Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

cheerful14 wrote: »
    Am interested in the free GP visits, I have been getting bloods done since 4 weeks and have paid each time (€40 too). Will query why I not on free GP care?

Here's info on the scheme, http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/women_s_health/maternity_and_infant_welfare_services.html
    Maybe you're paying for the blood tests? Or the visits aren't under the remit of the scheme? Worth asking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

cheerful14 wrote: »
    I was eating grapes as found them refreshing but read in pregnancy journal that grapes not good for first trimester, anyone else hear this?

Damn! I've eaten most of a punnet since Sunday. I've just had a quick google - seems to be related to the toxins and pesticides added to the fruit. Also suggests avoiding pineapple and papaya. Its soooo complicated!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cheerful14

I was eating grapes too until read the article which did also say to avoid pineapple and papaya. I was eating pineapple when TTC as helps with that but seemingly not during first trimester. Looks like the usuals -- apples, oranges and bananas OK. Hard to know what to eat or not -- potatoes and chips all I crave but force myself to eat salads, eggs, etc. I loved avocado, was eating one a day but now gone completely off it!!

Cheerful, we should cook for each other! We are on the same nutritional/fussing eating page.
    I have been devouring avocados until a few days ago. Now I cant stand the idea of them.

When looking up the grape/pineapple thing, I also noticed mention that cinnamon was off the menu. FFS, Ive had my eye on a chimney cake for as soon as I could palette it. I guess not!

Grapes, pineapples et al, are defo NOT off the menu. Keep eating them if you like them! Pineapples contain bromelain, which in sufficient quantities can have an effect on your uterus (contractions, I think?). But it's contained mainly in the core of the pineapple, which is mainly inedible, AND you'd have to eat a RAKE of pineapples to get any kind of dosage to take effect. You'd have severe acid burns in your mouth before you even finished one pineapple!

Grapes, dunno where that came from. Keep eating them, make sure (as with everything now you're preggers! Even bagged salad) they're well washed.

The NHS website is really excellent, their advice aligns more or less 100% with the HSE, but the HSE really don't have such a useful online repository for searchable info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 cheerful14

Sounds like it sonandmoon, we be perfect dinner companions on a night out, poor chef would be driven mad!!!

Oh no cinnamon, have been putting it in porridge to give it some taste as cant manage the dried fruit and nuts I used to put in porridge. Have the Linseed topping so will have to stick to that (hopefully thats ok?).

I seriously loved avacodo, all summer and until few weeks ago was eating it with everything, thought myself to be a bit of an avacodo guru, cant even look at one now in supermarket!! I never was much of a chip/potatoe person but now having them every day!!!!!

It will all be worth it, and much more next summer :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

So I'm in hospital. Hopefully only over night. On s drip. Feel like crap but it should help

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

So I'm in hospital. Hopefully only over night. On s drip. Feel like crap but it should help

oh no, is it because you've been so sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

My two week wait is almost over for second scan because last scan showed I wasn't as pregnant as they thought they wanted to wait and do follow up scan in another two weeks. It's on Thursday and morning sickness has just kicked in. I'm vomiting and feel sick all the time. Vomiting is quite random and I don't get much warning. I'm afraid to eat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

Hi ladies,
    So happy to be back on boards again! Was a regular poster back in 2013! Just found out on Sat that I'm expecting my third baby. Very excited and nervous. I always found the first 12 weeks nerve wrecking. Haven't had any symptoms as of yet and only discovered I was pregnant because of a late period! Which sounds funny but my last 2 I knew I was expecting before my period was even due! Have been a bit tired but putting it down to the awful dose I have at the moment and the fact that I've been awake half the night coughing! I'm due the 30th July. Hope everyone is feeling well and I'll look forward to sharing everyone's journey over the next 8 months or so!!
    X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Last night was like the eye of the storm. I had about 2 hours where I felt great and had no sickness so I went mad and had a chipper. Today I feel as sick as :-( Does anyone else have a horrible taste in their mouth all the time?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was very nauseous all day yesterday and ended up being sick before I went to bed last night. I didn't even have to try, I had to leg it to the loo! Thankfully I didn't get sick again, but felt crap all night. Woke feeling a lot better. The fact I had a bit of a temperature yesterday too makes me wonder do I have a bit of a bug on top of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I was very nauseous all day yesterday and ended up being sick before I went to bed last night. I didn't even have to try, I had to leg it to the loo! Thankfully I didn't get sick again, but felt crap all night. Woke feeling a lot better. The fact I had a bit of a temperature yesterday too makes me wonder do I have a bit of a bug on top of it all.

The only times I vomited when pregnant was when I had a virus, happened twice at 8 and 18 weeks. The rest of the time I "just" had the constant nausea, which is preferable to a d&v bug to me anyway!

