Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay in wages into account

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi all, 

Payments are now being processed & posting to customer accounts, balances will update this evening. Sincere apologies & thanks for your patience throughout the day today. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Hi all, 

Payments are now being processed & posting to customer accounts, balances will update this evening. Sincere apologies & thanks for your patience throughout the day today. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Are they being processed manually as claimed, or electronically?

Manually means quite a number of people will not receive payments this evening, given that the evening is nearly over

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hi all, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    So Sarah,
    If all this is now being resolved will compensation be paid to customers??

After all we do pay stupid amounts of fees on all our transactions to BOI.

For those fees I personally expect to get a service that I am paying for and that service that you are supposed to provide includes having my salary in my account when its supposed to be there.

This the 4th time this year I think this has happened and every time we are fobbed off with copy/paste answers.

Someone needs to take responsibility for this mess and/or compensate customers.

I personally want my last quarters fees refunded as a "gesture" of goodwill on BOIs part and I think everyone that's affected should demand the same.

That may just stop it happening in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

Are they being processed manually as claimed, or electronically?

Manually means quite a number of people will not receive payments this evening, given that the evening is nearly over

That's on twitter too. Any chance you could actually respond to questions asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Have just been paid so hopefully won't be long more for everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

I've just been paid as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

I'm paid now. The kids will have some treats for Halloween now ! childcare and mortgage paid, thanks for a stressful Friday boi.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

Hi all, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    No problem at all, you're welcome, these things happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

"No problem at all"

Actually it was as a huge problem for a lot of people. Yes I understand it was not the rep Sarah's fault but no problem at all is going a bit far! Glad it obviously didn't affect you too much but for me it was a day full of worry, co fusion and frustration in between checking boards.ie, Twitter and 365onlibe every 20 mins for some sort of update! A big problem to be honest from and not acceptable from a national bank

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Mine went in at the usual time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Mine went in at the usual time.

BOI To BOI was not affected just other banks to BOI

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It was AIB to BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I feel for people living paycheck to paycheck however if you are in a position where you need to borrow money because your wages are 12 hours late then you really need to look at your finances.

What would you do if you employer suddenly went under and you weren't going to get paid at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Switching to PTSB next week

Can't be any worse and at least it's free
    Moved 2 years ago from BOI TO PTSB best move i made able to go into a branch on a sat morning no fees for using MY money BOI treats their customers with nothing but contempt for their customers and this issue is an excellent illustration of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I feel for people living paycheck to paycheck however if you are in a position where you need to borrow money because your wages are 12 hours late then you really need to look at your finances.

What would you do if you employer suddenly went under and you weren't going to get paid at all?
    It's just an act people put on to pressure others in to acting... nobody will actually starve as a result of a 12 hour bank delay, it's just heat of the moment anger where people will use anything to hand / that comes to mind to throw at custom service agents / voice their anger...

Us Irish are notoriously good at telling people how terrible are lives are and how poor we are in relation to everyone around us... 

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I disagree.  Banking has become so central to how we work and live nowadays: most are paid directly, and many people have a lot of outgoings directly from their account.  Nobody is "having a go" at customer service agents, but the responses we have seen here and on their twitter channels show just how out of touch that Bank of Ireland are. Repeatedly bleating an apology and claiming to be working on it, without explaining what actually happened here or offering people any compensation or redress. Look at the Ulster Bank snafu some time ago where the Bank played a similar line to BoI for a much longer period. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tinytee

Monday morning and still no wages in the bank!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jmustafa

My wages was paid by employer on 22nd last month. Still no sight of the money in my BOI account. Called CS 5 times and always the same response "The money will be in your account this evening".

Now it’s 11 days delayed not 12 hrs. This is ****. I’m def changing bank after this is resolved. I know other banks in Ireland are just as sh*tty as BOI but I want to make a statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

jmustafa wrote: »
    My wages was paid by employer on 22nd last month. Still no sight of the money in my BOI account. Called CS 5 times and always the same response "The money will be in your account this evening".

