Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another new build recommendation

Options
  • 29-10-2015 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Looking for advice on a new gaming pc build for Christmas.

Products that I have chosen. (All available from Dabs.ie)
    Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) HyperX Fury Black Series 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM
    EVGA 430W White 80PLUS Certified PSU (Power Supply)
    Toshiba 1TB SATA 6GB/s 32MB 7200RPM 3.5" Hard Drive
    Intel Pentium Dual Core G3258 3.20GHz 3MB S1150 Pentium K Anniversary (CPU)
    MSI H81M-P33 S1150 Intel H81 DDR3 mATX (MotherBoard)
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 1GB GDDR5 PCIe3.0 Graphics Card
    Antec VSK4000E ATX Case No PSU Cable Routing Front USB 2.0 (case)

1. What is your budget? [€400-500]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] (CounterStrike:GlobalOffensive(on high graphics) and Ark: Survival Evolved (on medium graphics)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good well rounded build, however, if you can stretch, I would recommend going for an i3-4160. It'll cost you an extra €60 on the G3258, but it's a far better investment. They both perform very similarly on many games, but in a few more intensive titles - Battlefield 4, GTA V, etc - the G3258K suffers dreadful minimum frames due to the lack of hyper threading.

It won't be an issue with CS:GO whatsoever to be fair, but it will be more apparent on ARK, as that's very CPU intensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

Thanks. I also want to know where you can buy a windows 10 license from. Do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

ger34 wrote: »
    Thanks. I also want to know where you can buy a windows 10 license from. Do you know?

You can but it on reddit Ger

Advertisement