Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

We have one girl's name picked and zero boy names - we can't find a boy name we both agree on. It was the same last time - we had one boy name we both liked, and we used it! Really hoping it's a girl this time from the name POV. Must book a scan as dying to find out the gender, am just so wrecked all the time I keep putting it off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Feel like my bump is getting huge! I know I'm 22 weeks, but I really do feel big (even my mom thinks so...not sure whether to be upset or not lol). This is my first baby, so I don't know what to expect. I have a feeling this baby will be big! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

I can't really lie on my belly any more when sleeping but find my hips get really sore from lying on my side. Any tips on what to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Cerocco wrote: »
    I can't really lie on my belly any more when sleeping but find my hips get really sore from lying on my side. Any tips on what to do?

Put a pillow between your legs when lying on your side.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Does anyone know where I could get a maternity swimsuit? I haven't been swimming since October, and was hoping to go back to it to get a bit more exercise. I don't think my normal swimsuit will cut it now!
    Or would I get away with a bigger size in normal swimsuits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could get a maternity swimsuit? I haven't been swimming since October, and was hoping to go back to it to get a bit more exercise. I don't think my normal swimsuit will cut it now!
    Or would I get away with a bigger size in normal swimsuits?

You would swear I am on commission from this crowd but im not, mores the pity!

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pp+maternity+-swimwear

Nice swim wear though (I have seen it in their Cork store) and they hae free delivery in Ireland. Depends on how you feel about buying online though.

Dunnes have cheap swim suits and I find them fine, so you could always try picking one of their suits up in a bigger size. You should get on for less than €10 iirc.

Need to pick up one myself shortly, my normal one is snug at this stage!

brokensoul wrote: »
    You would swear I am on commission from this crowd but im not, mores the pity!

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pp+maternity+-swimwear

Nice swim wear though (I have seen it in their Cork store) and they hae free delivery in Ireland. Depends on how you feel about buying online though.

Dunnes have cheap swim suits and I find them fine, so you could always try picking one of their suits up in a bigger size. You should get on for less than €10 iirc.

Need to pick up one myself shortly, my normal one is snug at this stage!

I don't really want to spend too much on one, so maybe getting a size bigger than my usual would be better. Knowing me I won't last long going swimming! My plans of exercising aren't going the way I had hoped! I went for a walk last week & was so out of breath after it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    Does anyone know where I could get a maternity swimsuit? I haven't been swimming since October, and was hoping to go back to it to get a bit more exercise. I don't think my normal swimsuit will cut it now! Or would I get away with a bigger size in normal swimsuits?

I got one in elvery's on my last pregnancy. Think it was around 40e too if I remember. It's probably on their website. Not sure of the likes of Dunnes or m&s etc for specific maternity ones. I swim a lot so a normal one in a bigger size doesn't work for me as the time goes on. You could definitely try it out though if you don't think you'll use a maternity one a lot. I'm still in my normal one but need to switch v soon.

I have a tankini and shorts set from Penneys that is a bigger from when I was fatter, that still fit me fine when pregnant, the last time I wore it I was about 34 weeks and there was still give in it. I did have a small bump though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I sized up in Speedo Endurance swimsuits until 35 weeks - started in a 32/34 and was in a 38 up to 35 weeks, I grabbed a cheap Slazenger maternity one in Sports Direct at that stage and that's what I'm wearing these days (37+3).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

We had our scan yesterday. The baby is a perfect little boy. Swoooon! We are so thrilled!

At the moment its breech, but I'm not worried about that at this stage - plenty of time, and space, for turning yet.
    My placenta is also low. Again, I'm not too bothered just yet. The sonographer said 95% of the time they will move up. But if it doesn't I will have to have a C-section. Id prefer a vaginal birth, but to be honest, so long as the baby is healthy (which all signs indicate it is), I don't mind how he comes out, so long as its as stress-free for him as possible.

(I said HIM - eeeek!!!!)

Ciarrai I thoroughly recommend the JoJoMamanBebe swimsuits - I think I spent around 20e on one in my last pregnancy and the comfort of the cut was unbelieveable, made such a huge difference to me putting it on and using it!

