Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatically switching to eStatements

Options
  • 29-10-2015 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

More " Good news" from Bank of Ireland today. I will no longer be getting paper statements. Can I opt out of this? If so, how? I really value my paper statements for my records. Can someone explain how this is " Good news" for me? Coming on the day I'm ringing around and going online changing all my credit card details, I'm less than impressed. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

More " Good news" from Bank of Ireland today. I will no longer be getting paper statements. Can I opt out of this? If so, how? I really value my paper statements for my records. Can someone explain how this is " Good news" for me? Coming on the day I'm ringing around and going online changing all my credit card details, I'm less than impressed. 
    Hi Sandra,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with our change to estatements. 

However when you are changed to estatements you do have the option online via Manage accounts to change back to paper statements.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Macmillan150

That's great. Will they continue to be free? And will be switching to paper statements be as easy as it is to change to ez statements ( big visible button beside each account number)? 

Also, how is this " good news "? Again, I feel I'm missing something

And now I haven't been paid!!! You have to be kidding me!! This is just endless.  When will wages be transferred? This is happening at a ridiculous rate. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

That's great. Will they continue to be free? And will be switching to paper statements be as easy as it is to change to ez statements ( big visible button beside each account number)? 
    Hi sandraiwhite@ya,

Thanks for your replies. 

Yes up to date statements will continue to be issued free of charge. 
    If you would like to opt out there will be an option online to do this once the change comes into effect in November. One advantage of estatements is that as they are an easy way of accessing your statements as and when you need them without the need for requesting duplicate statements. Duplicated statements are charged at €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for additional pages. 

In relation to payment delay, we're aware that some payments to accounts have been delayed this morning. We're working to resolve this as soon as possible and sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 

• Advertisement
Advertisement