Now it’s 11 days delayed not 12 hrs. This is ****. I’m def changing bank after this is resolved. I know other banks in Ireland are just as sh*tty as BOI but I want to make a statement.
    Hi jmustafa,

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy and are considering moving your account. In this instance, we would advise that your employer contacts their bank to have a trace raised on the transfer. We are aware there was a delay with applying credits to customer's account on Friday 30th, this had no impact on credits sent the previous week.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments and feedback.

If you’re still waiting for an expected payment, please contact BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000 and an advisor will be happy to investigate this for you. If you wish to raise a formal complaint, please see here for our Complaints Process or you can call the above number and an advisor will happily help.

Thanks
    Tara 

• Advertisement

Hi jmustafa,

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy and are considering moving your account. In this instance, we would advise that your employer contacts their bank to have a trace raised on the transfer. We are aware there was a delay with applying credits to customer's account on Friday 30th, this had no impact on credits sent the previous week.

Thanks
    Tara
    My employer contacted their bank and they said it’s problem with BOI as the payment has successfully left their account.

Hi jmustafa,

Thanks
    Tara
    My employer contacted their bank and they said it’s problem with BOI as the payment has successfully left their account.
    Hi jmustafa,

As you have not received the funds, your employer will need to ask their bank to put a trace on the payment. As mentioned above, the delay with applying credits to customers accounts on Friday 30th October, had no impact on credits that had already been sent the previous week. 

Thanks
    Tara

Hi jmustafa,

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi jmustafa,

As you have not received the funds, your employer will need to ask their bank to put a trace on the payment. As mentioned above, the delay with applying credits to customers accounts on Friday 30th October, had no impact on credits that had already been sent the previous week. 

Thanks
    Tara
    The trace shows that the payment was received successfully by BOI, just not credited to my account.

Hi,

Have you received previous credits from your employer and have you confirmed the correct IBAN was used?

Thanks
    Tara

Hi,

Have you received previous credits from your employer and have you confirmed the correct IBAN was used?

Thanks
    Tara
    Are you serious? I have been receiving my wages on the same account for 5yrs. My current employer has been using my IBAN for 2 yrs now, so maybe I had my IBAN wrong for the past 2 yrs but my wages magically used to arrive in the correct account?

Hi jmustafa,

Just trying to help by getting as much information as possible to determine what may have happened. We do not have access to customer's account details here on Boards.ie so we wouldn't have this information regarding your previous payments. 

As you mentioned there has been a trace done on the transfer, you can contact our Customer Service Team with the trace details and an advisor will be happy to raise this with our Payments Team for investigation. Customer Services can be contacted on 0818 365 365, 00353 1 4044000 or by logging onto 365 Online and sending an Ask a Question message in Online Service Desk.

Thanks,
    Tara

Hi jmustafa,

Just trying to help by getting as much information as possible to determine what may have happened. We do not have access to customer's account details here on Boards.ie so we wouldn't have this information regarding your previous payments. 

As you mentioned there has been a trace done on the transfer, you can contact our Customer Service Team with the trace details and an advisor will be happy to raise this with our Payments Team for investigation. Customer Services can be contacted on 0818 365 365, 00353 1 4044000 or by logging onto 365 Online and sending an Ask a Question message in Online Service Desk.

Thanks,
    Tara
    Already contacted CS 5 times. Always the same crap, we are looking into this and we will update you soon. Why should I call a 6th time now….

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tinytee

14.13 and still no wages in my account..my employer said he was told that it would be in all employees accounts by today

Hi jmustafa,

Thanks,
    Tara
    Already contacted CS 5 times. Always the same crap, we are looking into this and we will update you soon. Why should I call a 6th time now….
    Hi jmustafa,

If you'd like to send us a pm with your full name, the branch your account is held with and your contact phone number, we'll be happy to arrange a call from the Customer Service Team.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Tinytee wrote: »
    14.13 and still no wages in my account..my employer said he was told that it would be in all employees accounts by today
    Hi Tinytee,

If the payment does not credit your account today, please contact BOI Direct on the above number and an advisor will be happy to investigate.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement