Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Totally normal brokensoul.My second is an April 2016 baby and she is like that.Actually I don't think she minds crowds souch, but she runs away if we turn on a blender or hoover or mixer or stuff like that.Husband had a power saw going yesterday evening, she hid in the house til it stopped.Had her hamds over her ears and told me 'too noisy" several times.My elder wasn't quite like that but she would be about 45 mims or so in a crowd (even family) then tell me she wanted to go home.We had a family do yesterday and the younger took my hand several times to bring to the door saying 'go home' too.It's too much for them to take it all in, their "filters" aren't as developed as ours are.Sometimes taking them to a quiet spot for a little while helps, because they can get very overwhelmed.It improves as they get bigger, but some kids will always need quiet time more than others (I am one of those people myself).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Agree with shesty completely! My 4 yr old still doesnt like loud noises, hates my hairdryer, hand dryers in bathrooms etc. Would ask to leave gymboree after 30 min at 18mths, parties the same. Or he'd wander off to a quiet spot for a break. He lasts longer now hes 4 but his limit is probably max 2 hrs if hes having a brill time.

M not at all phased by loud noises, hes mostly a loud noise himself! Loves the hoover and the lawn mower but hat could all change over night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

I wonder is it related to how noisy they are themselves. My fella is a total noise machine. He's never happier than when he's allowed bang and shout (and climb) to his hearts content. He actually gets excited and starts laughing and/or clapping when I turn on the blender or something really loud.

I wonder is it related to how noisy they are themselves. My fella is a total noise machine. He's never happier than when he's allowed bang and shout (and climb) to his hearts content. He actually gets excited and starts laughing and/or clapping when I turn on the blender or something really loud.

Same!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Thanks for that lads. Good point, the sonandmoon, my son literally chatters from the moment he wakes to the moment he goes to sleep whereas she is generally much quieter so that might be part of the reason why noise bothers her more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The manager of our crèche has got me concerned recently by telling me on a few occasions that he seems very emotional & anxious. That he gets upset at various times throughout the day and doesn’t seem to be happy when it’s noisy or busy in the room. He always seems in much better form in the late afternoon, after naps and when it seems to quieten down. She seems to make a bigger deal out of it than the staff in his room, who have put my mind at ease most times when I’ve spoke to them about it in more detail. The manager wanted me to contact the PHN & mention it at development appointment. I told her we don’t yet have this appointment, that we have to wait until they contact us.

I feel quite annoyed by her attitude to this whole thing. She seems to be giving me the impression like it’s an inconvenience that he’s like this, when the staff seem to love him. They always fill me in on his day etc. The manager is making me worry there’s something wrong. They haven’t moved him into the wobbler room yet as it’s too busy, but he’s moving in a month or so and she is concerned he won’t cope with it as it’s busier etc. He has already spent a lot of time in the wobbler room, so he has being introduced to it and seems to be fine. But she said it’s usually in the afternoon when it’s quieter and she feels he may not like it with more kids.

I don’t know what she expects me to do right now. I don’t see what she sees at home, and he’s developing well as far as we can tell. He isn’t mad about other kids in his space or be8ng rough, and he can be sensitive, but no more than most kids. Has any else experienced this sort of thing? Should I just wait for the developmental appointment and let the phn know then or be more concerned?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The manager of our crèche has got me concerned recently by telling me on a few occasions that he seems very emotional & anxious. That he gets upset at various times throughout the day and doesn’t seem to be happy when it’s noisy or busy in the room. He always seems in much better form in the late afternoon, after naps and when it seems to quieten down. She seems to make a bigger deal out of it than the staff in his room, who have put my mind at ease most times when I’ve spoke to them about it in more detail. The manager wanted me to contact the PHN & mention it at development appointment. I told her we don’t yet have this appointment, that we have to wait until they contact us.

I feel quite annoyed by her attitude to this whole thing. She seems to be giving me the impression like it’s an inconvenience that he’s like this, when the staff seem to love him. They always fill me in on his day etc. The manager is making me worry there’s something wrong. They haven’t moved him into the wobbler room yet as it’s too busy, but he’s moving in a month or so and she is concerned he won’t cope with it as it’s busier etc. He has already spent a lot of time in the wobbler room, so he has being introduced to it and seems to be fine. But she said it’s usually in the afternoon when it’s quieter and she feels he may not like it with more kids.

I don’t know what she expects me to do right now. I don’t see what she sees at home, and he’s developing well as far as we can tell. He isn’t mad about other kids in his space or be8ng rough, and he can be sensitive, but no more than most kids. Has any else experienced this sort of thing? Should I just wait for the developmental appointment and let the phn know then or be more concerned?

I wouldn't be too worried, she sounds like she's overreacting. My eldest didn't like the nose and chaos, but he adapted and was allowed his space when needed and that really helped him. It's just his personality.
    Your fella might also just be growing out of the baby room and be frustrated being there with the limitations of babies around him? Or could just be very tired before nap time. Loads of possibilities and from what you've said , that alone would not lead me to think it warrants an emergency trip to phn.
    Milo had been more frustrated recently when not getting his way too. He lashes out and gets in a sulk! He had a meltdown going on the trolley yesterday and I rarely bring the buggy anymore as he refuses it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I wouldn't be too worried, she sounds like she's overreacting. My eldest didn't like the nose and chaos, but he adapted and was allowed his space when needed and that really helped him. It's just his personality.
    Your fella might also just be growing out of the baby room and be frustrated being there with the limitations of babies around him? Or could just be very tired before nap time. Loads of possibilities and from what you've said , that alone would not lead me to think it warrants an emergency trip to phn.
    Milo had been more frustrated recently when not getting his way too. He lashes out and gets in a sulk! He had a meltdown going on the trolley yesterday and I rarely bring the buggy anymore as he refuses it.

I agree. I feel she is over reacting and it’s annoyed me. I also think he’s frustrated with the baby room. I also think they are letting his naps go too late. At home he sleeps usually from about 12.30pm at latest for 2 hours. On their daily report he doesn’t seem to be going down for a nap until after 1.30pm or even 2 sometimes and then sleeps past 4pm, which is too late I think. I think we need to say it to them that we would prefer if he could go down a bit earlier for naps as it’s a bit late & he’s probably far too tired & getting over emotional. I like the ladies that look after him, but I feel like the manage has over reacted about it. He’s only 21 months, he’s still so small and could also be realising at different times in day that I’m not there and gets upset. Seems normal behaviour to me.

I agree. I feel she is over reacting and it’s annoyed me. I also think he’s frustrated with the baby room. I also think they are letting his naps go too late. At home he sleeps usually from about 12.30pm at latest for 2 hours. On their daily report he doesn’t seem to be going down for a nap until after 1.30pm or even 2 sometimes and then sleeps past 4pm, which is too late I think. I think we need to say it to them that we would prefer if he could go down a bit earlier for naps as it’s a bit late & he’s probably far too tired & getting over emotional. I like the ladies that look after him, but I feel like the manage has over reacted about it. He’s only 21 months, he’s still so small and could also be realising at different times in day that I’m not there and gets upset. Seems normal behaviour to me.

Yeah that's way too late to be going down for a nap! Milo asked this morning to go back to bed at 10.30 😂 I was trying to keep him up till 12, so hed do just the one nap. He wasnt having any of it!

How is everyone doing? I can't believe my little baby will be 2 in less than a month!! Not so little anymore! I miss him being a baby! He's still as cute but he is getting very adventurous now and into EVERYTHING!! He is doing a lot better in creche, although its only very recently he's improved, so fingers crossed it continues. He is due to move into the 'wobbler' room in a few weeks, so I hope that helps. He's been getting outside a lot in the good weather, including in creche, and he loves it!

He has been getting a much bigger appetite, but still so fussy with food. He will only eat a certain range of things, and trying other foods can be hard. I struggle with ideas of what to give him. I think he's improving though, so hopefully it will just start eating a bigger range of things soon.

We have held of trying for another baby for a little while longer. I don't want to wait too long as I'm now 41, but I am also nervous of it not happening naturally for us again, I don't want to go down the fertility route for a second time. We will see! Anyone else TTC again or any little babas on the way??
    Hope everyone is doing well and the little ones are thriving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

How is everyone doing? I can't believe my little baby will be 2 in less than a month!! Not so little anymore! I miss him being a baby! He's still as cute but he is getting very adventurous now and into EVERYTHING!! He is doing a lot better in creche, although its only very recently he's improved, so fingers crossed it continues. He is due to move into the 'wobbler' room in a few weeks, so I hope that helps. He's been getting outside a lot in the good weather, including in creche, and he loves it!

He has been getting a much bigger appetite, but still so fussy with food. He will only eat a certain range of things, and trying other foods can be hard. I struggle with ideas of what to give him. I think he's improving though, so hopefully it will just start eating a bigger range of things soon.

We have held of trying for another baby for a little while longer. I don't want to wait too long as I'm now 41, but I am also nervous of it not happening naturally for us again, I don't want to go down the fertility route for a second time. We will see! Anyone else TTC again or any little babas on the way??

