Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to convince my mate apple is better

• 29-10-2015 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Title says it all. Trying to prove apple is best, post what makes apple superior from windows to you ! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Pootis wrote: »
    Title says it all. Trying to prove apple is best, post what makes apple superior from windows to you ! ;)

Flogging a dead horse there, apple stuff is no better than any other and their software is frankly appalling. Wouldn't recommend the overpriced guff to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Pootis

:o have you seen motion 5, Final Cut Pro x?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

What reasons have you tried so far?

I don't think it's untrue. Apple is better and more fluid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Like moths to a flame they come

• Advertisement

Also I have tried using the fact apples built in software is so far superior to windows. Textedit compared to notepad even

Thanks for your contribution efb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Heh no I just own a Mac and an iPod I was trapped with an ol windows laptop before though. Just wanna show apples is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Thanks for your contribution efb

I meant the anti-apple brigade

My best way- lend them my MacBook for a weekend

• Advertisement

Ooooohhhh ok. God bless you. Lol windows scrubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Disclaimer: Not a fanboy.

I'm replacing my long suffering Dell soon. I'll be going with a macbook. Because it'll work like a computer is supposed to. I'm used to XP. XP worked fine. There's no way, after interactions with windows 8/10, that I'm dealing with send to poxy one note when all I want is ctrl+p, return. Let the cursor wander to the side and your looking at a document but no longer working on it. Tiles and apps? On my laptop? Fcuk right off.

Tl;dr Macs still work like macs. PCs work like ms developers think everybody should want them to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

One word. Linux.Good night.

Thanks endacl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Heh no I just own a Mac and an iPod I was trapped with an ol windows laptop before though. Just wanna show apples is better

The fact that you have owned both and still have to try prove your point should really tell you something.

Really its a question of personal taste though. If you want to try hard go with apple. If you want
    economy and flexibilty go windows ( unless we're talkin phones, windows phones arent fit to jam a door open)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

You mean OS-X is superior to Windows. Agreed. But Linux is superior to both of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Why do you even care?

:(

I like your way of describing windows phone, and thank you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Flaccus wrote: »
    You mean OS-X is superior to Windows. Agreed. But Linux is superior to both of them :D

Y'see? You're coming across as somebody who's 'into computers'. Describe each OS in terms of annoying/not annoying.

:D

Flaccus, I have a small weak Linux laptop I use for playing around with codes and stuff, I agree in some ways, it's simple, gets the job done , and doesn't give all the crap a windows, or OS X computer might give you. But I think it still needs more flesh and in the latest version I would never consider using Linux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I've always used Windows up until my current job. Now I have a Mac. I don't think there's much of a difference really. Except Excel for Mac is a nightmare.

I haven't actually had to use excel yet bee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Two threads basically asking the same question one after the other is a little bit desperate really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Much prefer banana.

I also think it depends what eco system you are invested in and what your use case is. I have a mac, iPhone and iPad, so yeah OS-X and iOS play well together. I use all this for photo, video editing, multimedia consumption, and the odd game on the iMac (via bootcamp or sometime native os-x (diablo 3 for example). And I just prefer OS-X over Windows as it's hassle free mostly in terms of malware, virus's etc.. and I do feel the OS runs smoother then Windows. I can't say the same for my windows PC which is now running linux and is dedicated to coding.

So I guess it boils down to what you use the OS for and what you are prepared to put up with in terms of OS 'features'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

:o have you seen motion 5, Final Cut Pro x?

have you seen MS Paint ?

Wow that's incredible, and OS X doesn't even come with a paint / drawing program built in...

Lots of alternatives to final cut pro on windows platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

FortySeven wrote: »
    apple stuff is no better than any other and their software is frankly appalling. Wouldn't recommend the overpriced guff to anyone.
    Ah come on, I'm only talking laptop wise here, the build quality is far superior to almost any laptop I've seen in a similar price range, by software are you talking OS? because OSX if far superior and 1million times more stable to anything Microsoft have ever released, Have you used Windows 8, 10:eek:

• Advertisement

Ah come on, I'm only talking laptop wise here, the build quality is far superior to almost any laptop I've seen in a similar price range, by software are you talking OS? because OSX if far superior and 1million times more stable to anything Microsoft have ever released, Have you used Windows 8, 10:eek:

Apple laptops indeed have excellent fit and finish and build quality but a price. I use one myself every day. However 400-500 euro laptops from HP, Acer, Lenovo etc.. are what are being sold in most PC stores. Manufacturing companies realised 5 years ago mobile tech is becoming disposable and are building these machines to a price point and selling in volume. I worked for one of these companies and while the finish might not be to apple standards, these machines are just as durable and have 80-90% of a macs performance for a fraction of the price. My Acer is still going perfectly after 5 years. Zero stability issues.

Of course, some manufacturers do make premium laptops also, and while not as expensive as a comparable mac, they generally offer better specs when it comes to screen tech, amount of memory, cpu speed etc.. And their build quality is pretty close The new Dell XPS is one example.

Regarding OS-X v Windows. It personnel preference. I had no issues with Windows XP or 7 and ditched Windows 8 for Linux as I simply did not like where MS were going with 8. 10 is a big improvement by all accounts and I might give it a try. OS-X by the way is based on Unix and is now considered a Unix certified product since 10.5.

Advertisement