In terms of general exercise (of which I usually do none of!!) I bought a fitbit the other week and have found myself walking up a storm. Feel so much better and fitter.

Delighted for you sonandmoon!!

We went to our first antenatal class this morning. It was mainly just some info, most of which wasn't new to me at this stage! There are a few more classes, which I'll go to in May.

I've been exhausted today. I did some housework, but ended up on the couch most of afternoon and fell asleep! I don't know what's wrong with me today! I am going to get my GP to check my iron when I'm in next in a couple of weeks as I feel so tired all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Just back from the doctor and I have a UTI which makes trying to teach five classes of teenagers a day a joy!
    I am finding it so difficult to choose a girls name I like Orla, Clodagh and Aideen? Himself loves Penelope.
    Aw a little boy that is amazing news! I love the scans.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Great news on all the scans ladies! I'm back in Ireland, mum bought me the aldi Moses basket and lots of baby wipes :) Fitted already into my suitcase that I have - delighted!

MIL bought us some newborn sleep suits as well which is lovely of her!

Loving being back at the moment, just wish it wasn't as cold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Oh my god I'm only home a week and today is the first day we made it to the playground. Miserable weather isn't it?

My hubby finally managed to feel the baby kick last night! 22 weeks today. Think it was earlier last time but this guy is a real mover and doesn't kick in the same place twice! He was so excited.

Must get looking at a few more baby bits. The next few months are gonna fly by! Hopefully anyway cos I feel like I've been pregnant for a year!

I'm going to start buying some bits in the next few weeks. I need to get a hospital bag, so I'll start getting a few vests etc in Penney's and grandually get nappies etc. My mom was saying to maybe get a small bag together from about 6 months just in case, and as I'm 5 1/2 months now I think I'll start doing that soon!

I had a quick look in Penney's today at the little vests and babygrows. So cute and great value! no point spending much on those things, especially at the start. I can't wait to start buying them!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

I have my scan on Monday, I'll be 22 weeks by then, can't wait to see the baby again and hopefully find out what we are having! Once the scan is over I'm going to start getting a few bits and pieces every week in the shopping, nappies and sudocreme etc. It's all starting to feel very real now!!
    Has anyone else gotten spots? My only side effect of pregnancy so far is teenage skin, really annoying but things could be worse I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

I have my scan on Monday, I'll be 22 weeks by then, can't wait to see the baby again and hopefully find out what we are having! Once the scan is over I'm going to start getting a few bits and pieces every week in the shopping, nappies and sudocreme etc. It's all starting to feel very real now!!
    Has anyone else gotten spots? My only side effect of pregnancy so far is teenage skin, really annoying but things could be worse I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭FURET

ciara007 wrote: »
    Just back from the doctor and I have a UTI which makes trying to teach five classes of teenagers a day a joy!
    I am finding it so difficult to choose a girls name I like Orla, Clodagh and Aideen? Himself loves Penelope.
    Aw a little boy that is amazing news! I love the scans.

I also wanted Penelope if we were to have a girl (it's a boy). But we decided against it as my surname is quote long and the combination wasn't so good when I considered likely shortened forms (Penny, Poppy, neither of which I like). It's a great name in full though, especially if your surname is on the short side!

• Advertisement

Found out today that my aunt up the country sent down a load of baby things for us! There's nappies and baby-grows etc. That will save us getting stuff for a while! So helpful and thoughtful :)

Popping in for a quick rant. Feel so uncomfortable lately! Bump feels heavy and I feel like a whale, even though I'm only 21 weeks yet. Turning over in bed is a production. Alright rant over!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mum's and Mum's to be!! Looking forward to celebrating it myself this time next year :)

Happy Mothers Day everyone!

I don't want to jinx it, but I think my energy levels are improving, finally!! I haven't felt as tired in the past couple of days as I usually do. I'm tired this evening, but not as bad during the day as I had been. I have been waiting to start feeling a bit more energy, and I hope this is it!

I can't believe next week I'll be 6 months! Its Crazy!!!