Hi, it’s been ages since I had the chance to drop in and see how everyone is doing. My little boy was 2 at the end of May and is so big and full of life I find it hard to believe we ever came so close to losing him all that time ago.
    Like you Ciarrai I’m almost 41 but we’ve decided to start TTC for our third. Fingers crossed it all goes well. Part of me thinks I’m stone mad but will roll the dice anyway and fingers crossed.
    Hope everyone else is doing well

Hey girlie, my two are nearly 2. Growing like weeds at the moment! They are still quite fussy with food, and my little girl is still less comfortable with strangers and big crowds than my boy but in general they are doing well.

I am still struggling with whether or not to go again. I have been unwell since they were born (well since the septicemia I got when they were a few weeks old) I finally got a diagnosis a few weeks ago of hashimoto disorder and so have started treatment for that. I think it would be another 6 months at least before I could think of getting pregnant health wise. We have frozen embryos, which is swaying me towards going again, but I am not sure I could cope with another baba.

Also, I got a new job in March which I am absolutely loving and another pregnancy would take me out of that job for a period of time and maybe sideline me. Seems like a selfish reason not to have another baba but I don't want to resent a child because their arrival had a huge impact on my career.

Husband would like another baba but it isn't a deal breaker to him. Like me, he wishes that we had started having kids earlier, but for other reasons we just couldn't.

Anyway, that is my rant for the moment! Glad to hear things are good for you and your smallie.

brokensoul wrote: »
    Hey girlie, my two are nearly 2. Growing like weeds at the moment! They are still quite fussy with food, and my little girl is still less comfortable with strangers and big crowds than my boy but in general they are doing well.

I am still struggling with whether or not to go again. I have been unwell since they were born (well since the septicemia I got when they were a few weeks old) I finally got a diagnosis a few weeks ago of hashimoto disorder and so have started treatment for that. I think it would be another 6 months at least before I could think of getting pregnant health wise. We have frozen embryos, which is swaying me towards going again, but I am not sure I could cope with another baba.

Also, I got a new job in March which I am absolutely loving and another pregnancy would take me out of that job for a period of time and maybe sideline me. Seems like a selfish reason not to have another baba but I don't want to resent a child because their arrival had a huge impact on my career.

Husband would like another baba but it isn't a deal breaker to him. Like me, he wishes that we had started having kids earlier, but for other reasons we just couldn't.

Anyway, that is my rant for the moment! Glad to hear things are good for you and your smallie.

Sorry to hear you haven't been too well. Hope you feel better.

I too wish we had managed to have kids earlier, but it wasn't to be really and money wise we couldn't afford the fertility treatment straight away, so it was a lot later in life than I had expected it to be.

I too wonder if I'd struggle with another. I find it stressful at the best of times, and he's been quite an easy baby to be fair. I don't know how I would cope if we had the total opposite child who never slept etc. We are fairly blessed with him, so I have to keep reminding myself of that & not let the silly things get to me. His tantrums are interesting though! I can't imagine trying to look after a baby & deal with those....but thousands of women do it all the time!
    We will see how it goes, I don't even want to start putting pressure on myself with trying to get pregnant. Not sure I could go through it all again to be honest. I think that side of things worries me the most. I am trying to not think about it for now and enjoy this little boy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

My little girl will be two on the 12th July, currently 27w pregnant and praying with every fibre in my body that I get a child half as well behaved as their big sister. Something tells me I'm going to get put through the mill this time around I don't know why.

My little girl will be two on the 12th July, currently 27w pregnant and praying with every fibre in my body that I get a child half as well behaved as their big sister. Something tells me I'm going to get put through the mill this time around I don't know why.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I get a pang of envy when I hear of someone being pregnant! I’m very broody!

Anyone planning birthday parties? Can't believe it's been 2 yrs already! Hoping to have a garden party at home again this year ( last year it pissed rain!)
    In one sense he's my snuggly baby and on the other he's so grown up 😂 we were on holidays last week and his speech just exploded! He's talking 4 word sentences now and is just so so much smarter and more able than his brother was at this age! He's great fun and really good at the hurling! We are getting him am easel for his birthday as he loves drawing
    What's everyone else up to?

Anyone planning birthday parties? Can't believe it's been 2 yrs already! Hoping to have a garden party at home again this year ( last year it pissed rain!)
    In one sense he's my snuggly baby and on the other he's so grown up �� we were on holidays last week and his speech just exploded! He's talking 4 word sentences now and is just so so much smarter and more able than his brother was at this age! He's great fun and really good at the hurling! We are getting him am easel for his birthday as he loves drawing

This year I think we are bringing him to a new petfarm that’s opened near us. We did a garden party last year (it was so hot here that day!), so I think he will love the pet farm.

He has become a terror for getting to bed at night. He seems to come alive when I am trying to wind him down and it becomes a battle to settle him. What time are your little ones going to bed & what is your routine?

