Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    My skin has got a bit blotchy, make-up doesn't seem to hide it too well so it looks uneven :(
    Then I've got a crack at the side of my mouth, which I get now and again if I feel run down, but this has been there for over a week now and hurts to open my mouth to eat!

Im not due til August so am a bit of an interloper into this thread!

This precise thing has happened to me in the last few weeks though. My skin blotches are more than likely psoriasis I think as I suffer from that anyway, but the cuts on the corner of my mouth are so fecking sore.

If I get those cuts I usually take a course of L Lysine but my pharmacist mentioned that they are not tested on pregnant women so though they would probably be fine they couldn't be certain that they would be. So I am stuck to sudocream and lip balm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

brokensoul wrote: »
    Im not due til August so am a bit of an interloper into this thread!

This precise thing has happened to me in the last few weeks though. My skin blotches are more than likely psoriasis I think as I suffer from that anyway, but the cuts on the corner of my mouth are so fecking sore.

If I get those cuts I usually take a course of L Lysine but my pharmacist mentioned that they are not tested on pregnant women so though they would probably be fine they couldn't be certain that they would be. So I am stuck to sudocream and lip balm.

I have had those cuts in corner of my mouth in the past, and was told its a B vitamin deficiency, but even when I upped my B vits, it didn't make huge difference. In the past I've used Daktarin oral gel on the cuts, and its usually cleared it up really quick, but its not working this time! Its really getting annoying now. It looks like a cold sore so its making me self concious, but I know its not a cold sore, I've never had a cold sore! If its not gone in another week, I'll ask my GP when I go on the 15th if he can suggest anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭olaola

I knew a mum in a parenting group when my son was little who said she got the vaccine and her baby got whooping cough anyway, so I don't think its a guarantee. Very bit helps though!

A vaccine isn't a 100% guarantee, and won't be fully effective until a certain percentage of the population gets vaccinated. Which is why it's so important that everyone gets the relevant jabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

holding wrote: »
    Popping in for a bit of a second trimester moan! Overall feeling much better than first trimester, but is anyone else getting bleeding gums? I looked it up and apparently it's common in pregnancy (YAY). Also am very out of breath half the time. OK rant over!

Yes, I'm noticing bleeding gums quite a bit. Haven't taken too much notice as I know it to be a common pregnancy side effect of increased blood levels.

I'm also getting a spotty chin - that to me is totally hormones.

My bump is really coming on over the last week or so. I'm meeting up with the gang next week, I haven't seen much of them lately, and I'm dying to show off my bump!

So many flutters and pulses lately too, which is lovely.

I'm also getting a spotty chin - that to me is totally hormones.

Yeah mine too, I'm waiting for my skin to clear up & look great! And I seem to be growing lots of hair :/ the last time the hair on my legs & bikini stopped growing, was great! Now it seems to be out of control!!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Am with you on the hair thing! Normally my hair (on my head) grows very fast, it's just out of control at the moment, long and bushy. I need a visit to the hairdresser!

Got some maternity PJs in Penneys yesterday - v. cheap if anyone is looking for something.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Am with you on the hair thing! Normally my hair (on my head) grows very fast, it's just out of control at the moment, long and bushy. I need a visit to the hairdresser!

Got some maternity PJs in Penneys yesterday - v. cheap if anyone is looking for something.

Which Penney's store was that in? They don't do any maternity in the Tralee store anymore. I was told its only the O'Connell Street store in Dublin that have maternity wear.

I asked about their other maternity wear in Henry St the other day, they only do underwear there now. Is that the same in every Penneys? I thought this store would have a full range, if there was any to be had.

olaola wrote: »
    I asked about their other maternity wear in Henry St the other day, they only do underwear there now. Is that the same in every Penneys? I thought this store would have a full range, if there was any to be had.

The Tralee store had maternity wear about 2 years ago (when I didn't need any!) and I'd say it wasn't there 6 months and they discontinued it. They don't have anything now. I can't see why their maternity range wouldn't have done well! Dunnes is another place that should do it too!