The only times I vomited when pregnant was when I had a virus, happened twice at 8 and 18 weeks. The rest of the time I "just" had the constant nausea, which is preferable to a d&v bug to me anyway!

I think it must have been some sort of virus. I just felt like it came on very suddenly Monday evening and I don't stop feeling sick until this morning. I haven't got it of bed yet today, I feel so tired! I know when you are pregnant it's easy to pick up more bugs etc so I just wonder if that's what it was. I hope so cos I really was feeling awful.

Yeah its pretty bad. Got sick 6 times yesterday and 4 times during the night. On my 4 th drip so far. Still feel horrible. Might be in a few more days

Yeah its pretty bad. Got sick 6 times yesterday and 4 times during the night. On my 4 th drip so far. Still feel horrible. Might be in a few more days

oh no, you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bingwhoosh

That sounds awful dori_dormer, hope you are feeling better soon.. make the most of the rest when you are there!

it feel as though as the day goes on my nausea gets worse, and is really bad in the evening. I had to run to the loo as I was about to type this and I was sick again. I haven't been sick since midnight last night, but the nausea got worse as the day went on. I didn't eat much, I can't stomach much. I started to eat a few corn cakes & an orange, but that came up. I had put a baked potato in the oven, but now I am not sure I should even bother trying to eat it.
    Its starting to really get me down, and I am not able to eat much so I'm afraid I'm doing to also end up on a drip in hospital.

Oranges or orange juice are the worst on a sick stomach, the citric acid makes it worse, avoid!

Was sick again & ive nothing in my stomach! Trying to drink some 7up now. I knew this part wouldn't be pleasant but this is really not nice :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ANON0108

Sorry to all the ladies who are having an hard time. I have been feeling really nauseous but haven't actually been sick.
    Today I have really achy thighs. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just over 7 weeks. Not sure if I should be worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ANON0108

Sorry to all the ladies who are having a hard time. I have been feeling really nauseous but haven't actually been sick.
    Today I have really achy thighs. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just over 7 weeks. Not sure if I should be worried!

bought all things ginger in the health shop! Ginger biscuits which I'm devouring, both to get rid of nausea and cos I'm now hungry! Drinking ginger ale today, which has helped. Also bought some 'sea bands', which are meant to be good for nausea. I've spent a load today so these things better work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

follow up scan went good today. Baby had a heartbeat and had caught up with dates! I'm almost 7 weeks. That two week wait was torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sunlife44

Sorry to hear of all the sick mommies to be 😠just over 8 weeks and had my first scan tonight ! Was so nervous going in! Shed a little tear when saw heart beat flickering on screen and could make out head etc . Was lovely to see and measurements and heart beat all normal for the stage it is at now. Best of luck to all x

Ive been in bed since 7pm & sick twice. Can't eat a bite, and have a headache. Really fed up now :( not sure whether to see my gp or not?

I was having a peek on the June thread & noticed a couple of ladies say that taking pregnacare made their nausea worse. I take this, does anyone else or has anyone heard this before?

I was having a peek on the June thread & noticed a couple of ladies say that taking pregnacare made their nausea worse. I take this, does anyone else or has anyone heard this before?

I'm taking these but as its my first pregnancy I don't know the difference. The neausea is really crappy though

I'm finding things really hard, I can't seem to function, especially in the evening. The sickness builds up really bad at night, no matter what I do and by then I can't function & spent all last night in bed feeling extremely ill. Is there any point in going to my gp? I can't go on like this for god knows how long. I'm barely eating or drinking, nothing is really staying down. I don't want to end up in hospital. I woke at 5am feeling ok, and slept again until 9am. I feel ok now, but not sure how the day will go & dreading this evening. I don't know what to do :(

• Advertisement

I'm finding things really hard, I can't seem to function, especially in the evening. The sickness builds up really bad at night, no matter what I do and by then I can't function & spent all last night in bed feeling extremely ill. Is there any point in going to my gp? I can't go on like this for god knows how long. I'm barely eating or drinking, nothing is really staying down. I don't want to end up in hospital. I woke at 5am feeling ok, and slept again until 9am. I feel ok now, but not sure how the day will go & dreading this evening. I don't know what to do :(

If I was you I would go see the GP. If your finding it hard to eat or drink you may be slightly dehydrated which will make you feel even worse. The doc may have some better suggestions of how to get through it. The sickness is really getting me down too. Like you its at night I'm worse and I even wake through the night feeling sick. I am managing to eat small amounts though as if I don't I know I will feel worse so I force it in. I've only vomited once and that was last Sunday night when I felt like I just wanted to go to bed and stay for the next 8 months. I'm just trying to focus on January when hopefully the sickness will be over and all i have to think about is getting fat!

