Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never received phone after being repaired

Options
  • 30-10-2015 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Sent my Motorola phone for repairs at the beginning of September. The phone was still under warranty, so the repair was meant to be free. Its been nearly 2 months now and the phone hasn't arrived back yet, despite it being dispatched by Fonfix on the 15th of September. I have no idea where it is now and Fonfix won't give me any information as it is under Supercovers name (some insurance company). I'm unsure how they are involved at all...

I have contacted Motorola 3 times, who told me they were 'escalating' the issue, but I've yet to hear a single thing back from them. They previously told me that Fonfix aren't responding to their messages.

Does anybody have any idea how I can proceed with this, or any legal basis I may have? I'm just so frustrated with the whole scenario, all I want is my phone back. I would appreciate any advice you might have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Whomever you gave the phone to (shop or Motorola) is responsible for sorting out this mess by either getting your phone back without further delay or giving you a replacement/refund instead. Legally you are entitled to have any repair done without significant inconvenience. A few weeks is ok but a 2 month delay is beyond reasonable for a phone.

Go back to whomever is looking after the warranty claim and tell them you expect either your phone back, or a equivalent replacement or its value within 10 working days or you'll open a case in the Small Claims Court. Any excuses about getting no replies to messages etc is of no concern to you and has no bearing on their responsibility to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Whomever you gave the phone to (shop or Motorola) is responsible for sorting out this mess by either getting your phone back without further delay or giving you a replacement/refund instead. Legally you are entitled to have any repair done without significant inconvenience. A few weeks is ok but a 2 month delay is beyond reasonable for a phone.

Go back to whomever is looking after the warranty claim and tell them you expect either your phone back, or a equivalent replacement or its value within 10 working days or you'll open a case in the Small Claims Court. Any excuses about getting no replies to messages etc is of no concern to you and has no bearing on their responsibility to you.

Thanks for the advice, just what I needed to hear. Will contact Motorola immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why are you dealing with Motorola? I would deal only with who I bought the phone off, let them have full responsibility for sorting it and nobody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,995 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why are you dealing with Motorola? I would deal only with who I bought the phone off, let them have full responsibility for sorting it and nobody else.

Bit late now though.

I bought the phone from Amazon UK, but the warranty was with Motorola. Since I was getting the phone fixed through Motorola under that warranty, would they not now take responsibility?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I bought the phone from Amazon UK, but the warranty was with Motorola. Since I was getting the phone fixed through Motorola under that warranty, would they not now take responsibility?

What did you do with the phone to get it repaired?, by that I mean did you send it off to someone or bring it to someone nominated by Motorola? Whichever you did is who you should write to following slimjimmc's advice above. Give them 10 days to sort it or go to the small claims. You would probably be best sending the letter by registered post.

Just a follow up on this.

I sent Motorola an email outlining my legal rights, to which I got no immediate reply. On the 9th working day however, they emailed me to say that Fonfix had located the phone and the delay was due to me "not including my return address", which is a load of B.S. They dispatched the phone the next morning at 6 and I received it that evening.

Just want to say thanks to those who offered advice, would probably still be waiting if I hadn't sent that email.

Advertisement