What's the story with how much weight is advised to have put on by now? I weighed myself yesterday and I'm 11stone (so scary to see! lol). I was about 9 1/2 stone when I got pregnant, so am I on track? I am afraid I've put on too much too soon! I know a lot of it is baby etc.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I don't want to jinx it, but I think my energy levels are improving, finally!! I haven't felt as tired in the past couple of days as I usually do. I'm tired this evening, but not as bad during the day as I had been. I have been waiting to start feeling a bit more energy, and I hope this is it!

I can't believe next week I'll be 6 months! Its Crazy!!!

What's the story with how much weight is advised to have put on by now? I weighed myself yesterday and I'm 11stone (so scary to see! lol). I was about 9 1/2 stone when I got pregnant, so am I on track? I am afraid I've put on too much too soon! I know a lot of it is baby etc.

Sounds about right imo, my friend is 30 weeks and has put on just over a stone and was told she hasn't put on enough! She's quite tall. I was just over 10 stone when I got pregnant and was over 13 stone when he was born...about two stone of that was quite bad swelling which was gone within a week. It depends so much on your build and how your diet/fitness is with all the possible sickness/tiredness/cravings etc!

Sounds about right imo, my friend is 30 weeks and has put on just over a stone and was told she hasn't put on enough! She's quite tall. I was just over 10 stone when I got pregnant and was over 13 stone when he was born...about two stone of that was quite bad swelling which was gone within a week. It depends so much on your build and how your diet/fitness is with all the possible sickness/tiredness/cravings etc!

I haven't really been eating that differently to before, probably better as I eat more regularly than I used to (I used to skip meals a lot). I eat a lot of fruit & veg. I do have a sweet tooth, but no change there! But no cravings! I'm 5'4 & naturally slim framed, and it has t changed really. I don't feel like I've put weight on, so it must be the bump & baby! I do want to get a bit more exercise in & with hopefully some of my energy coming back I might actually feel like doing more!

Anyone else got itchy skin, especially on the belly? Driving me crazy, especially in the evenings! Stretch mark oil is helping a good bit though.

I wouldn't give your weight a second thought Ciarrai, as spotty bananas said, you don't know how much fluid you'll retain at any given point, or how big the baby is etc etc. Our bodies all react in different ways. Last time at 37 weeks I had *elephant* feet from the fluid (they went down soon after the birth).

holding wrote: »
    Anyone else got itchy skin, especially on the belly? Driving me crazy, especially in the evenings! Stretch mark oil is helping a good bit though.

I get itchy skin - on my boobs and belly, mostly in the evening, and its usually relieved by changing into something comfy like my pjs, and a good rub of stretch mark cream. I keep expecting to find stretch marks, as itchiness is a sign they are developing, but none have appeared yet, thank god.

My major irritation at the moment is that I have a sore pubic bone. It flares up when I stand up, after sitting down for a while. Or if I stand on one leg, and then rebalance myself on 2 legs.

I'm really hoping it is my hips stretching out, and not SPD

• Advertisement

No sign of stretch marks for me either, thankfully! I am a little itchy too, but not too bad. My maternity jeans are cracking me up, all of them just seem to keep slipping! I am used to wearing belts, but that's not an option so I'm tugging at my jeans all the time! I think my boobs are starting to get a little bigger as the bras are a bit tight now! I won't go getting any new bras just yet though as its too early to be measured for maternity/nursing bras.

We've been trying to get our head around a budget for baby stuff, with the intention of starting to pick stuff up soon.
    I'm considering getting a pram/buggy on done deal/adverts, and then getting a new Maxi Cosi car seat - so whatever buggy we get will have to be compatible with the Maxi Cosi.

I'm still humming and hawing about a co-sleeper. I still don't really get why you have to get a crib and a cot - what's wrong with using cots for new-borns? I want to get a cot that, either you can lower a side to put a sleeping baby into, or can raise the base for when its quite small. I hate the fear of waking babies when you are putting them down, and am quite short so it can be tricky for me to reach over to the base of a low cot. But I know when hes older, and can stand up, i'll want a cot that he cant climb out over.