I urge you to go to your docs. Dehydration is the worst for the fetus. There are things you can take to help.

I'm still in hospital, vomiting less but still a couple of times a day. StillOn drip. Have had the most terrible headache for 2 days solid now, paracetamol doesn't make a dent in it. They finally took bloods and tell me i have a serious sinus infection. So i start pregnancy safe anti biotics tonight. The night doc said she can also do acupuncture. I'll do anything to make the pain go away. Doesn't help that i have the loudest room mate ever. She actually called someone on speaker phone and yelled into the phone for 30 min! Thought my head was going to explode.

Seems like these July babies are gonna be difficult lol!

I urge you to go to your docs. Dehydration is the worst for the fetus. There are things you can take to help.

I'm still in hospital, vomiting less but still a couple of times a day. StillOn drip. Have had the most terrible headache for 2 days solid now, paracetamol doesn't make a dent in it. They finally took bloods and tell me i have a serious sinus infection. So i start pregnancy safe anti biotics tonight. The night doc said she can also do acupuncture. I'll do anything to make the pain go away. Doesn't help that i have the loudest room mate ever. She actually called someone on speaker phone and yelled into the phone for 30 min! Thought my head was going to explode.

Seems like these July babies are gonna be difficult lol!

you poor thing, but at least they have figured out what is the main problem now and can help with it.

I didn't go into work this morning, but got up and had 2 slices of toast, had a shower and got my mom to give me a lift into work around 1pm. I feel soooooo much better today, better than I have all week. I am still a bit ropey, but even compared to all day yesterday I am a LOT better. I have managed to eat a bit more, and am now devouring some vegetable soup! I have been wearing those 'sea bands' on both wrists since I woke, so I wonder are they actually helping? I am really hoping I don't start feeling sick tonight. I need a break!

I hope you feel better soon dori_dormer and are able to go home!

Aw guys, you two have been through the wars.
    Hope the good spell lasts Ciarrai, and I hope the acupuncture works its magic on you Dori_D (Im a big believer in acupuncture, I think it got me pregnant, not the sex!)

Happy and healthy weekends July Mommas xx

I can't believe how much better I feel today, especially this evening! I managed to have soup this afternoon, and ate some more toast just now! I'm tired, but the nausea has seriously subsided! This time last night I was so sick, its great to feel semi-normal again!

I wonder was it just a really big surge of hormones this week, moving onto week 8 and it hitting me hard!?

The pregnacare vitamins are renowned for making nausea worse. I gave them up after my second virus (because I couldn't choke them down without a wave of nausea). I also used the sea bands but I had to stop because they hurt my wrists! Hope it stays as good for you now Ciarrai.

• Advertisement

The pregnacare vitamins are renowned for making nausea worse. I gave them up after my second virus (because I couldn't choke them down without a wave of nausea). I also used the sea bands but I had to stop because they hurt my wrists! Hope it stays as good for you now Ciarrai.
    What vitamins are a good alternative to the pregnacare?

Cerocco wrote: »
    What vitamins are a good alternative to the pregnacare?

Maybe the Sona ones called Pregnaplan? I was also advised to take Floradix liquid which has B vitamins to help with nausea. I need to get more vitamins soon anyway so might get the Sona ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Well after pretending to drink all weekend I don't think it fooled anyone.

Have just been eating crap all week, need to eat more healthier from tomorrow.

Well after pretending to drink all weekend I don't think it fooled anyone.

This is going to be a pain in the hoop over Christmas. I was telling everyone I was doing a 'NOvember' (which I actually did plan to do!) so I think I got away with it thus far. BUT himself nearly let the cat out of the bag the other night. I *think* we covered up with grace.

We told my parents this weekend. the 4 of us went out to dinner to celebrate, restaurant options can be seriously limited when you are pregnant! We told his parents too. Its nice to be able to talk to some people about it at least.

I have a question - I went to the doc (GP) on 13 Nov, she confirmed the pregnancy, and got a letter off to the local hospital. She told me to expect a letter from the hospital within a week or so, with a scan date. I received a hospital letter, advising me that I am now on their system for the Maternity and Infant Care Scheme, but nothing yet about any dates.

Should I be expecting to have this date at this stage?

Glad you are feeling better Ciarrai, long may it continue!

• Advertisement

I think it's different with different hospitals? I got a form back from the Coombe, on which I have to choose which care I want & then I send that back & they return with a date for my 'booking appointment' which includes scan/bloods etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

I got my pregnancy confirmed last Monday by gp and Thursday morning I got a letter from the rotunda with a date for a reassurance scan on the 16th Dec. Will be 8 weeks then.
    Woke up this morning feeling brilliant and thought that maybe I was dreaming up the pregnancy as I am having very few symptoms. Once I dropped kids to school I Sat on couch to have a quiet cuppa and woke up 2 hours later!! Apart from that though I really don't "feel" pregnant. Not like my last 2 pregnancys. It's a bit unnerving!!

