Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness and Stuff

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

bluewolf wrote: »
    I adore muesli but be careful weighing it. A teeny tiny amount is so many calories and not massively satisfying. If you're using protein anyway, some pancakes might be doable. I bet you can make them without eggs. Or some protein squares with oats and nut butter

If you already know this and are satisfied ignore me :p

Thanks! I was just looking up how much 50g looks like on youtube yesterday and it's tiny. The stuff is up near 400 cals for 100g so it's pretty insane, I didn't realise til then though how small an amount that really is. :o I just eat it as it's free at work and I'm lazy. We also get fruit so I'll be reducing the muesli and adding fruit. I also switched to the no sugar one today even though it has the same amount of calories.

Your suggestions are far more delicious, tempting! Pancakes are pretty easy without eggs. Also "omelettes" made with chickpea flour are a big favourite. Hmm, we'll see how much effort I can put in to combat my laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I understand laziness... I make protein squares on a Sunday and wrap and chill them for the week. Meal prep as well and freeze/chill as well. Once you spend a few hours at it you'll have loads of options and different meal types to keep you going for a week or two.

Yeah 50g sitting at the bottom of my bowl is miserable, however tasty. 45g cornflakes fills the same bowl

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cool, must think about that. My only saving grace is almond milk is 4 or 5 times less calories than milk.

I always mean to get some tupperware and plan ahead but all I do is plan about planning :D What recipe do you use? and I'll see can I adapt.

I'm allergic to everything so i think you won't have much adapting

1 cup of oats / 80g

2 scoops/60g of protein powder (i use beef protein powder, original recipe was whey, I'm sure your ones are fine)

½ cup of milk (i use almond milk)

1/2 cup / 3 heaped tbsp / 120g of peanut butter

3 tablespoons of honey/agave syrup

cocoa powder 3 tbsps

Combine the milk, peanut butter, and honey in a large bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds. Stir and microwave for an additional 15 seconds.

Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.

Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and press the mixture evenly in the pan.

Freeze for at least 15 minutes. Cut into bars (i get 9 out of these)

160kcal
    13.7/ 7.8 / 9.5 c/f/p with my stuff in it

I don't know how strong tasting your protein is, more cocoa powder would be fine to add

I'm a big fan of protein porridge as well... Measure some out and stick your protein in there. Maybe some flavouring

Awesome, sounds great and that's pretty simple. Pea protein is very strong tasting but I usually mask it with peanut butter and cocoa in my smoothies already. Hemp protein is simply DELICIOUS so I don't want to mask it at all. I'll give it a go and see how it turns out.

• Advertisement

Is it yeah? I might try hemp next time i put in an order

I love it so much, maybe try a small bag as otherwise it could be an expensive mistake if you don't like it, I've ordered it when it's 40% off or more - usually 2x2.5kg bags at a time. I think lidl or aldi currently are selling some too at the moment. It's less protein % but more nutrients/aminos.

My smoothie with it in general is Banana, 1x scoop Hemp Protein, Peanut Butter, Cocoa, Soy Milk - Agave to taste but often just none. I used to have that for breakfast every day and it was sweet. Kept me filled until around 3 or 4. Might try to switch back to that more often too. Damn free work stuff!

Won the sit up challenge (most situps in a week) in my gym. Have to bne at once and recorded by staff. Did a few hundred just but won nonetheless. Most of the prizes weren't vegan so i fed my competitors in the weight losing competition :pac: Won a water bottle for myself, i'll take it. This week's comp was teh most distance traveled on a xtrainer in 10 mins with the default settings, was a good one for me since I'm on the thing so much.

third week in the comp now, down 4.7kg.

Just had the final weigh in and I've won, happy days!

Down 10.7KG (23.5lbs) and a helluva lot stronger so happy out. My gym membership had just run out and I won 6 more months so it came in the nick of time. Gym was kind enough to let me use the gym for free for a few weeks to finish off the contest. My trainer was really great and pushed me hard. I think his biggest shock was my food diary showing I was vegan haha. That also meant I felt like I could eat a lot due to the low calorie nature of a lot of my food. It was an individual competition but there were two teams against each other also, which was great motivation as well, some group classes and getting to relate about all the pain. Looking forward now to more strength work continuing on.

Advertisement