Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Is mozzarella one of the foods not recommended to eat? I'm really in the ,one for it the past few days! So nice on some rivita with tomato! ☺️

Butting in from June thread. Mozzarella is perfectly fine. It's mainly cheeses that have been mould ripened that you have to avoid eg. Brie. Camembert etc... As my doc said most are fine just don't be going to your local farmers market and buying stuff that may not be pasteurized.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Butting in from June thread. Mozzarella is perfectly fine. It's mainly cheeses that have been mould ripened that you have to avoid eg. Brie. Camembert etc... As my doc said most are fine just don't be going to your local farmers market and buying stuff that may not be pasteurized.

Great! thanks for that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Is mozzarella one of the foods not recommended to eat? I'm really in the ,one for it the past few days! So nice on some rivita with tomato! ☺️

My missus thought mozzarella was banned so wouldn't eat pizza. Then she found out and its 3 pizzas a week ever since:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Had my scan and everything with the baby is fine. Didn't find out the sex though as baby had cord In between its legs and doc didn't wanna say if it was a boy or girl as she couldn't see great.

Is it really wrong to be really upset about this? I know in the greater scale of things it's not important. Just I'm going back to Ireland next week and wanted to buy most of the babies clothes etc at home as it's cheaper and it would have been nice to be able to tell family. And it would have been nice to borrow some hand me downs from my niece if possible as we probably won't get any presents as we are abroad. :(
    The doc said we could have quick scan in 4 weeks time to tell the gender but it's just bothering me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Awh glad everythign is ok tho! I know it's expensive but could you book a private gender scan in ireland when you arrive? How long did your doc spend with you? We got a full 45 min while she check everythign and she made me jump around loads to make the baby move etc.

Feck sake! I decided to not take the tablets today because i promised the doc id try and come off them.
    I just vomited. I'm 21 weeks on thurs. This is ridiculous. ......

Awh glad everythign is ok tho! I know it's expensive but could you book a private gender scan in ireland when you arrive? How long did your doc spend with you? We got a full 45 min while she check everythign and she made me jump around loads to make the baby move etc.

Dori thanks, the scan wasn't that long :( but I do get another scan (at my request to find gender!) in 4 weeks time so I'll know then! I think I'm just gonna take a bag of my nieces clothes anyways, it won't do any harm and I've a generous baggage allowance!

Hope you are feeling better, sucks about the sickness...

You could Always pick up some nice neutral stuff too. Vests in creams and yellows etc. boots always do gorgeous gender neutral stuff aswell. I found tesco stuff good quality, dunnes not so much. When my boy was born he went straight into a rainbow onesie!

To make my day worse, I loaded up the car ready for a trip to blanch to buy another pair of maternity jeans and have a browse to make myself feel better and the fecking car wouldn't start! Battery is dead even tho I drove it yesterday and it turned on for my husband this morning! Also buggy is now permanently locked in the boot so can't even get a walk in! It's just one of those crappy days.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

@dori_dormer
    Sorry to hear you were sick again :( How are you feeling now? Did you get your car sorted!?

I keep almost vomiting when I burp after eating! I can't quite burp and without being gross, I actually am nearly sick in my mouth! Has anyone else experienced this? I don't feel sick, but just feel like my food is coming back up!

My ribs feel sore too just under my breast bone. The bump seems to have really risen upwards, so it feels like its pushing into my ribs. My belly button is really hard now too, still inwards, but I'd say it will push out soon! I have a scar in my belly button from when I had a laparoscopy done about 4 years ago and its really obvious now, whereas before it was hidden into my belly button, but is pushing out now!

ciarrai that would happen to me if I ate too much or it was spicy, or ate too fast. I think my body is just easily triggered to puke! tablets worked fast this time so think it's easing off. Last time I was in bits for 48hrs. I'll test again in 2 weeks.

Have to get a new battery for my car. So annoyed! Think it's warmer outside than in my mothers house during the day!

• Advertisement

ciarrai that would happen to me if I ate too much or it was spicy, or ate too fast. I think my body is just easily triggered to puke! tablets worked fast this time so think it's easing off. Last time I was in bits for 48hrs. I'll test again in 2 weeks.

Have to get a new battery for my car. So annoyed! Think it's warmer outside than in my mothers house during the day!

I eat too fast...and my portions are still too big! So that makes sense! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Ciarrai sounds like reflux maybe?

Looking on ASOS and drooling over the lovely maternity wear they have! I wish I could afford to buy everything on my 'saved' list! lol Trying to get ideas of things to wear and how to wear them so I don't get bored and sick of wearing the same things all the times. It will be great when the weather improves and be able to wear things other than big jumpers!

