Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SDCC 2016

• 29-10-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

So San Diego Comic Con will be held next year between JULY 21–24, 2016.

Is any one else hoping to go? I'm looking at spending a few weeks Holidays traveling in the States in July next year and including this in the holiday trip.

I've registered for the Open Online Registration process already. I know that doesn't ensure me of a badge but I have to plan for it now if I want to have a chance.

If any one has been before I'd appreciate if they had time to discuss one or two aspects of SDCC with me. I'd just be interested in feedback on one or two things.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Would love to go... Seems like the most awkward and expensive thing ever though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Would love to go... Seems like the most awkward and expensive thing ever though.

yeah agreed, only considering it as I'm planning a few weeks over in the states any way so can get OK prices on flights. Cheap Accom difficult to find but I've found a reasonable priced B&B which seems ok based on reviews.

The worst thing for me is not knowing if I'd actually get a badge or not though. If not, I'd likely change my plans in terms of which states I'd travel to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I'd love to go someday... i'll keep an eye on this thread, if you keep updating it...

any idea if you`ll wear a costume if you get the badge...
    It will surely be air conditioned over there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

To update:

Flights and hostel now booked. I've registered on the Comic Con website as well so now I just need to wait for the open reg period and hope I get lucky with the ticket lottery.

To stress -> I've only book these because I'm over in the states for the month any way so even if I don't get tickets for SDCC I'll have back up plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

To update:

Flights and hostel now booked. I've registered on the Comic Con website as well so now I just need to wait for the open reg period and hope I get lucky with the ticket lottery.

To stress -> I've only book these because I'm over in the states for the month any way so even if I don't get tickets for SDCC I'll have back up plans.

A friend of Mine went out in 2013, spent 2 months working in an AMC cinema, and got access trough the cinema and Volunteers who worked part time in the cinema.

• Advertisement
Advertisement