I phoned the hospital - the woman told me that my first Booking Visit (I think that's what she called it, and I've no idea what it entails) is in their system for 8th Jan. Ill be a few days off 14 weeks at that stage. But she told me to phone the Scan Room to see if I can get a different scan date. She advised that they can only do the scans between 12-14 weeks. I've been trying to phone the scan room, but no answer.

Ill be 12 weeks on 28th Dec, Id love to be able to tell people on New Years (if not before), so if the hospital cant get me in over that week (bad timing on my behalf to be 12 weeks on Christmas week!), Ill see about getting a private scan elsewhere in Galway.

I nearly garroted the dog earlier, it all escalated and was topped off with a container of beans falling out of the fridge & spilling over the floor. The poor hound redeemed herself with a quick cleanup job. I REALLY need to get out for a run, but himself is off gallivanting with work for the week. My mother in law is coming over tomrw & I'm going to head into town for a nice mooch & yummy lunch.
    Anyone else have sudden irrational rage? I got it last time too. It's A THING. I swear.

olaola wrote: »
    I nearly garroted the dog earlier, it all escalated and was topped off with a container of beans falling out of the fridge & spilling over the floor. The poor hound redeemed herself with a quick cleanup job. I REALLY need to get out for a run, but himself is off gallivanting with work for the week. My mother in law is coming over tomrw & I'm going to head into town for a nice mooch & yummy lunch.
    Anyone else have sudden irrational rage? I got it last time too. It's A THING. I swear.

Oh I'm having plenty of irrational rages...regularly! No patience with anyone, I literally wish most people would just shut up! :rolleyes:

Oh I'm having plenty of irrational rages...regularly! No patience with anyone, I literally wish most people would just shut up! :rolleyes:

Phew! It's not just me so... ;)
    I have zero patience at the moment. Even thinking up possible scenarios where people MIGHT piss me off.

olaola wrote: »
    Phew! It's not just me so... ;)
    I have zero patience at the moment. Even thinking up possible scenarios where people MIGHT piss me off.

working in retail does not help either!! oh and Christmas on the way & working in retail plus being pregnant = very scary pregnant lady! haha!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Hey guys!

Has anyone went with The Coombe, public? I got a date for my first appointment but I can't go that day. It says to call and leave message of any other day which I have done 3 times but no response :/ Worried as it's coming up this week and no new apointment!

In regards to RAGE, I feel myself getting worked up over silly little things, also crying at anything. I cried like a baby at First Dates because i was happy the couple liked each other, then cried at gogglebox for something equally ridiculous!

I'm home! Yay!

But literally in the door 2 min and started vomiting again :( been trying to take my antibiotic for an hour but I just vomit it back up - tmi sorry!

I understand the rage! A new roommate arrived in the hospital last night and she turned her light on and then Promptly passed out! Nurses wouldn't turn her light off! So I sat wide awake til 10 ( everyone goes asleep at 8) when her bloody husband turns up! Like wtf? Then she starts talking on the phone! The rage! Then she finally turns her light off, then after 30 min wakes me up to bring her to the bathroom! Eh wtf? I'm not a nurse I'm sick too! Then someone calls her at 5 am! I nearly had a heart attack the phone was so loud.

Then she complains that breakfast comes at 7.30! I could have murderd her!

Glad to be home tho. So far I have lost 4kg in 2 weeks. Not good

I'm home! Yay!

But literally in the door 2 min and started vomiting again :( been trying to take my antibiotic for an hour but I just vomit it back up - tmi sorry!

I understand the rage! A new roommate arrived in the hospital last night and she turned her light on and then Promptly passed out! Nurses wouldn't turn her light off! So I sat wide awake til 10 ( everyone goes asleep at 8) when her bloody husband turns up! Like wtf? Then she starts talking on the phone! The rage! Then she finally turns her light off, then after 30 min wakes me up to bring her to the bathroom! Eh wtf? I'm not a nurse I'm sick too! Then someone calls her at 5 am! I nearly had a heart attack the phone was so loud.

Then she complains that breakfast comes at 7.30! I could have murderd her!

Glad to be home tho. So far I have lost 4kg in 2 weeks. Not good

ah no, sorry to hear you are still not feeling great.

That one in the hospital sounds like she thought she was in a hotel! I remember being in for a lap & dye a few years ago and a lady came in quite late in the night, but proceeded to talk really loudly to whoever she was with and then started making phonecalls! I nearly lost it! I got no sleep that night and promptly went to bed when I got home the next day and slept for hours! I hate wards!

• Advertisement
Advertisement