I got black jeans in Next last week and for €44 they are not worth it. Material isn't great after only 2 wears! I'd rather have bought a few cheap pairs in Penney's for that money! In fact I've Penney's skinny jeans that cost less than €20 and they have lasted better than more
    expensive jeans, so I wish I could get some maternity ones there!

I am hoping we can make a trip to Ikea soon, so then I can get into Dublin city and get a few more things. But I have a feeling it may not happen! :(

I got black jeans in Next last week and for €44 they are not worth it. Material isn't great after only 2 wears!

I got one pair of jeans in H&M (I think about €20) that I wore day in & day out, washed at night & wore again. They're still perfect for round two!
    TBH the Penneys stuff wasn't great, but I was hoping to get some summer tops & dresses for wearing with leggings cheaply. I think I'll just get stretchy stuff and hope it fits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yep I'm like a broken record on the subject but I wore 2 pairs of H&M jeans day in/day out for 5 months and they are still perfect.

Yep I'm like a broken record on the subject but I wore 2 pairs of H&M jeans day in/day out for 5 months and they are still perfect.

Mine looked & fitted great too, I was kinda sad to pack them away (I'm secretly looking forward to getting back into them!)

I was going to get a pair of H&M jeans, but they didn't seem to have my size in the ones I wanted. I tried on a pair that did fit, but I felt I would have trouble getting them on in a few months as they were a little snug!

The New look jeans are lovely, so I will head over to the Killarney store in a few weeks and see if I can get another pair in a different colour. I wear a lot of casual clothes for work, so I need to have a few things to keep me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

I was in H&M in limerick there at the w/e and couldn't believe selection so poor! It was ALL size 8s or size 18s in the skinny jeans & no leggings or anything :( I found one size 10 jeans I'd normally be a size 10 but I couldn't get them past the knees so will need at least 12. must have a look on line - but am afraid the 12 will be too tight too! I bought size 12 in next for €41 a little big but they will be fine in a few weeks.

DSN wrote: »
    I was in H&M in limerick there at the w/e and couldn't believe selection so poor! It was ALL size 8s or size 18s in the skinny jeans & no leggings or anything :( I found one size 10 jeans I'd normally be a size 10 but I couldn't get them past the knees so will need at least 12. must have a look on line - but am afraid the 12 will be too tight too! I bought size 12 in next for €41 a little big but they will be fine in a few weeks.

I found the same in H&M in Cork, they had none in my size! I found the 10, which is my normal size too, to be too tight and I also couldn't get them up my legs! The New Look jeans were way nicer than I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Def go up two sizes in the h and m jeans ladies! If you are a small 10, then a twelve might be ok, but the girl there said everyone comments that the sizes are off!

I don't htink teh leggings will be comign in until they stock the spring/ summer stuff. The selection everywhere in store is poor though.

My bump is massive! Only almost 19 weeks and feel as big now as I did well after 6 months on my first. Weirdly though my regular jeans are still fairly comfortable, when last time I had to be in maternity from early on because the buttons dug into my belly pretty painfully. Gained 2 pounds on my holiday lol! Don't know if it's the bump growing or all the ice cream I ate!

Def go up two sizes in the h and m jeans ladies! If you are a small 10, then a twelve might be ok, but the girl there said everyone comments that the sizes are off!

I don't htink teh leggings will be comign in until they stock the spring/ summer stuff. The selection everywhere in store is poor though.

My bump is massive! Only almost 19 weeks and feel as big now as I did well after 6 months on my first. Weirdly though my regular jeans are still fairly comfortable, when last time I had to be in maternity from early on because the buttons dug into my belly pretty painfully. Gained 2 pounds on my holiday lol! Don't know if it's the bump growing or all the ice cream I ate!

