billions to counterfeiters if it was liberated. No messing around with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 allyano16

Spotted 3 x Heli's too, They spent 10-15mins circling Ballymun/Glasnevin (1 Low, 1 Mid, 1 High Altitude) then moved west. I was driving Ballymun to Leopardstown on M50 and could see them all the way around and saw them in the same formation over Dundrum. I'm sure the tax payers money was well justified though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

allyano16 wrote: »
    Spotted 3 x Heli's too, They spent 10-15mins circling Ballymun/Glasnevin (1 Low, 1 Mid, 1 High Altitude) then moved west. I was driving Ballymun to Leopardstown on M50 and could see them all the way around and saw them in the same formation over Dundrum. I'm sure the tax payers money was well justified though

What would you be saying if the billions in blank paper had been hijacked somewhere between the airport and the mint? itd be laughing stock city. Daft sarky comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

allyano16 wrote: »

So what you are saying is that you saw them come from the Airport to the Mint, but decided to add a stupid comment.

Advertisement