This year I think we are bringing him to a new petfarm that’s opened near us. We did a garden party last year (it was so hot here that day!), so I think he will love the pet farm.

He has become a terror for getting to bed at night. He seems to come alive when I am trying to wind him down and it becomes a battle to settle him. What time are your little ones going to bed & what is your routine?

My two go up between 7 and half 7. About 20 minutes of stories etc. He falls asleep within ten minutes of lights out. He's always been easy to go down tho. He has one nap in the afternoon for 2 hrs. About 11.30 - 1.30

My two go up between 7 and half 7. About 20 minutes of stories etc. He falls asleep within ten minutes of lights out. He's always been easy to go down tho. He has one nap in the afternoon for 2 hrs. About 11.30 - 1.30

It’s 8pm before I can get him to bed, and later! Tonight was a joke, he was crazy and would not go to bed and when we managed to get him up, he wouldn’t lie down. It was after 9 before he fell asleep. His nap in day is similar to yours.

His daddy gets home from work about 6.30pm and he just wants to spend time with him and they both are nuts together! I can’t seem to get daddy to realise I need to wind him down, not up! It’s really starting to annoy me. Plus the evenings I have my fitness class, he’s still up when I get home after 8 as he won’t go down for him, only me. Really can’t be dealing with it every night, but he just cries if his dad tries to put him down, or just starts messing & thinks it’s play time!

• Advertisement

My two don't go to sleep til about 9, but then they don't get up in the morning til about 9 either.

They nap from about 3 to 5 in the afternoon.

To be honest, we have never had a very formal routine for them as they are both great sleepers. If they are tired going to bed they sleep straight away, if they aren't they chat away to each other. I think it is kinda different with twins as they are not being left on their own to go to sleep so they don't get upset.

In one sense he's my snuggly baby and on the other he's so grown up �� we were on holidays last week and his speech just exploded! He's talking 4 word sentences now and is just so so much smarter and more able than his brother was at this age! He's great fun and really good at the hurling! We are getting him am easel for his birthday as he loves drawing

We have a small house but a big garden so if the weather looks good we will have a party, but I can't fit everyone in the house if it rains!

They are getting a play set for the garden as their present, and some DVDs as I will allow them to start watching some tv once they turn 2.

We have a small house but a big garden so if the weather looks good we will have a party, but I can't fit everyone in the house if it rains!

They are getting a play set for the garden as their present, and some DVDs as I will allow them to start watching some tv once they turn 2.

I really wish M would watch tv! Anything at all even for 15 minutes so I could catch a shower! I have to get up 20 minutes earlier than my husband Mon -fri just to get one in. And he's away for 2 weeks soon I don't know what the feck I'm gonna do then!

We were looking at a climbing frame too but think we'll save and get one next year instead! Think it's supposed to be great weather from this weekend for a while! Fingers crossed!

I really wish M would watch tv! Anything at all even for 15 minutes so I could catch a shower! I have to get up 20 minutes earlier than my husband Mon -fri just to get one in. And he's away for 2 weeks soon I don't know what the feck I'm gonna do then!

We were looking at a climbing frame too but think we'll save and get one next year instead! Think it's supposed to be great weather from this weekend for a while! Fingers crossed!

My fella loves cartoons. He snuggles up with me (or daddy) and watch’s Peter Rabbit, or Mr Tumble to name a couple. lots of CBeebies here, it’s all we really have apart from iPad where we will look up the same shows or play nursery rhymes. He’s great at letting us know what he wants to see, or what he doesn’t want mainly! Lol

Dry shampoo :D

ill be pretty mowldy after 2weeks!

• Advertisement

Yikes! Did a test this morning and while the line was faint a line is a line.
    If it sticks then I’ll be due number 3 in March 2019!
    Thinking WTF have we done and also were my boobs this bloody sore last time?!
    Just did another test- digital so no room for “is it or isn’t it a line?” And yes there it is “pregnant 1-2 weeks”.
    Gulp.

Just did another test- digital so no room for “is it or isn’t it a line?” And yes there it is “pregnant 1-2 weeks”.
    Gulp.

WOW

Congrats and good luck.

I envy you and pity you in equal measure right now! I bet it will be brilliant though.

Gulp.

Congrats! Im on the fence about number 3 so so far its a no! Will reevaluate in 6 mths.

Hope the pregnancy goes smoothly!

WOW

Congrats and good luck.

I envy you and pity you in equal measure right now! I bet it will be brilliant though.

Thanks 😀 I feel happy and sorry for myself too I have to admit.
    Also a tad shocked at how fast it happened. This was our first attempt at TTC and I’m almost 41.
    When I was trying to get pregnant the first time it took a year!

