Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notification emails

Options
  • 29-10-2015 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

I stopped receiving notification emails for subscribed threads even though instant email notification is set. Can this be looked at?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Can you uptick the box, save it, then tick it again, and save it?

We've been having some technical issues in the past few weeks, so see if this works and let us know?

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Shield wrote: »
    Can you uptick the box, save it, then tick it again, and save it?

We've been having some technical issues in the past few weeks, so see if this works and let us know?

-Shield.

Tried that, didn't work!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Have a look at the list below, and double check all the points:
    • Your Spam folder
    • Your e-mail is set to list e-mails by date (most recent first)
    • You haven't changed your e-mail address recently
    • You haven't change any settings or options in your User CP recently
    • You haven't changed anything from the time it was working, to the time it stopped working - if so, what was added/removed/changed?
    These are the type of things that usually cause such problems, so once you double check everything, we can start to dig a bit deeper.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Hi Shield,
    Tried everything below without success, however I did get it sorted in the end!
    I changed my @me.com to my @icloud.com email address, the new verification never arrived. I checked spam folder and there was nothing. I changed to my @gmail.com address and the verification email arrived instantly. The notification emails started again then. For some reason it was something to do with Apple email addresses.
    Thanks,
    Neil

Thanks for the update.

I'll bring this to the attention of the technical staff members and they'll work their wizardry on it if it's found to be an issue.

Cheers.

-Shield.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement