Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dell worksation won't boot.

Options
  • 29-10-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine has a Dell Precision Workstation T3600. It won't boot . Flashing orange light on front and numbers 1-3 displayed on machine. This suggest a memory fault from what i can gather. I have removed and installed the 4 sticks one by one with no joy. Any ideas what might be going on here?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

How old is this system, it could be a motherboard issue, or any number of things to be honest. Did you try removing all DIMMs and inserting only one at a time, and trying to power on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Yes tried that with no joy. it was a motherboard problem ,there was a transistor fried on it. Still under warranty so bit of a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Yes tried that with no joy. it was a motherboard problem ,there was a transistor fried on it. Still under warranty so bit of a result.

Yup, I remember dealing with optiplex's a long time ago that suffered the same problem. Oh the memories!

Advertisement