Thanks �� I feel happy and sorry for myself too I have to admit.
    Also a tad shocked at how fast it happened. This was our first attempt at TTC and I’m almost 41.
    When I was trying to get pregnant the first time it took a year!

Im nearly 41 too and my husband and I were only talking on Sunday about whether or not to "go again"!

Cork had just won the hurling though so we were feeling particularly optimistic ;-)

• Advertisement

Im nearly 41 too and my husband and I were only talking on Sunday about whether or not to "go again"!

Cork had just won the hurling though so we were feeling particularly optimistic ;-)

For a few reasons, my age being the big one it was pretty much now or never (well within reason) for us. I think it’s hilarious that I got pregnant first time!
    Haven’t told my husband yet. I think he might cry and not really tears of joy.
    We’re just about to start building our forever house too.
    I had a miscarriage between my daughter and son ...... no particular reason just one of those things.... so I’m going to stay pretty quiet about this pregnancy until I hit 12 weeks. I’ll also have the harmony test done too to make sure everything is okay.

For a few reasons, my age being the big one it was pretty much now or never (well within reason) for us. I think it’s hilarious that I got pregnant first time!
    Haven’t told my husband yet. I think he might cry and not really tears of joy.
    We’re just about to start building our forever house too.
    I had a miscarriage between my daughter and son ...... no particular reason just one of those things.... so I’m going to stay pretty quiet about this pregnancy until I hit 12 weeks. I’ll also have the harmony test done too to make sure everything is okay.

Awh congratulations! I feel envious! I really wish we could start trying but my husband isn’t really keen for another at the moment. He’s having so much fun with this crazy little man! He will be 2 this weekend and I can’t get it out of my head lately that I’d Like another. I’m worried though as I’m 41 and we had years of trying last time before dong IUI and I don’t think we could afford fertility treatment again and I’m worried it won’t work without it. I would rather not think about it. I don’t want to worry about the ttc bit every month again!

Hope all goes well for you!

Hi ladies, hope all is well with ye.

My two had their 2 year developmental tests today with the PHN and all was fine thank God.

My daughter is on the 9th centile for weight. This is the first time since my 20 week pregnancy scan that her size/weight has not been a cause for concern!!! Can't quite believe that she is a normal weight. All that avocado has paid off ;-)

Hi ladies, hope all is well with ye.

My two had their 2 year developmental tests today with the PHN and all was fine thank God.

My daughter is on the 9th centile for weight. This is the first time since my 20 week pregnancy scan that her size/weight has not been a cause for concern!!! Can't quite believe that she is a normal weight. All that avocado has paid off ;-)

My fella had his developmental check last week and all is great. He has a great range of words now and she was very impressed! He is putting words together and making a lot more sense. Even if people don't understand what he's saying, I tend to and I'm 'translating' a lot now! haha! He's such a funny little boy and has made great progress in creche. They finally moved him into the 'wobbler' room and he's settling in well. We switched it in the mornings so that daddy takes him in, and he has been so much better than when I used to take him in. He was too unsettled with me and cried too much, but with his daddy he is great! Its made me feel so much better.

He's such a good boy usually, but the tantrums are getting more frequent when we go places! If he doesn't want to leave somewhere etc, my God do we all know about it! He is very headstrong, but as I said, he is generally so good and we get a lot of joy out of him :)
    I am still considering another baby, but hubby not sure! I am still worried about the fertility side of things. I am afraid to even start trying to be honest!

Anymore news from anyone else??

Has anyone started potty training yet?
    We haven't, but he starting to take an interest in when we go to the loo, and as they do, follows us in and comments on what we are doing!

I have suggested he sit on the toilet, but he says no! (saying that I don't even have a toddler toilet seat yet, so not much point sitting him on it!)
    I read that its better to not get a separate potty, and to encourage them to just go to the actual toilet.

I am not really looking forward to the training part, I think its the one thing I've always sort of dreaded! I don't think he's quite ready yet, but I think in a couple of months he may be. I think I will get the toilet seat in the meantime.

hope everyone is doing well :)

Has anyone started potty training yet?
    We haven't, but he starting to take an interest in when we go to the loo, and as they do, follows us in and comments on what we are doing!

I have suggested he sit on the toilet, but he says no! (saying that I don't even have a toddler toilet seat yet, so not much point sitting him on it!)
    I read that its better to not get a separate potty, and to encourage them to just go to the actual toilet.

I am not really looking forward to the training part, I think its the one thing I've always sort of dreaded! I don't think he's quite ready yet, but I think in a couple of months he may be. I think I will get the toilet seat in the meantime.

hope everyone is doing well :)

My eldest was very interested from 2 also but was pretty much non verbal and didn't actually train till 3.5 ( very easily in like 2 days, totally ready)
    M is super interested and he's sat on the potty and seat insert but done nothing yet. But im happy to let him explore while he's interested. He's only 2.3 so very young. The younger they are the more likely they are to regress also. I'd actually prefer to wait longer and it be quick. I hear so many people stressing over it for weeks!

