Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths answering questions

• 30-10-2015 4:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭

If I come back to a question and attempt it different the second time, so I get 2 different answers, which one do they mark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

I'm not sure but I think my maths teacher said if you have 2 answers down without 1 being crossed out u will get no marks as they think u might be guessing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I remember hearing they take the first answer and disregard the second one. If I'm correct or the poster above is, it's not a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

What I have always heard from multiple maths teachers is that if you write down two or three different answers along with the steps you used to get them, you should cross out every method except one (in a way that it's still legible, don't scribble on them) and even if the method you didn't cross out is wrong, the examiner will look at the crossed-out methods/answers and if one of them is right you will still get full marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

I always thought they would take the correct method and answer if you have more than one but not 100% sure :)

Advertisement