Coincidently Penneys have got back in a very small amount of maternity jeans! They are more like jeggings & it's the under the bump band, but they are a nice fit & the band actually comes up quite high so it was over my bump! They are in navy or black & are €15. They also have some leggings, maternity bras and camis upstairs as well as a few nighties. This was the Tralee store so I'm sure they will have in others & hopefully expand their range!

There are some nice stripe shirts in too which are quite oversized so I might get one of them at weekend. Nice to have some inexpensive choice!

My bump has popped more this week, in fact it feels bigger overnight! It's not annoying me to sleep, I'm sleeping pretty well! It was the crazy thunder, lightening & hailstones that woke me at 7am this morn!
    I'm Starting to notice the bump now when I am bending over etc!

• Advertisement

If I stand up straight and look down, I can only see my toes! It's not getting in the way too much, but def annoying me when sleeping.

I woke at 3 am quite a bit the last week. Had to nap when my son napped lol! Took me hours to go back asleep.

My boy woke at 3.30am, was in our bed tossing and turning for 2 hrs before I bit he bullet and got us up. Get lag in toddlers is a b***h!

Hopefully we all get back to normal tonight!

If I stand up straight and look down, I can only see my toes! It's not getting in the way too much, but def annoying me when sleeping.

I woke at 3 am quite a bit the last week. Had to nap when my son napped lol! Took me hours to go back asleep.

My boy woke at 3.30am, was in our bed tossing and turning for 2 hrs before I bit he bullet and got us up. Get lag in toddlers is a b***h!

Hopefully we all get back to normal tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Glad ye mentioned the size issue with the h and m jeans, I got a pair last week and was a bit distraught to have to get a size twenty.........I wore them Saturday and they are lovely but they need a bit more bump to hold em up properly, although the bump seems to be growing daily at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

I got a lovely pair of over the bump maternity jeans in New Look they are my regular size and fit perfectly!
    Just wondering..did you all get the flu jab? Ive been agonising over whether or not too get it as I've heard mixed opinions and I've actually never had the flu. Today I rang the Dominos office and my doctors and they both recommend that I get the jab so I've made an appointment for Thursday. Still not 100% comfortable with the idea as a lot of people have told me that you can actually end up sick from it and I can't afford to miss time off of work at the moment as we are up the walls busy!

I got a lovely pair of over the bump maternity jeans in New Look they are my regular size and fit perfectly!
    Just wondering..did you all get the flu jab? Ive been agonising over whether or not too get it as I've heard mixed opinions and I've actually never had the flu. Today I rang the Dominos office and my doctors and they both recommend that I get the jab so I've made an appointment for Thursday. Still not 100% comfortable with the idea as a lot of people have told me that you can actually end up sick from it and I can't afford to miss time off of work at the moment as we are up the walls busy!

I decided against it. I know its a bit controversial, but it doesn't sit well with me either so I don't really want to do it. I know many will say its a bad decision to make, but ultimately its mine! My GP will probably not be happy when I see him next week, but no one can force you to do it.

I decided against it. I know its a bit controversial, but it doesn't sit well with me either so I don't really want to do it. I know many will say its a bad decision to make, but ultimately its mine! My GP will probably not be happy when I see him next week, but no one can force you to do it.

I know what you mean I really am in 2 minds about it, I'm just so worried that I'll end up getting ill from it but then on the other hand if I dont opt for it and I did get the flu I know I'd feel so guilty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Have a read of this very recent post about the flu vaccine

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057558695

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

bovril wrote: »

Thanks bovril that's very helpful, I didn't realise that fever can be harmful to the baby but when you think about it it makes sense.

I'm so excited ladies, it looks like I'm going to get the homebirth that I want. Met my midwife yesterday and she is fabulous. Still have to do the paperwork etc, but so far it is all looking great. I'm travelling for the next month, but once I'm back then hoping to transfer my care from hospital/GP combined to private midwife. Really thrilled, was on such a high about it yesterday :D

I'm so excited ladies, it looks like I'm going to get the homebirth that I want. Met my midwife yesterday and she is fabulous. Still have to do the paperwork etc, but so far it is all looking great. I'm travelling for the next month, but once I'm back then hoping to transfer my care from hospital/GP combined to private midwife. Really thrilled, was on such a high about it yesterday :D

Ah, that's great, holding. So nice when peoples wishes can be accommodated.