I had a look in Next yesterday and its so boring! Same things there as have been there since I first looked in October! Need to take a trip to New Look again soon.

Ciarrai sounds like reflux maybe?

Yes that's what I was thinking! Is there any 'cure' for it or just don't eat too fast or too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Yes that's what I was thinking! Is there any 'cure' for it or just don't eat too fast or too much?

Little and often in terms of meals. If you find it gets worse when you lie down, extra pillows under your head. Figure out if you have triggers, i.e. fry-ups set mine off. Gaviscon or Rennies (my own particular saviour!) if it gets too much. Mine got worse as I went along, I started out taking one Rennie tablet before bedtime as I found it much worse then. Towards the end, I could go through 6 or 7 a day! I have a cousin who used Gaviscon & ended up going to the doctor to be prescribed something stronger because she was taking 10-15 tablets a day!

Little and often in terms of meals. If you find it gets worse when you lie down, extra pillows under your head. Figure out if you have triggers, i.e. fry-ups set mine off. Gaviscon or Rennies (my own particular saviour!) if it gets too much. Mine got worse as I went along, I started out taking one Rennie tablet before bedtime as I found it much worse then. Towards the end, I could go through 6 or 7 a day! I have a cousin who used Gaviscon & ended up going to the doctor to be prescribed something stronger because she was taking 10-15 tablets a day!

Its seems to happen after I eat a dinner and in particular when I'm lying down on the couch, so now I know why! Its not too bad, just noticing it more lately. I've never had to take Rennie or Gaviscon, so hoping I won't need to!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Ciarrai I have very bad heartburn in pregnancy - it could be that - I lived on Gaviscon in my last pregnancy, and I'm just starting that phase again now. At least Gaviscon provides a bit of relief, for me anyway.

holding wrote: »
    Ciarrai I have very bad heartburn in pregnancy - it could be that - I lived on Gaviscon in my last pregnancy, and I'm just starting that phase again now. At least Gaviscon provides a bit of relief, for me anyway.

Ive no heartburn really, nothing that I need to take anything for. It's only if I eat a meal that it feel like it's not going down properly. It's grand, thankfully nothing major!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Teeley

I'm not a frequent poster but do keep tabs on the thread!..great to hear that no one seems to be having any serious++ issues!!
    We had our 21 week scan yesterday. All went well!..loads of movement and acrobatics which was very reassuring as my placenta is anterior so kicks aren't easy to detect! I've definitely felt a few flutters recently but was half reluctant to believe they were baby movements until I'd had my big scan..bit crazy!!
    Has anyone started gathering baby essentials?! I inherited a buggy and few other bits. Plan to go car seat shopping tomorrow but it's mind boggling!!..hoping shop staff can advise us.

• Advertisement

This is the first and only thing I've bought for number two!
    http://https://www.welovefrugi.com/new/view_all_baby_toddler/view_all/swoop_babygrow_aqua_big_breton_boat.htm

It's so cute I'm going to get the blue as well as the yellow when it goes on sale.
    We found tony kealys great for car seats and buggy info. Went to euro baby last time also but wasn't confident they knew what they were talking about. There's an extended rear facing facebook group that are very knowledgeable about car seats also even at the infant stage.

I'm gonna get a ring sling for this baby and put my son in the buggy so I don't have to get a double that he may not use after a month.

Pretty much everythign we have can be reused thankfully. Only need a new play mat and monitor.

I've got quite a few bits and heading home next week so I plan to get the bulk of it. So far I've got bouncer and changing table (both second hand). We bought some unisex vests the last day and two outfits. That's all the newborn stuff I plan to get really, I know mums bought us a few sleep suits. Everything else will be 0-3 months.

Our friends gave us a £100 voucher so I've ordered stuff off amazon as well to be delivered when I'm at home.

Being far away, it's meh as I can't really get any hand me downs so it sucks. Baby things are really expensive here and there isn't any tesco etc to pick up little bits in.

I haven't bought a thing yet. I do have a moses basket though, which belonged to me when I was born!! My mom still has it, so its great to still be able to use it!

We might wait another few weeks before buying anything. I am tempted to start getting clothes, but I will hang on another while.