M has gotten super sassy recently! Its a lot of no, I do it, go away, leave me alone 😂 he's so strong and capable tho he's loopers!

My eldest was very interested from 2 also but was pretty much non verbal and didn't actually train till 3.5 ( very easily in like 2 days, totally ready)
    M is super interested and he's sat on the potty and seat insert but done nothing yet. But im happy to let him explore while he's interested. He's only 2.3 so very young. The younger they are the more likely they are to regress also. I'd actually prefer to wait longer and it be quick. I hear so many people stressing over it for weeks!

M has gotten super sassy recently! Its a lot of no, I do it, go away, leave me alone �� he's so strong and capable tho he's loopers!

Oh I get a LOT of No's...No Mama, go way...I even got go way Mama, sit in the car!....No idea why he is telling me to sit in the car, but it is hilarious! He loves playing hide & go seek and says 'I get you'. Its so cute! He's mad into nursery rhymes too and LOVES Hickory Dickory dock and just repeats it non stop with all his soft toys.
    His counting is brilliant, he's actually properly counting. He counted all the numbers on the clock yesterday by himself...I was in shock!! :D

I think I'll be waiting a while for the potty training, he doesn't quite understand enough yet, although he is interested, but he's not ready. He peed all over the side of the bath this evening while I was filling it with water! I couldn't get him to the toilet on time! Like you say, I'd rather wait longer and he learns faster. Plenty of time :)

Hope you are well :)

Oh I get a LOT of No's...No Mama, go way...I even got go way Mama, sit in the car!....No idea why he is telling me to sit in the car, but it is hilarious! He loves playing hide & go seek and says 'I get you'. Its so cute! He's mad into nursery rhymes too and LOVES Hickory Dickory dock and just repeats it non stop with all his soft toys.
    His counting is brilliant, he's actually properly counting. He counted all the numbers on the clock yesterday by himself...I was in shock!! :D

I think I'll be waiting a while for the potty training, he doesn't quite understand enough yet, although he is interested, but he's not ready. He peed all over the side of the bath this evening while I was filling it with water! I couldn't get him to the toilet on time! Like you say, I'd rather wait longer and he learns faster. Plenty of time :)

Hope you are well :)

Wow that's impressive! M says 2,4,5 and then jumps 😂 instead of 1,2,3 . scares anyone around him as they don't realise when he's gonna jump at 5! He loves singing to, happy birthday especially. Obsessed with hugs and kisses from everyone and getting tucked in at night. And god help you if you don't share EVERYTHING! Loves fixing things with his toy tool box. He's fascinating, way more layers than my older fella at that age. It was all just cars and trains for him!
    Defiantly being kept in my toes

Wow that's impressive! M says 2,4,5 and then jumps �� instead of 1,2,3 . scares anyone around him as they don't realise when he's gonna jump at 5! He loves singing to, happy birthday especially. Obsessed with hugs and kisses from everyone and getting tucked in at night. And god help you if you don't share EVERYTHING! Loves fixing things with his toy tool box. He's fascinating, way more layers than my older fella at that age. It was all just cars and trains for him!
    Defiantly being kept in my toes

He went from counting 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10...to literally counting the whole way from 1 - 10 yesterday, while pointing at the numbers on the clock. I couldn't believe it!

He's so much fun and is very affectionate, with me especially, and with my mom. He adores his grandma :) He loves naming out all my family and if we ask his name, he tries to say it, as well as both our names! I'm biased, but he is a bright little boy...he doesn't get it from me anyway LOL

I'm still in two minds about trying for another. One minute I really want another baby, then after a long tiring day I can't imagine it and think, no way. He was sick last week and when you have a long week of late nights etc, you think, nope, can't do it. But I do still want another, I think!

Hi to you all & happy new year! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Our little man definitely had more of an awareness of it and was very happy with how spoilt he got! He keeps asking where the Christmas tree is now we've put it away!

He's a total chatterbox, and has really started talking a lot better in the last few weeks. He's a sponge and literally will repeat anything we say, so we have to be VERY careful now!!

He's getting on great in creche, such a turnaround to a few months ago. He's eating a lot better, he'll try more things than he used to thankfully. And his appetite is getting bigger, and he's able to tell me when he's hungry and what he wants! He had a tantrum last night before bed because we said he couldn't have a yoghurt! lol

We have been discussing another baby lately! Up to now its just been something I've been thinking about, but now we are thinking we might go for it! I am worried about the whole trying again and how long it might take. My big worry is if we have to end up doing fertility again. I might start doing some reflexology or fertility massage and I'm going to start taking more folic acid too, just in case! I do worry how we'll manage with another, but I do want to have one more. I'll just have to be prepared that it might not happen though.

hope everyone well from the July 2016 club!

