Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

found rc car

Options
  • 30-10-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hey, i found an rc car at work. Now i have no clue about them so ill attach some pics. Havnt attempted to start it as iv no idea what fuel to use. When i pull the cord it makes a similar gurgaling noise to pulling the cord on a chaimsaw.

Basically just wondering if theres any point in me trying to get it going or not
    Thanks for any info

Ill try get pics up, im on my phone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

First off let me say it's an expensive hobby. Be prepared to spend a lot of money soon!

I've no idea what specific make or model that is but it's a 1:10 scale nitro in any case. You'll need an air filter, nitro fuel, radio gear, probably a new glow plug, a glow plug spanner, batteries/charger maybe...

It'll help you a lot if you could meet up with someone who could check it over and give you some hands-on help etc. Nitro engines are often hard to start and tuned if you're inexperienced and it could easily dampen your enthusiasm.

And beware the hop-up bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

T-Maxx wrote: »
    First off let me say it's an expensive hobby. Be prepared to spend a lot of money soon!

I've no idea what specific make or model that is but it's a 1:10 scale nitro in any case. You'll need an air filter, nitro fuel, radio gear, probably a new glow plug, a glow plug spanner, batteries/charger maybe...

It'll help you a lot if you could meet up with someone who could check it over and give you some hands-on help etc. Nitro engines are often hard to start and tuned if you're inexperienced and it could easily dampen your enthusiasm.

And beware the hop-up bug.

Cheers for the info, ill have a look and see if i can find any names or markings on it. Is there a way of testing any of the parts? Or anything i should look for that would completely ruin it?

The engine block says cen nt-16 and what looks like a throtle body says servo srm102 sanwa. Other than that i cant see any markings

Ok so it's a Cen car. Start the Google box!

Did you get the radio transmitter as well? Without it you won't be able to test the electronics. You can work the throttle by hand and test the engine if you have fuel and a glow plug warmer.

The transmitters sanwa too, ill see if i can pick up some fuel over the weekend and see what happens. From inspection everything looks to be moving as it should, nothing siezed or broken so thats a good start

• Advertisement

From google i think its a cen subaru offroad. Not 100% on the model but it does have the blue crash foam the rtr has

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/301680551115?_mwBanner=1

I think thats the reciever in it. Is it possible to get a remote or would i have to buy a remote and reciever??

I thought you got the transmitter as well? (post 6)

You need a transmitter and receiver, both of them need a crystal of the same frequency, unless it's the newer 2.4ghz. The older am radio gear is cheap and cheerful nowadays.

No i didnt get the transmitter i ment to say reciever sorry. Theres a very cheap 3 chanel one on hobbyking with a reciever. Around €20. Could do for testing?

Advertisement