For those of you who are feeling yer babies kicking - are ye feeling it below the belly button? For some reason I expected that the baby would be up higher by the time I felt it move, but its definitely still around my knicker line.

• Advertisement

I'm so jealous of all the kicking people feel. Sonographer said I wouldn't feel much this time around til later, as my placenta is at the front. Would like some reassuring kicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bingwhoosh

I just started feeling the kicks this week and they are just around the knicker line too.
    It's so reassuring to feel them.

I have booked to get flu jab today, I had no intention of getting it but everyone around me seems to be sick and I would never forgive myself if anything were to happen.

20 week scan on Monday morning so can't wait for that, I had my first scan at 10 weeks so it feels like forever since I seen the baby.

My 2 year old checks my bump every day with her toy stethescope, its so cute!

Yep teh kicking is around the knicker line, sometimes off to the side for my one! Weird pulses!

Little fella was up again at 5.30! He's 2 today, so in true toddler form had 2 meltdowns before nursery, one over not being allowed watch Mickey Mouse at 7am ( stupid me got him Mickey Mouse balloons!) and the second over not being able to play with his cake, which is in the shape of a fire truck!( he wasn't supposed to see it!)

I really can't wait til I've two to manage lol! At least I went asleep at 9 last night so got some decent kip before he woke!

Is anyone on their 3rd pregnancy? I can only remeber reading about 1st and 2nds.

Yep teh kicking is around the knicker line, sometimes off to the side for my one! Weird pulses!

Little fella was up again at 5.30! He's 2 today, so in true toddler form had 2 meltdowns before nursery, one over not being allowed watch Mickey Mouse at 7am ( stupid me got him Mickey Mouse balloons!) and the second over not being able to play with his cake, which is in the shape of a fire truck!( he wasn't supposed to see it!)

I really can't wait til I've two to manage lol! At least I went asleep at 9 last night so got some decent kip before he woke!

Is anyone on their 3rd pregnancy? I can only remeber reading about 1st and 2nds.

I'm so grateful that I've been feeling movements since the start of week 16 (very light and infrequent). For the last week or so, its been more definite and patterned (I'm 18+2 now).

I've only had any one scan, and have yet to heat its heartbeat, so the movements are definitely reassuring. That scan seems like it was sooo long ago.

I'm starting to get concerned now though, as the movements are always in the same place - directly beneath my belly button, at around my knicker line. I've read that they should be moving around quite a lot by now, but I always seem to be feeling mine in the same place.

Its so ridiculous, since the scan, all I've wanted is to feel the baby move, for reassurance. Now that I can, I'm worried about where it is when I feel it. Its going to be like this for the next 20 or so years, isn't it?!

First Midwives clinic on Friday morning, so hopefully they will put my mind at ease.

Happy birthday mini-dori-dormer!

I'm so grateful that I've been feeling movements since the start of week 16 (very light and infrequent). For the last week or so, its been more definite and patterned (I'm 18+2 now).

I've only had any one scan, and have yet to heat its heartbeat, so the movements are definitely reassuring. That scan seems like it was sooo long ago.

I'm starting to get concerned now though, as the movements are always in the same place - directly beneath my belly button, at around my knicker line. I've read that they should be moving around quite a lot by now, but I always seem to be feeling mine in the same place.

Its so ridiculous, since the scan, all I've wanted is to feel the baby move, for reassurance. Now that I can, I'm worried about where it is when I feel it. Its going to be like this for the next 20 or so years, isn't it?!

First Midwives clinic on Friday morning, so hopefully they will put my mind at ease.

Happy birthday mini-dori-dormer!