Its 4am and I've been awake all night. I have the worst tooth ache infection. Don't know how I'm going to get toa dentist or what is safe. Paracetamol has done nothing. I'm going crazy here and feel like ripping half my face off would be less painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Bump is definitely here!! And I'm feeling movements, it kind of bypassed flutters (maybe I just didn't notice them) straight to more definite feeling. Just home last night from a fab trip to Sweden & Germany. The little fella LOVED all the trains & planes. I would get a but tired schlepping around after a while. But a stop for a coffee and cake usually set me right :)
    Looking at the pics now, I just look fat and lumpy. Not pregnant. UGH! Still in my regular jeans though, the bump is very high up.

dan185 wrote: »
    My missus thought mozzarella was banned so wouldn't eat pizza. Then she found out and its 3 pizzas a week ever since:-)

Just as an aside, you can eat any cheese (pasteurised or not) as long as it's cooked thoroughly. NHS website is great for any info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

olaola wrote: »
    Just as an aside, you can eat any cheese (pasteurised or not) as long as it's cooked thoroughly. NHS website is great for any info!

Yes, which is a great excuse for baked camembert and other delicious hot smelly gooey cheeses!

Same goes for shellfish - cook it up and eat away! Which is great because I'm spending the weekend in the Burren and plan to eat my weight in seafood!

Bubba totally moved yesterday. Up until then, all the movements Ive been feeling were below my belly button, but last night, the kicks were, Id say, half way between my belly button and my ribs. My husband thought it was getting into position for birth, but I reckon itll be doing a lot more dancing about and moving position between now and then.
    Still exciting to feel such big changes.

He reckons my bump has moved up too, I don't see it though.

Its 4am and I've been awake all night. I have the worst tooth ache infection. Don't know how I'm going to get toa dentist or what is safe. Paracetamol has done nothing. I'm going crazy here and feel like ripping half my face off would be less painful.

Poor you dori_dormer - you've been having such a tough time of it lately.

Husband took the day off and I got to a dentist! Yay! Aparently one of my wisdom teeth was rotten. He pulled it so hopefully that's it. Phew! Was terrified of an infection and antibiotics again. He says I have a couple of other issues going on but he can't tell for sure and doesn't want to give me an X-ray. But they'll keep until the summer he says. I've to go back next week for him to fix a chipped tooth. Can't believe how my teeth have gone to crap this pregnancy! Was fine last time round. Probably all the vomiting! Everythign just seems more intense this pregnancy. I was relaly enjoying myself at this stage last time. Feels like I'm just hoping to get to the end of this one and surviving!
    Also went to h&m and bought another pair of jeans. A whole size smaller than the ones in Germany!
    And baby seems to have found my bladder and is using it as a trampoline! Kicks are really solid now too. Must get my hubby to check if he can feel them again.

I need to go to the dentist too! I have to get a filling fixed, which I've known about since about August but keep putting it off! I better get around to it soon!

I need to go to the dentist too! I have to get a filling fixed, which I've known about since about August but keep putting it off! I better get around to it soon!

Oh do! It can get so bad so quick! Best to get on top of it. I should have gone for a check up before xmas but was too lazy. Second trimester is the best time to do it apparently

• Advertisement

Oh do! It can get so bad so quick! Best to get on top of it. I should have gone for a check up before xmas but was too lazy. Second trimester is the best time to do it apparently

Yeah, I didn't want to do anything in the first trimester as I wasn't sure about the injection etc. I am not a fan of going to the dentist, so it was a good excuse! lol
    Need to save up though, its at least €70 to get a filling here, not covered anymore, very annoying. :mad:

GAH!! I thought I was 20 weeks today, I'm only 19. Was relishing in the halfway mark. Jeepers, I feel like I've been preggers for AGES.

I'm totally with you olaola. I was 20 weeks on Monday. Husband was all excited about the half way mark. I feel a bit: really, only half way? And the first 5-6 weeks didn't even count (2 of those I wasn't even pregnant)! And I could easily end up being pregnant for 42 weeks. Come on already...

Like, its amazing all that's happened from one tiny cell, to the little banana sized bubba that's bouncing around inside me now, kicking and dancing away. But still!

My nose is stuffy all the time lately and now when I blow it, it's bloody. I'm not getting nose bleeds, (which I used to be prone to), but it's just like I've to blow my nose so much it's now getting sore and the capillaries are weakened. I don't have a cold, just this stuffiness, which is worse in the morning. Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

My nose is stuffy all the time lately and now when I blow it, it's bloody. I'm not getting nose bleeds, (which I used to be prone to), but it's just like I've to blow my nose so much it's now getting sore and the capillaries are weakened. I don't have a cold, just this stuffiness, which is worse in the morning. Anyone else the same?

