Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay in wages into account

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

Can a BOI rep please give a response other than "we are very sorry for the inconvenience" and "as soon as we have an update we'll let you know". Same responses on twitter all day long.

We need to know what the status is at the minute - even if you dont have an update, let us know that you have made no further progress, dont just ignore us.

We need to know what will happen with direct debits due to go out today if the funds are not in the accounts today (I already know that they will attempt to be called all throughout the day but what if the funds arent there today)

We need to know if the funds are not in today, will the funds be in our accounts over the weekend if the problem is resolved or, even if the problem is resolved this evenig or over the weekend will we still have to wait til Monday to get our money?

BOI are really ignoring the huge impact this has on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

at this stage i only want/NEED to know will we get paid today or not??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Have to agree with you meme. If they let us know what timeframe it is likely to take to rectify matters, we could make some alternative arrangement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Funds won't be credited on a weekend as the banks are closed.  So if it isn't resolved today it will be Monday.

Funds won't be credited on a weekend as the banks are closed. So if it isn't resolved today it will be Monday.
    mattaiuseire, I know normally banks are closed over the weekend but, given the scale of the issue I was asking BOI if this is definite or not as you would expect them to process payments as soon as possible whether people need to work overtime or not to do it should not be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Funds won't be credited on a weekend as the banks are closed.  So if it isn't resolved today it will be Monday.
    Credits can be applied on a Saturday, and will show up under Monday's date, but value in the shadow straight away. Debits cannot be applied on a Saturday. That's the rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi all, 

Thanks for your posts here. 

We're hoping to have an update on this soon and will post here as soon as we do. We're confident that funds will credit today and thank you all for your patience with this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Update: PTSB will give you a €100 bonus to switch. Very happy ex-Ulster bank customer here. If a bank cocks up straightforward transactions....

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

Fiu... money in the acc... glad its fixed for now

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

Anyone else got paid I cant check my online banking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

Anyone else got paid I cant check my online banking?
    I didn't....

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Switching to PTSB next week

Can't be any worse and at least it's free

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

Switching to PTSB next week

Can't be any worse and at least it's free
    I kind of hope we all will... I know I am

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No, nothing yet in mine anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Just checked my account. no payment received as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vorny

Still nothing either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Still no pay. Joke..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Absolutely disgraceful carry on going in to a weekend, leaving people with no money. I have had to borrow from my job, highly embarrassing situation to be put in.

Nope, my money still hasnt been paid to me. Joke.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Still nothing. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

Still nothing here either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi all, 

We're not forgetting you guys here on Boards, please bear with us as we're dealing with high volumes here on social media. We've no concrete update as of yet. We are working to ensure that all payments reach accounts today and we promise to update you as soon as we get more information. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

It is now COB and still no pay - BOI another update is required

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would say you can forget about any money till Monday

I would say you can forget about any money till Monday
    I fear you could be right. Lack of communication from them is so frustrating.

Currently being discussed on RTE Drivetime. 

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

I spoke to a colleague who's partner works for BOI

its fancy dress day in the processing centre. Staff are manually entering payments. When I asked her to check my account he said yes I was affected and it would be 12 midnight at an estimate before I would be resolved.

the lack of concrete information here is baffling. It would not take a mainframe database administrator five minutes to figure out what file fell over and caused thus issue. Its the fact they couldn't rollback for what ever reason that troubles me the most. I'm paid monthly. Its been a long week waiting on wages.

If they're manually entering payments then it's gone beyond ridiculous. 

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

He also mentioned branches would be opening late this evening to accommodate emergency withdrawals bit the boi o Connell st in dublin was closed. So this could be a Chinese whisper out there.

Perhaps BOI could ratify this staff commemt or confirm what branches if any may open tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Red Alert wrote: »
    If they're manually entering payments then it's gone beyond ridiculous. 

And so likely to fail.

Advertisement