We have a Moses basket, which Id say I will keep downstairs for daytime sleeps, and a running buggy, but that's for older babies.

I'm also questioning whether I really need a changing unit. Can I not just put a changing mat on top of a chest of drawers, that will have all the baby's clean clothes etc in anyway?

I also think I would like a sling. I think you can rent them though, which might be a good idea, to see which style suits us and him.

Obviously, there are loads of bit like clothes and hygiene/medical supplies that Ill need, but what are the other big ticket items I need to budget for?

Tomorrow 4 months is my EDD, so still plenty of time, but I like to sort these things out in my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

I still don't really get why you have to get a crib and a cot - what's wrong with using cots for new-borns?

There is nothing at all wrong with a cot for newborns. You can use a cot from the start and most cots have 2-3 levels that you can set the mattress at. Most parents have the baby sleeping in their room from the start and sometimes there might not be room for a cot.

There is a sling library and they usually have monthly meetups so you can go along and learn the different types and how you'd wear them and pick one that suits your needs. It's best to do this. Some people love baby wearing and some people don't. Slings/Carriers are expensive so best to try them out first. You can go to the meets while you are pregnant too. Have a look for the groups on facebook.

Some changing units are drawers with mattresses on them. The difference though is there is a lip so the mattress does not slide off. A changing unit is not a necessity at all. I got a cheap one in IKEA as I sometimes suffer with my back and it definitely helps. I also had a C Section with my first baby so I found it most comfortable to use the changing unit.

We've been trying to get our head around a budget for baby stuff, with the intention of starting to pick stuff up soon.
    I'm considering getting a pram/buggy on done deal/adverts, and then getting a new Maxi Cosi car seat - so whatever buggy we get will have to be compatible with the Maxi Cosi.

I'm still humming and hawing about a co-sleeper. I still don't really get why you have to get a crib and a cot - what's wrong with using cots for new-borns? I want to get a cot that, either you can lower a side to put a sleeping baby into, or can raise the base for when its quite small. I hate the fear of waking babies when you are putting them down, and am quite short so it can be tricky for me to reach over to the base of a low cot. But I know when hes older, and can stand up, i'll want a cot that he cant climb out over.

We have a Moses basket, which Id say I will keep downstairs for daytime sleeps, and a running buggy, but that's for older babies.

I'm also questioning whether I really need a changing unit. Can I not just put a changing mat on top of a chest of drawers, that will have all the baby's clean clothes etc in anyway?

I also think I would like a sling. I think you can rent them though, which might be a good idea, to see which style suits us and him.

Obviously, there are loads of bit like clothes and hygiene/medical supplies that Ill need, but what are the other big ticket items I need to budget for?

Tomorrow 4 months is my EDD, so still plenty of time, but I like to sort these things out in my head

Der don't think you need a crib and a cot. We had a Moses basket for the first few weeks (loan from friend) and then he went to the cot. You can get ones that convert to a toddler bed too so that could take you from 0-3 /4 yrs old. We got a co- sleeper a friend was selling cheap when my boy was around 7 mths old as he was still waking 5 times a night. Going to definitly use it this time round and if he turns out to be a good sleeper or I can't breastfeed he'll go to the cot.

Think you can get adapters for most car seats to go in most travel systems. Think ours was a besafe Isi plus, and it came with adapters for our uppababy vista.

Def visit one or two sling meets if you can. There are so manny options especially when baby is young. Others will model them for you lol. Then you could arrange to rent your favourites for after your baby is born. There's some great cheap changing tables in ikea. Changing tables usually have a wider top and a lip than a chest of drawers ( for an extortionate price mind you!) but are safer when baby starts rolling around on you! My mother in law said she just changes on her knee or on the sofa! Eh I was not changing a poopy nappy on the sofa lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I'm sticking my nose in from the June thread, hope you don't mind:) Some people feel that the baby might feel a little "lost" in a cot. The thinking behind this is that they've lived in quite cramped quarters inside you for a while and so the cot would seem enormous to them and it can be upsetting.
    If you swaddle then that shouldn't be an issue I'd have thought.