Yep I'm the same with a stuffy nose. I've had a few nose bleeds but my nose is quite sore now from all the blowing. Part and parcel of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Teeley

Cerocco wrote: »
    Yep I'm the same with a stuffy nose. I've had a few nose bleeds but my nose is quite sore now from all the blowing. Part and parcel of it all

Same here..I've had it for weeks especially first thing in the morning. Funnily enough this week it's kinda eased off.
    My bump is progressing nicely! Although I'm not sure it looks like a pregnancy bump yet..maybe more like a Christmas dinner bump! Can't wait for it to get bigger!!

Cerocco wrote: »

Yeah I did read somewhere that a stuffy nose can be a side affect of pregnancy. My nose is all sore too!

Yep I've had the stuffy nose for a long time now too! Usually have a good clear out in the mornign lol and I've got clotted blood in it. Only had 2 actual nose bleeds though. Was 21 weeks yesterday and it does seem to have eased off a bit. Didn't have it at all last time.

Baby was doing some sort of somersaults just now and I could actually see my tummy moving! Called my husband downstairs, but it stopped when he got here! lol

Yep, I'm a manky snot factory with blood stained tissues every 5 mins. I think I'll try some saline nose sprays. I'm totally stuffed in the morning. Like SOLID with snot. Sorry... TMI!

• Advertisement

olaola wrote: »
    Yep, I'm a manky snot factory with blood stained tissues every 5 mins. I think I'll try some saline nose sprays. I'm totally stuffed in the morning. Like SOLID with snot. Sorry... TMI!

At least its not just me then! I might need a nose spray too, must have a look in town tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Hi new poster but have been following. I am due on the 21st of July we found out we are having a little girl last week at a gender scan. Exciting times

Went to town today to meet a friend for a coffee, and ended up home after an hour because I felt like I was going to faint! I was feeling a bit short of breath when I got to town, but after about half an hour I started feeling really hot and a bit nauseous, so went to loo and I thought I was going to faint. I had to sit on loo for a few minutes until I felt better. I don't know what happened. My friend has 2 kids, so assured me its nothing to be worrying about, but she did drive me home thankfully.
    I've been lying on couch since and feeling a lot better. I'm a bit p*ssed off cos I was looking forward to catching up and having a chat.

Awh that's sucks ciarrai. I got gaviscon for my heart burn and it made me puke! Think I'll be suffering for the next 20 weeks :(

Awh that's sucks ciarrai. I got gaviscon for my heart burn and it made me puke! Think I'll be suffering for the next 20 weeks :(

I am going to hold off on the gaviscon etc unless the heartburn is more frequent. It's not even daily at the moment so I'm ok.

Don't know why I felt so faint yesterday. I know my blood pressure is a little low, but it's not unusual for me anyway. Maybe that's one reason. I think I need to let myself rest more too. I am not one to sit still for long, I am always doing something, so I think I need to take things a bit easier.

Lots of movement with baby though, which is good! I saw my tummy move from its movements Friday night, it was mad! Lol
    We will have our first antenatal class on Wednesday! Almost 22 weeks now, it's crazy!

Ah sorry to hear about the heartburn ladies!

I'm nearly 19 weeks, so excited to be nearly half way. Can't wait to see my wee niece on Wednesday when I get home. She's been cleaning out her toy box and put some toys away 'for T baby'.. She's such a cutie. Mums got out some of the wee bits as well that she had when my niece was born so she's washed them all ready for me

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Ah the heartburn is awful!

Im 19 weeks and so excited to be almost 20. We know we are having a little girl as I paid for a gender scan at 16 weeks on valentines weekend. I have bought a few little baby bits in next and I am trying to decide on a name. I am getting a bit nervous about the 20 week scan on the 8th of March but I am always nervous before a scan, I havent felt any movement yet but I think its because my placenta is anterior.

Ah yes names! Anyone got any good boy names? We only had eli and Sean on our list last time. Not keen on Sean now. So tentatively have Oscar and Rory. I prefer ruairi with fadas but hubby thinks it's too irish and kinda clashes with eli? Ah boys names are so hard!

Ah yes names! Anyone got any good boy names? We only had eli and Sean on our list last time. Not keen on Sean now. So tentatively have Oscar and Rory. I prefer ruairi with fadas but hubby thinks it's too irish and kinda clashes with eli? Ah boys names are so hard!

Oscar is on my husbands list! I'm not so sure about it, I like it but not enough! I can't think of names at all, I've a few girls, but boys I can't seem to find any I really like.

• Advertisement

Yep had a list of about 10 girl names last time and only 2 boys. Boys is way harder!

Advertisement