Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay in wages into account

Options
  • 30-10-2015 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, can you please update on when issue is resolved with wages going into account, second time this has happened!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

This happens every time a week, fortnight and month end coincide with each other.  It is caused by a lack of processing power...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Disgraceful altogether. Makes it worse that it was a 5 week month too for some people and no money today. It better be sorted asap!!

I then received a text from BOI saying Vodafone will be looking for a payment today and there are no funds there to cover it, eh, of course there isn't as you didn't put my bloody wages through!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

I think somebody in Cabinteely forgot to press send again this week.

I got that text as well, we have 3 Vodafone D/D/s due out today, but the warning text would have been set up to trigger yesterday, and nobody cancelled them from the queue. I don't think the Vodafone direct debits can be presented today as the credit reports which apply the wages/salaries credits have to be run off first before they go through. Once they put the rubber bands on back on the machine again the credit report will run, and then they'll apply the direct debits....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

See this is the benefit you get for paying almost 60 euros a quarter in fees for!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

ah me to... 
    lovely no money in the bank this morning...
    and surprise surprise   no answer from the reps yet...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

No money in the account this morning either. This is absolutely disgraceful, and a repeated occurrence. Can the reps please give a description of what exactly has caused this? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi all, 

Thanks for your posts here this morning. Sorry for the delay in posting here, we're working through the volume of queries. 

We're working to resolve the payment delay as soon as possible. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused. As direct debit payments are presented throughout the day, these will be paid as soon as funds are credited into your account. 

As soon as we get any more info on this, we'll let you know here.  

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Will this be sorted by today?? I have no money, literally no money now. Used my last 10 euro on diesel to get to work. Absolutely disgraceful carry on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

So if the funds don't become available until Monday, potentially millions of Euro's will be charged to customers for failed Direct Debits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi all, 

Just to add, that we can assure you that no customer will be out of pocket arising from the delay this morning. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Hi Sarah,

i hope so!

I'm one of the people who is waiting for their money and i only found about it whilst trying to pay for petrol this morning!

Not pleasant at all.

If this is not sorted by this evening, will credits be made over the weekend or will this be left until Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Have to say this is most disappointing for both my wife and myself as our wages haven't gone through screwing a lot of bills up. Not the first time this has happened but will be the last as have no intention of continuing my day to day banking with BOI. Final straw I'm afraid.

Same here, Credit should be issued over the weekend if not sorted by 3PM today....bad enough to wait that long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

What measures have been put in place for account holders such as the poster above who found themselves in such an embarrassing situation?

Has an emergency helpline been set up?

Have accounts been flagged to allow direct debits to go through?

Have debit cards been flagged with a small overdraft facility?

If not, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

What is the update on this? So bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Tow wrote: »
    This happens every time a week, fortnight and month end coincide with each other.  It is caused by a lack of processing power...
    Yes. Not enough CPU.

Only NOW they know what was the issue and start resolving it........

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

will this be resolved today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Short answer to all your queries is they don't know when there will be a fix on this issue....

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/some-bank-of-ireland-customers-experiencing-payment-delays-1.2411324

This is simply not acceptable. No real information - Was it a breakdown? Was it a mistake? Was it an inherent flaw? Was it human error? 

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

Let me get this straight, we pay BOI to take care of our money. They hold on to it more than is acceptable and expect us to trot along with a simple 'oh sorry you got scr*wed by our lack of preparation, we could not foresee such a turn of event. You see, it's only the second times this happened to us within the last year, so how could we know it could happen?'

My dog knows better than to repeat twice the same mistake for god's sake!

And of course you get away with it, you don't give a flying f*ck about your customer, all that matters is that you get richer and richer using someone else's money, and you're right.
    I mean, worse case scenario, you get more of our money through a governement 'save plan' so you poor little people don't go bankrupt due to your own stupidity....

OK, enough ranting...

Sort this and treat your customers as they should be treated, with respect and consideration, and maybe, just maybe, enough of us will keep our accounts opened for you to survive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Wonder what BOI will do about peoples' credit rating when direct debits start to bounce. financially squaring it up doesn't remove the mark from their credit score...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

Any chance of a further update?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

This is one of the many reasons that electronic funds transfer is so inconvenient.  All employers should allow people the option of being paid by cheque, instead of having this inconvenience.

The lack of information is almost as annoying as not having my wages processed.

i didnt get a txt or email, only info seems to be on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I've my monthly rent to pay today. Interesting that this happens on a Friday and especially the last Friday of the month.

They say how it's inconvenient for customers but it seems very convenient for bank of ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dustyrip

If this isn't sorted today I am moving bank.

Advertisement