Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork West Ham supporters

Options
  • 29-10-2015 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just wondering if the Cork Hammers are still going? They are not on West Ham website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

3rd in the league and they come straight out of the woodwork lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pzorro

Travelled in my lonesome to the game on Saturday. So just looking for a few companions next trip.
    .red. wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

They seem to be doing good after having their training camp in Fota during the summer.

Did you see them there?

Solid summer training seems to have paid off 😀but unfortunately I did not get to see them
    They seem to be doing good after having their training camp in Fota during the summer.

Did you see them there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

.red. wrote: »

Noel Cantwell and Tommy Moroney are two people from our great city that played for West Ham.I think a few more Cork people have been on their books as well.There has been West Ham fans in Cork for years.They were one of the first English football clubs that people in the city supported when English football started to become popular in Ireland.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Advertisement

Lots of shared history between Cork and East London with immigration and the car factories, and maybe the iron works long ago.
    Noel Cantwell and Tommy Moroney are two people from our great city that played for West Ham.I think a few more Cork people have been on their books as well.There has been West Ham fans in Cork for years.They were one of the first English football clubs that people in the city supported when English football started to become popular in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Carl Humphries who won a FAI cup medal with Cork Hibs in 1972 played with them AFAIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Ha ha. Talk about a joke going over peoples heads.
    I know a good few hammers around the city. Think there used to be a good suporters club in macroom too. Might be worth checking out if the city one isnt around anymore.

Thanks I'll see if they are active

• Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I know a good few hammers I'm almost sure their is a supporters club in the evergreen bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

pzorro wrote: »
    Just wondering if the Cork Hammers are still going? They are not on West Ham website

Ivan Murphy used to run Little Island Hammers supporters club, you could try emailing him ivan.murphy@hotmail.com

Thanks, will drop him a line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

I was at the training camp in foto and saw the lads with the little island hammers flag. Think they were getting a shirt signed for charity too from Julian dicks n co. Would be good to organise a pint and a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Greenpointers

I know all the lads from the supporters club and know Ivan very well if anyone wants to PM me their number and ill pass it on for ye. They go over quite a bit.

Advertisement