Don't get anxious at all thesonandmoon - women feel kicks at all different stages, and this really is early. Baby is still only the size of an onion. Sure I ate more than that for breakfast! The midwives clinic will reassure you.

I wouldn't be worrying thesunandmoon, I'm 19 + 2 on my 2nd and I only started to feel kicks this week and they are all in the same spot, so to be feeling them from 16 is great.

You will come out of the midwives clinic wondering what you were worrying about!!

A lot of posts are being duplicated, it's some sort of error on the boards.
    To avoid it happening, click on the 'post reply' button under the last message rather than using the quick reply box at the bottom of page. The quick reply seems to be the cause of the duplicate posts.

I don't feel the baby move every day, and when I do it's normally in the evening and after I've eaten something!

It's getting more regular, and I'm not as freaked out about it as I was!

• Advertisement

A lot of posts are being duplicated, it's some sort of error on the boards.
    To avoid it happening, click on the 'post reply' button under the last message rather than using the quick reply box at the bottom of page. The quick reply seems to be the cause of the duplicate posts.

OMG *thank* you that was driving me nuts.

Edit - as in I didn't know why it was happening. Although I only use quick reply and it doesn't seem to happen to me, unless I can't see it

Dammit! I tried to go the "Post Reply" route and it deleted my post.

Thanks everyone for your reassurance x

I'm feeling movements quite regularly at the moment. The come and go all day long while I'm sitting at my desk, particularly when im leaning forward typing. I also often feel them in bed in the morning before I get up. And sometimes on the couch in the evening

I'm feeling movements quite regularly at the moment. The come and go all day long while I'm sitting at my desk, particularly when im leaning forward typing. I also often feel them in bed in the morning before I get up. And sometimes on the couch in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

I've my next appointment in 10 days and I can't wait! It'll be nice to know if it's a boy or girl. I think it will help OH bond with the baby more.

It's my first and I defo have a bump and my boobs are massive now :D my Jeans are being held together by hair bobbles at the moment - need to invest this weekend in jeans and new bras!

No flutters yet (I'm 16+5) But the last time I only felt it at the start while I was driving, think the seat belt tight over my belly helped me notice it. Just a few twinges now and then. Muscles & ligaments loosening out. Anyone else getting 'stabby fanny pains' as we used to call them!!

olaola wrote: »
    No flutters yet (I'm 16+5) But the last time I only felt it at the start while I was driving, think the seat belt tight over my belly helped me notice it. Just a few twinges now and then. Muscles & ligaments loosening out. Anyone else getting 'stabby fanny pains' as we used to call them!!

Yes I'm getting stabby fanny pains and stretchy belly pains! I'm not feeling any movement yet and I'm 18 weeks today. I'm not too worried as I heard the babies heartbeat 2 weeks ago but it would be reassuring to feel some movement all the same.

Yes I'm getting stabby fanny pains and stretchy belly pains! I'm not feeling any movement yet and I'm 18 weeks today. I'm not too worried as I heard the babies heartbeat 2 weeks ago but it would be reassuring to feel some movement all the same.

Is that sometimes referred to as 'lightening crotch'? I remember hearing someone say it before! I don't think I've been getting it, but I am still getting a few ligament stretch pains. I can't believe I'm 19 weeks, its crazy!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

I think I feel a few flutters now & then (17 + 3) not sure though!! Have docs apt Monday hope she hears the heartbeat. Am also getting the Flu Jab then. I hadn't planned to at all but then my 2 kids got really sick one after the other - took them a week each to get over what seemed like the flu & half the school seem to be out with something or other so I decided to get it.

I mainly feel it when lying on the couch at night, but especially after I've eaten! It seems to like when I eat lol ;)

• Advertisement

The theory is that when you are moving about it rocks them to sleep and then when you are sitting or lying still this is when they are awake and start kicking.

You find this more as time goes on especially when you are trying to sleep at night!!

I rarely move from my desk between 9 and 10 or 2 and 3 and this is when I really feel the kicks.

Advertisement