Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid subscriptions, avatars etc...idea ?

Options
  • 30-10-2015 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hello Boardsies and Mods,

Just a quick question and suggestion.
    I was looking at the boards.ie subscription (though I've never needed it to this point...and also it's ridiculously hard to even find the way to subscribe even if people wanted, I'm sure most users aren't even aware of it) solely for the fact I would like to give back to boards as I've been visiting the site for 10 years and it has kept me entertained through boring days at home and in work.
    However, 5 euro a month is a lot for a service that isn't really required.
    I think most members throughout boards.ie would feel the same.

However, I would have no problem donating 5 euro or 10 euro on a once off basis if it would allow me to change my avatar (to something acceptable to boards.ie rules of course) as I have grown a bit tired of seeing The Tick over the last 10 years (I hit 10 years this month...yay :P)

I think if something like this , a once off donation for avatar changing was put in place, you may see a lot more users donating. As far as I'm aware at present you have to be a mod (which I don't want to be) or a full paid subscriber (which is 60 a year) .

Most people wouldn't want or don't need the extra full subscription privileges, just to change our avatars :)

Implement this idea, it makes financial sense for you and makes me and others happy. This is the only way. Do it...do it...you know you want to.
    Thank you.
    Case closed.

Here's to another 10 years (without the Tick as my avatar)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Boards has listened to your suggestion and decided it's a great idea and have implemented it.

You can find this option here in your control panel: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php

Click on 1 month non recurring if you want to just pay €5 on a one off basis, to last the period of a month.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Always assumed it was a fiver for the year.
    Nice idea though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

SeantheMan wrote: »
    However, I would have no problem donating 5 euro or 10 euro on a once off basis if it would allow me to change my avatar
    I believe the technical term for getting something after paying money is a "purchase", not a donation. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Come visit the First Class Lounge once you've subscribed. We're not weird or anything!

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Come visit the First Class Lounge once you've subscribed. We're not weird or anything!

Don't do that. You'll end up running a marathon or something equally as stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Don't do that. You'll end up running a marathon or something equally as stupid.

It's all about marketing, every subscription now comes with a free healthcare package ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

And free water too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Cheers. Paid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

TherapyBoy wrote: »

Shhhhhhh it's a secret :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Avada wrote: »
    Shhhhhhh it's a secret :pac:

You get nicer chairs too I hear... oops!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement