Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every time I try download an image or pdf attachment it asks for office 365 login

Options
  • 29-10-2015 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Every time I try download an image or pdf attachment it asks for office 365 login. Im using outlook. Im not signed up to use office 365. I have tried diferent devices but still same problem? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What version of outlook are you using? When did this problem happen? Have you ever been able to download attachments with this version of outlook?

In most of these situations we have to pin down WHEN this started happening, as that will most likely lead is in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Have you checked your file associations to check they are set to use the correct programme to open these file types?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 beeftweet

What version of outlook are you using? When did this problem happen? Have you ever been able to download attachments with this version of outlook?

In most of these situations we have to pin down WHEN this started happening, as that will most likely lead is in the right direction.
    Only starting happening last week, never had any problems before. Using outlook online so not sure what version Got email welcome to office online I think they have upgraded outlook.. This could be causing issues??

FSL wrote: »
    Have you checked your file associations to check they are set to use the correct programme to open these file types?
    I cant download them to open them in first place

beeftweet wrote: »
    Only starting happening last week, never had any problems before. Using outlook online so not sure what version Got email welcome to office online I think they have upgraded outlook.. This could be causing issues??

What browser are you using?

When you look at the mail with the attachment, do you have options to download it as a zip, or download it any other way?

If you open your downloads folder can you see this file there? If you can, right click and click "open with..." and then adobe reader.

• Advertisement

What browser are you using?

When you look at the mail with the attachment, do you have options to download it as a zip, or download it any other way?

If you open your downloads folder can you see this file there? If you can, right click and click "open with..." and then adobe reader.

can't download the file. all options to download just brings me to the 365 login page. I cant download the file

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Ho there uninstall office 365 and then reinstall it should sort you out.hope i helped.

beeftweet wrote: »
    can't download the file. all options to download just brings me to the 365 login page. I cant download the file

You're going to have to post screen shots of what yours seeing, as thus far this makes little sense.

Advertisement