Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Practice Manual

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

How does it work? once you have access to the videos can you download them so you can access them offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

redzerdrog wrote: »
    How does it work? once you have access to the videos can you download them so you can access them offline?

Not that I can see no. Looks like a streaming only option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Any recent updates on his book lads? as in has your handicap actually come down because of what you learn in the book? Still hav 2 golf books I haven't read at home but thing of just getting this :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

benny79 wrote: »
    Any recent updates on his book lads? as in has your handicap actually come down because of what you learn in the book? Still hav 2 golf books I haven't read at home but thing of just getting this :rolleyes: :D

To be honest, I got the book over 18 months ago and I haven't put the time in yet to read it all. Having said that, I found some of the drills at the back on short game useful. Its on my to do list of this year to put the time in to read it.

I've read 2-3 Dr Bob Rotella books and found them brilliant. You can just read some extracts and take snippets to improve your concentration/focus on the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

That's the thing everyone I've heard of that has bought the book hasn't read it all or put any of it to practise so its hard to gauge. I've read all the Bob Rotella books I currently have 2 new books at the moment well I say new but have them months and only pick them up the odd time :rolleyes: 1. The inner Game of Golf by W.Timothy Gallwey which is similar to Bob Rotella and a Tiger Woods instruction book which Rory Mcilroy say as a kid it was like his bible :D its was written in late 90's

So now I thinking of buying the Practice manual but thinking its just going to gather dust like the rest!.. :pac:

I am just reading the practice manual for the second time. I read it first time two years ago. I don't get great use as I don't practice often but what I would say is she I do practice it is definitely more benificial now and I feel like I am.getting something from it.

At the minute I am just going back to basics regarding strike location on the clubface and contact with ground ect

I am wondering for those who bought the strike plan what did you think of it? Was the content original or was it just the same thing we have seen in 100s on instructional videos? Does it give you many drill and ideas to develop drills?

Time to dig this out again and give it another read!

Although I have read it previously I have never been in a position to actually practice! I am hoping that changes this winter with about 7 weeks or so left of football before I hang up the boots for good and concentrate on golf!

Might also look at getting the strike plan and accuracy plan over the winter too!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Time to dig this out again and give it another read!

Although I have read it previously I have never been in a position to actually practice! I am hoping that changes this winter with about 7 weeks or so left of football before I hang up the boots for good and concentrate on golf!

Might also look at getting the strike plan and accuracy plan over the winter too!

You think you are giving up football for good but inevitably the call comes or there is a time of need when team is down a few players and it's a case of "I thought I was out but they pulled me back in". I always find after wintering well the body starts craving endorphins from training etc and you'd end up looking forward to going back.

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    You think you are giving up football for good but inevitably the call comes or there is a time of need when team is down a few players and it's a case of "I thought I was out but they pulled me back in". I always find after wintering well the body starts craving endorphins from training etc and you'd end up looking forward to going back.

Tell me about it! Think this is my 3rd retirement :-) I did actually give it up for few years before getting sucked back in but the body definitely isnt able any more so I will go away happy if I get to finish out this season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement