Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity pay

• 29-10-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I was wondering could anyone help?
    On returning home from the UK i got my 1st teaching job in Ireland in a secondary school (Jan 2014) this was a pro-rata contract. I took up a fixed term contract in the same school in May, with the start date 27th August 2014- August 2015. My maternity is due to start on the 22nd December. I am aware fixed term teachers have full maternity entitlement, but after seeing on the ASTI website that it is calculated on 39 wks PRSI in the previous 12 months or 26 wks PRSI in the relevant tax year (neither i fulfill) i am now concerned i will not be entitled to maternity pay.

Could anyone help? Will i receive maternity pay based on my contract or will my PRSI affect this??

I have made contact to with the ASTI and i am awaiting clarification.

Thanks

Advertisement