Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Tuner Ireland One Guide

Options
  • 29-10-2015 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I bought the tv tuner after reading the thread here - I only needed an indoor aerial also. I did what everyone said and signed in with the region set to UK - it worked great with post code set to BT35 but I'm delighted to say off you sign in as Ireland now it gives Sairview as an option and the One Guide now has all the listings - I knew people had got them on the beta but I had no idea it was working for everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

trevor1973 wrote: »
    I bought the tv tuner after reading the thread here - I only needed an indoor aerial also. I did what everyone said and signed in with the region set to UK - it worked great with post code set to BT35 but I'm delighted to say off you sign in as Ireland now it gives Sairview as an option and the One Guide now has all the listings - I knew people had got them on the beta but I had no idea it was working for everyone
    What is going on here exactly?

You are able to get what British channels? Then you can get the Irish channels too? Do you have to make a new account to get the British channels?

Raoul wrote: »
    What is going on here exactly?

You are able to get what British channels? Then you can get the Irish channels too? Do you have to make a new account to get the British channels?

No it's done by setting region to UK when you set it up , then switch it back to ireland. Works as the OP suggests.

It works even better than the built in tuner on my samsung TV which will tune UK channels but they are an unwatchable garbled mess but crystal clear when viewing with the Xbox tuner even the HD ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

No it's done by setting region to UK when you set it up , then switch it back to ireland. Works as the OP suggests.

It works even better than the built in tuner on my samsung TV which will tune UK channels but they are an unwatchable garbled mess but crystal clear when viewing with the Xbox tuner even the HD ones.
    But do you get program guide details for the UK and Irish channels, or just one or the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Any chance you would do a video? Can't seem to find anything on youtube for someone using this in Ireland. Really interested to see what it does. Or can you give a channel list that you have?

It lists all Irish and UK free to air channels, so ITV BBC and CH4's etc it doesn't show program details for non-Irish channels for me when set to Ireland. Which is fine for me as I generally only watch TV when there is something specific I want to see and I wouldn't be one for browsing through channels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement