Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Skateboard in Cork

Options
  • 29-10-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to get my nephew a skateboard in Cork tomorrow. Any advice on where I should be going?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Mm well if it was just a basic one Smyths have them. But for funkier ones there used to be a skater shop across from the Cinema in town or tis more across from the opera house..

Not sure was it Bolts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

He already has one I'd presume at the kind of level Smyths would have so it's the funkier ones I'm after! Are you saying across the river from the Opera House?

I see I see, yes tis Bolts sorry the computer jammed https://www.facebook.com/Bolts-Skate-Shop-117377681795528/

This is saying it is on Kyle street so perhaps there are two.

The one across from the opera is at to the right of the N Square restaurant there used to be one there..

Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Repall on Sheares Street have a nice variety.

Good selection of vinyl as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bolts looked like it had closed down the last time I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

There's a place next to the barbers by the Court house.

Might be a place off north main st too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Gamb!t wrote: »
    There's a place next to the barbers by the Court house.

Might be a place off north main st too ?

thats Repall Skateshop https://www.facebook.com/repall.skateboarding per grindle above.

So we got to Cork today & got me nephew a board in Repall's. The Spanish guy in there was very pleasant to deal with &, after some humming & hawing from the young fella, we bought one.
    Had a look but Bolts' seems to be no more as a living shop.
    Thanks all for the help.

• Advertisement

Yeah great you got sorted. Sorry about Bolts being closed but at least you got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Tubes. Have a pop up warehouse at the moment in 49 east gate Dr little island.
    I saw a bunch of decks in there for 25ish euro.

No idea what the other gear cost but not a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

mawk wrote: »
    Tubes. Have a pop up warehouse at the moment in 49 east gate Dr little island.
    I saw a bunch of decks in there for 25ish euro.

No idea what the other gear cost but not a lot

Is that still around????? Thought they were getting rid of stock there years ago. Got some cheap cheap decks in that warehouse :D.

Advertisement