I did have a Moses basket for my baby and will use it again for this one. It was one that my mother slept in when she was a baby believe it or not!. Granny had it rewoven for her when she had us and she did the same for my oldest sister and now we're all using it for our babies.
    Its a great one because its way bigger than the newer ones and the baby can stay in it for way longer.
    We got a cot that will do as a cot bed for our little girl. She is 18 months old now and I'll be moving her into the bed aspect of this come her 2nd birthday.
    I bought a chest of drawers that was also a changing unit for her bedroom too. I needed somewhere for her clothes anyway and so decided to kill two birds with one stone there. For me I'd never have been without the unit. People's preferences are different though.

You can get lots of decent stuff second hand or if you prefer new you can get it without spending a fortune too if you vist the likes of IKEA etc.

Managed to catch another cold, and again from my husband! How kind of him��
    I'm not too bad though, just stuffed up and sniffly. Would love to be in bed though & not working!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭olaola

Had my first routine appt with the Domino midwives today. Arrived early for my 2.30 appt, they took me in & I was out by 2.31! BOOM! All is going well, we were away in the snow for a long weekend. Didn't ski, as bump is getting bigger, but brought the wee man around in a sled. So got plenty of exercise hauling him up and down mountains!
    Bump is coming along nicely, it completely disappeared last Thursday! After a dream I was going into labour. Freaked me out a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Hi all, I'm just farting about my house at home ATM.

My mum said to me she didn't think I'd have a bump and I'm really big at this stage - it's making me a wee bit paranoid.. every other pic of people at 21 weeks is very similar to myself!

Gonna skip the Moses basket this time, they're just a bit too creaky and a bit wobbly! Going straight to the cot and/or in the bed with me.

Today and yesterday, I started seeing the baby's movements. I sent a video of it to my hubby this morning. He definitely wasn't as excited about it as I was. I thought he would be, because he hasn't felt it move much. I'm starting to realise that all of this is far more all-consuming for me than it is for hubs - he's excited and all, but not in the same way as I am.

Anyway, I think it looks cool, and am very excited by it, and will continue to gaze wonderously at my ever-growing belly as it randomly pulses and moves.

I'm talking to the baby a lot now too. I think its because I know the sex, so I can picture him and his personality more. I spend a lot of time in my car introducing him to the good songs, and then roaring them out at the top of my lungs for him (proper embarrassing mom style!)

I'm 23 weeks and I think my bump is huge! People are saying I'm very neat probably cos I've not gained any other weight, but I'm def bigger than on no.1!

I can't believe you dragged around a sled! I can barely push a buggy for 20 min without wrecking myself!

Got about 4 appointments in the post from the coombe. All on different random days and times. Very annoying but hoping they'll fix it at the first appointment. Last time it was always a mornign appointment on a Thursday or soemthing.

Anyone else's nose really sensitive? Got a whiff of some cleaning cloths last night and brought up my dinner! So annoying!

• Advertisement

Hi all, I'm just farting about my house at home ATM.

My mum said to me she didn't think I'd have a bump and I'm really big at this stage - it's making me a wee bit paranoid.. every other pic of people at 21 weeks is very similar to myself!

My Mom keeps saying the same to me and I'm nearly 24 weeks! She keeps asking if I've the dates right or if I'm sure its not twins! Thanks, don't get me all paranoid or anything!
    I know for sure my dates are right, we had IUI and it could only have been that particular date! lol
    I do feel big, I keep comparing myself to others and wondering if I am bigger than normal! I guess we'll know after the next scan if all is measuring ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

All starting to feel real at last. Spotted a pram/buggy on done d@@l that we had liked new in the shops so went on a little road trip thurs night and bought that. Still paid 500 quid but it's a lot better that 980 in the mamma robbers shop 🙈 Got really excited since and spent half the day yesterday (during work!!) pricing the car seat and base but got that ordered too. Going to put them in my parents attic for a few months.
    Mum gave us dinner last night and I eat way too much (nothing like the mammy's dinner) but God did I pay for it. Nearly busted for the night. Nowhere or way I sat or lay was comfy so won't be doing that again.
    Hope everyone is doing ok weeks are flying now

Went to my GP today for my regular check-up. It was good timing as I've got a cough and had another bit of a faint spell on Sunday. He thinks I might be anaemic, so he's checked my bloods. I've had a few nosebleeds, and had a tiny one while in there when I blew my nose! He said it may also be my blood pressure, as its on the low side anyway (normal for me), that the baby making room for itself may be causing it to lower at times and making me feel faint. I just have to wait for the bloods to come back to see what to do.