• Advertisement

Happy New Year!

M is doing great too, still loves his food, still wont shut up :D

Hes starting gymnastics on Thursday, I think hell do great since hes so strong and fearless. And ive signed him up for ECCE starting Sept! I cant believe hes gonna be big enough for that.

He definitely has the tantrum thing down! Usually its over sweets which hes addicted too, ive to be very careful and hide them all! He had a meltdown today because he seperated 2 yougurts, and he wanted 2 stuck together, but they were the last two! I hate when i cant fix things like that so we had to ride it out! not fun!

Hi to you all & happy new year! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Our little man definitely had more of an awareness of it and was very happy with how spoilt he got! He keeps asking where the Christmas tree is now we've put it away!

He's a total chatterbox, and has really started talking a lot better in the last few weeks. He's a sponge and literally will repeat anything we say, so we have to be VERY careful now!!

He's getting on great in creche, such a turnaround to a few months ago. He's eating a lot better, he'll try more things than he used to thankfully. And his appetite is getting bigger, and he's able to tell me when he's hungry and what he wants! He had a tantrum last night before bed because we said he couldn't have a yoghurt! lol

We have been discussing another baby lately! Up to now its just been something I've been thinking about, but now we are thinking we might go for it! I am worried about the whole trying again and how long it might take. My big worry is if we have to end up doing fertility again. I might start doing some reflexology or fertility massage and I'm going to start taking more folic acid too, just in case! I do worry how we'll manage with another, but I do want to have one more. I'll just have to be prepared that it might not happen though.

hope everyone well from the July 2016 club!

Hey there, we have spent quite a bit of time talking about whether or not to go again and have just recently decided not to. I am a little heartbroken by the decision, but I know it is the right one for us. That said, if I had a singleton rather than twins (and if I could be guaranteed that I wouldn't have another set out twins!) I would definitely go again. I have no doubt that if you go for it you will cope, we have amazing capacity to cope I think!!

My two are great craic at this stage, though they are full on!!! It is so cool to be able to chat with them now, and they crack me up listening to them talk to each other. I am working 3 1/2 days a week and with them the rest of the time so it is full on, but I am really blessed to have this time with them. I think we will send them to ECCE next September, though I freak out at the thought of them starting "school"!

Hi, it’s great to see everyone doing so well and their (not so) little ones are flying along.
    My little boy is one great big ball of energy and we’ve just gotten his toilet training done and dusted which is great. For a few weeks I’ll have no nappies at all- my daughter is 4.5 and he is 2.5 and I’m 32 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby.

Hi, it’s great to see everyone doing so well and their (not so) little ones are flying along.
    My little boy is one great big ball of energy and we’ve just gotten his toilet training done and dusted which is great. For a few weeks I’ll have no nappies at all- my daughter is 4.5 and he is 2.5 and I’m 32 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby.
    Wow well done on training!! MayAns on baby no. 3! My older fella was 3.5 before he trained. I'm gonna try at Easter with M.

Wow well done on training!! MayAns on baby no. 3! My older fella was 3.5 before he trained. I'm gonna try at Easter with M.

I decided to train him earlier than his sister- she was closer to 3 years old. I thought it a good idea to try it now at least as I didn’t want to do it too close to the baby being born and then we’re moving house in June too so hat will be another disruption for him.
    He got it so quickly I’m delighted. It’s been just one week since I started training him and he had no wee accidents at all after the first day / day and a half. It took him a little longer to get the whole sensation of #2 and also being patient enough to sit on the toilet or potty for long enough to give it a chance. Yesterday was his first successful day with that and today he was totally on the ball with it and had an accident free day

I decided to train him earlier than his sister- she was closer to 3 years old. I thought it a good idea to try it now at least as I didn’t want to do it too close to the baby being born and then we’re moving house in June too so hat will be another disruption for him.
    He got it so quickly I’m delighted. It’s been just one week since I started training him and he had no wee accidents at all after the first day / day and a half. It took him a little longer to get the whole sensation of #2 and also being patient enough to sit on the toilet or potty for long enough to give it a chance. Yesterday was his first successful day with that and today he was totally on the ball with it and had an accident free day

I am planning to wait until he’s nearly 3, but I am trying to get the idea of it in his head by asking if he wants to use the toilet like we do etc. He’s not interested! At least it will be summer by then so a bit easier with no vests etc.
    I’m not looking forward to this bit though! My friend is training her 3 year old at the moment and is finding it tough!

