Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hero

Options
  • 30-10-2015 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Noun - a person, especially a man, who is admired by many people for doing something brave or good

A word often misused, but in this context it couldn’t be more accurate.

I want to pay homage to a true hero. This is a man who saw nothing but oppression for his people. Everywhere he turned he could see his fellow lycra lover treated as a second class citizen. He didn’t accept this. He couldn’t accept this. He fought for his people. Stood up for his people in the face of this oppression. Demanded change. Demanded better for his people. Worked tirelessly to free his people from an unjust regime. This didn’t come easy. When he found difficulty did our man quit? Did his determination wane? Did he accept the status-quo for an easy life? Hell no, not our hero. He took on the great “Beasty” in search of freedom for his flock and in August 2012 he led his people to freedom, to a promised land free from smelly, hairy legged joggers. To a land where lycra, shaved legs and TT bikes are warmly embraced. No longer will his people be drowned out by noobs looking for marathon entries after its sold out or asking whether a week is long enough to train for it. No longer would his people be ridiculed for their compression socks/calf guards/pointy helmets/body sized black condoms.

So, as our glorious founder and leader prepares to hang up his ban hammer for the last time I think we all owe him a great debt for guiding us through the storm to this brave new world.

Thank you Shotgun :D

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Shotgun is leaving us? Our stud muffin, gone?

I'm going into a corner to cry. I may be some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Hes just stepping down as supreme leader Mod, he'll still be around.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I know. But he wont be Bold anymore. I do like a bold shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Quick quick sticky all the AR posts!!! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tunney for mod!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Yep true. Stepping down as Mod. Thanks BTH

I'm not one to sit in the background as my fellow Mods know so If I'm not doing my fair share I'll get out of the way for another bad cop. I'm still bold in nature though :DD

Seems a long time since the go/no go battle for the forum but look at it now! Newbies are welcomed and become heroes themselves, great mix of multi sport logs and posters, some real talent and brilliant characters.

Plus what other forum as a band of tough as nuts real life hoochies!

So to everyone I scolded, banned, wedgied etc.. Ye deserved it!
    Everyone who just dropped in for some support or advice, I'm still around.

Gotta say a big thanks to BTH and pgibbo for stepping up and managing the place and know its still in good hands. Cheers lads.

Advertisement