Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Pain quotidien - Kildare is in the UK Now

Options
  • 29-10-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So I see in the Indo that Le Pain Quotidien is now in Ireland (Kildare Village).

Article in the Indo today - I'm a first time poster so can't quote the url.

Always great to see a new business open and offer employment. The Managing Director of the UK area seems delighted to be opening in Ireland. But is it too much to ask that they actually list the new outlet in the correct country on their website?

go to the le pain quotidien .com website
    Click on Store and menu finder
    Enter Kildare

Select Kildare Village
    click Kildare Village on the map or on the left hand side and wow! What a message:

This store is in the United Kingdom.

I've emailed their team in the US but it just begars belief - anyway I hope they do well. Might drop them in an atlas at the weekend!

Maybe someone should invite the UK management team over for the 1916 celebrations next year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Well I for one welcome our pastry overlords and if they want us in the United Kingdom maybe we should rejoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Working with websites it was probably more a case of a bug, thing they forgot to change or accidental design issue (imagine web developers running around going "WHO HARD CODED UNITED KINGDOM AS A COUNTRY INTO THE TEMPLATE. YOU WILL DIE. I WILL KILL YOU" sort of a thing) than Le Pain Quotidien singing Rule Britannia as they selected 'United Kingdom' from a list for the Kildare branch.

Looks like they've fixed it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I know nothing about this place other than there was a queue to get into it on Saturday afternoon

Advertisement