Has anyone moved theirs from the cot to the bed/cot bed? He’s getting a bit funny about the cot, he’s said he doesn’t like it! We can take the sides down so he doesn’t need a proper bed just yet. But I don’t think he would stay lying down! Not sure if he’s ready yet, maybe in another couple of months.

I am planning to wait until he’s nearly 3, but I am trying to get the idea of it in his head by asking if he wants to use the toilet like we do etc. He’s not interested! At least it will be summer by then so a bit easier with no vests etc.
    I’m not looking forward to this bit though! My friend is training her 3 year old at the moment and is finding it tough!

Has anyone moved theirs from the cot to the bed/cot bed? He’s getting a bit funny about the cot, he’s said he doesn’t like it! We can take the sides down so he doesn’t need a proper bed just yet. But I don’t think he would stay lying down! Not sure if he’s ready yet, maybe in another couple of months.

I must be the pushiest Mammy in the world. I moved him from his cot to a bed in April. It was earlier than I’d done with his sister but it suited as I had a few weeks off work and was going to be at home with him in case there were sleepless nights, etc. It actually worked out a dream.
    With regard to the toilet training I just told him about being a big boy like his daddy and a grown up like me and his sister by using the toilet. Sometimes he was all over it and other times he couldn’t have been less interested. I just said that the fairies would come and take his nappies away one night after Christmas and they’d leave knickers/ pants for him instead and big grown up vests too.
    He loved that.
    Also I used bribery shamelessly and for each wee in the toilet/ potty he got two jelly tots and a sticker on his star chart. For a poo he’d get a chocolate from the box of celebrations. When that was starting to take a little longer to come together I bought a toy in Smyths and told him that when he did that the fairies would tell me where they’d left a special surprise for him. It worked a treat.
    I also got the child sized toilet seats (they’re on special in Aldi at the minute as part of their baby event) that are part of the proper household toilet seat and it means he can sit on the seat without fear of falling in and feels like he is really a big boy by using it rather than the potty.

with my eldest i had to put the pressure on training at 3.5 as he needed to start preschool. I knew he was physically ready, and actually pooped on the toilet numerous times while on holiday but just psychologically couldnt get his head around it at home. He couldnt care less about stickers, so we had to go down the jelly route, with a toy from smyths for the first poop in the toilet. and also we said there just wernt any more nappies any more! This was after exhausting all gentle ways of doing it tho! he took to it really well tho once he cooperated, and i think we had a total of 3 wee accidents in one week and then nothing since.

Weve had the potties in the bathrooms for a good few months now and M has weed in them a couple of times, before bath time etc, just trying to get him to sit still long enough to go will be an issue!

We are assembling the bunk beds next week for the boys! Its a long time coming i just didnt want to do it over xmas. will have to put a stairgate on their door tho!

with my eldest i had to put the pressure on training at 3.5 as he needed to start preschool. I knew he was physically ready, and actually pooped on the toilet numerous times while on holiday but just psychologically couldnt get his head around it at home. He couldnt care less about stickers, so we had to go down the jelly route, with a toy from smyths for the first poop in the toilet. and also we said there just wernt any more nappies any more! This was after exhausting all gentle ways of doing it tho! he took to it really well tho once he cooperated, and i think we had a total of 3 wee accidents in one week and then nothing since.

Weve had the potties in the bathrooms for a good few months now and M has weed in them a couple of times, before bath time etc, just trying to get him to sit still long enough to go will be an issue!

We are assembling the bunk beds next week for the boys! Its a long time coming i just didnt want to do it over xmas. will have to put a stairgate on their door tho!

I know with my two, my son especially he’d have lost the plot if I’d put a stair gate on the bedroom door. I’ve just used the Gro Clock- sun up you get up sun down it’s bedtime.
    For about 3 or 4 nights/ early mornings he came in to us and I had to be very disciplined about saying “sun is still asleep it’s back to bed until he comes up” and returning Sam to bed with no other interaction. It’s worked a great though.

• Advertisement

I know with my two, my son especially he’d have lost the plot if I’d put a stair gate on the bedroom door. I’ve just used the Gro Clock- sun up you get up sun down it’s bedtime.
    For about 3 or 4 nights/ early mornings he came in to us and I had to be very disciplined about saying “sun is still asleep it’s back to bed until he comes up” and returning Sam to bed with no other interaction. It’s worked a great though.

I was thinking of getting one of those gro clocks when we take off the sides of the cot! He is quite good at knowing when it’s dark or light, so if we can convince him to know when it’s bright enough to get up we will be happy! When he’s ok in the cot bed we can get a proper bed for him. If we have another baby I’ll have to move him anyway!

Advertisement