Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V for PS4 - coming from PS3

Options
  • 29-10-2015 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me with this. I've just bought a PS4 and plan to get GTA V in the near future. I've played it on the PS3. I have some vague memory about being able to buy it for PS4 for cheaper if you've already had it for PS4. Is that a dream I had or something???

Also wondering about transferring my online player data over as I had played a bit of online and don't fancy starting from the start if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I don't think that is the case.

When the PS4 and Xbox One first launched you were able to pay, if memory serves, 5 to 10 euro to upgrade to the latest gen versions of game. So if you bought FIFA 14 on PS3 in October, then in December got a PS4 they would charge a small amount to upgrade.

But i'm pretty sure that was on a small selection of games in the earliest days of the consoles.

I may very well be wrong and there could be a GTA V specific policy in place considering the delay between the release of the PS3/Xbox 360 and PS4/Xbox One versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There was a promotion recently where anyone who had GTA V on PS3 but not played it on PS4 were offered a 33% discount on the PS4 version on the Playstation Store. That promotion is over though

The attachment has the email that was sent out to people that qualified.

Advertisement