Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards sound cloud

• 29-10-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

I was wondering would it be possible to make a boards sound cloud account or some similar site where people could upload audio clips of them playing their instruments and get feed back. It would be of no commercial gain , just a place for people to listen to each others playing and progress. Maybe give some tips and feedback.

Is this allowed or would there be any interest for such a thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

There's a stickied thread ('Know your musos') in Bands and Musicians Community where people can share links to their music. It's 'a no discussion' thread, though.

But something similar to that would be way less hassle than managing a login Soundcloud account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

A dedicated thread where people can link their own SoundCloud tracks is far less hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Ok cool.
    Could we do that?
    Just recordings off our playing.
    Any interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

It's 'a no discussion' thread, though.

Typical Boards micromanagement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

For instance I recorded a stairway to heaven solo the other day but have no friends who are guitar players to get feedback from.
    If there was a thread here for that then it would be great.
    I don't see how listening to recordings of solo instruments and discussing them would break the rules , no advertising rule would still apply.
    So are the mods content to allow this happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    For instance I recorded a stairway to heaven solo the other day but have no friends who are guitar players to get feedback from.
    If there was a thread here for that then it would be great.
    I don't see how listening to recordings of solo instruments and discussing them would break the rules , no advertising rule would still apply.
    So are the mods content to allow this happen?

I don't see why a similar thread to this wouldn't work in this forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055583801

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Sounds like a great idea. Go for it.

Advertisement