Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding out how my degree is weighted

• 30-10-2015 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys,

I'm currently in my third year of a BA connect and beginning to think about what I might do after my undergrad. I was wondering if anyone knows who I could contact to find out how my degree is weighted overall? (for example 30% second year, pass/fail third, 70% final year).
    Thanks, sorry if it's a daft question but I can't find the info anywhere!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Here you go
    Marks & Standards for all Fulltime Undergraduate Degree Examinations
    6.1. Award of Honours for Degree Examinations

At degree level, honours will be calculated on the basis of 30% of the aggregate mark obtained at the pre-final stage*
    Examination and 70% of the aggregate mark obtained at the final stage Examination.

The standard will be based upon the following table:
    H1 70% on the aggregate
    H2.1 60% on the aggregate
    H2.2 50% on the aggregate
    H3 40% on the aggregate

* Another year, other than the pre-final year, may be nominated for valid academic reasons with the approval of the Academic Regulations Committee.

Advertisement