He said my cough isn't in my lungs/chest, but he's given me a prescription just in case it gets worse. I have a bit of thrush too....the joys! He said I can use Canesten cream though, thankfully! Although of course I forgot to go to the chemist before it closed so will have to put up with it until tomorrow. so I'm feeling a bit fe*king rough the past few days! But the good thing is the baby is good, heartbeat is great and that's the main thing :)

Had my anatomy scan today, all is looking perfect, but baby is measuring in the 12th percentile, so I'm going back in 4 weeks for another scan to check growth. My MIL had very small babies (even my husband was under 6lb) so not sure if there is a hereditary component to birth weight!

olaola wrote: »
    Had my anatomy scan today, all is looking perfect, but baby is measuring in the 12th percentile, so I'm going back in 4 weeks for another scan to check growth. My MIL had very small babies (even my husband was under 6lb) so not sure if there is a hereditary component to birth weight!

I'll gladly give you some of my baby who is 90th percentile with a giant head lol!
    Hope everything is ok tho and you just have adorable teeny babies!

Visited my friend and her 3 month old yesterday. Oh my god was she tiny! Felt like I was gonna break her and had no idea how to hold her! You're supposed to know what you're doing second time around! What am I gonna do with a newborn?!?

I'll gladly give you some of my baby who is 90th percentile with a giant head lol!
    Hope everything is ok tho and you just have adorable teeny babies!

Visited my friend and her 3 month old yesterday. Oh my god was she tiny! Felt like I was gonna break her and had no idea how to hold her! You're supposed to know what you're doing second time around! What am I gonna do with a newborn?!?

My little fella has a head in the 95th percentile!! He was a very average birth weight (3525g) even though I had a scan at 39+1, that told me he was going to be a whopper!

I know, I have no clue how to hold little babies anymore. I only had about 4 weeks experience with my own until he started to get bigger!!

It is such guesswork until the baby actually appears as to size - I remember one midwife all concerned that the baby was too big in me at 37 weeks, like problem-huge because of a condition, but then he was born later that week at 7lbs 8oz and nothing in the world wrong with him. IDK why they worry us! A scan would put your mind at rest if you were super worried too.

Can't wait to get back to Ireland later this week and have gender scan next week. VERY impatient to find out gender!

Has anyone started to put together the baby bits for the hospital? I was thinking of starting this soon. I don't know what sort of bag to get for it though? I know you don't bring in much for the actual birth, just a small bag, but should I get some sort of nappy bag for that part? And where's a good place to get some nice ones?

Literally haven't bought a thing yet & starting to feel like we should do something soon!

We and 2 bags last time. One for me in them labour ward. Think 2 nighties, some pads, tens machine , snacks, the oil for healing stitches(?) charger, iPod, small shampoo and body wash, slippers and light dressing gown. Can't remeber needing anything else. Oh and baby's first outfit. Then your hubby can take that bag home so you don't have too much stuff lying around.

Then a bag for the ward. Nappies, wipes or cotton wool, baby outfits , couple of pjs, book (lol) , socks and underwear. Toothbrush etc. towel. Muslins, bibs etc.

My husband brought in my going home outfit the day he picked me up. I didn't leave my wedding rings or watch in the hospital either as those kinds of things can go walk about.

Your husband might want to think about packing a small bag for himself with snacks, book etc. if you go in the night there'll be no food nearby for him (or you)

Also all our stuff is in storage at the mo so no packing started here!

Glad to be at 24 weeks now. Viability at 50-70% puts my mind a little more at ease

• Advertisement
Advertisement