Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scheduling an eir Fibre installation without a mobile number?

Options
  • 30-10-2015 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am moving from the US to Killaloe in a week or so, and I'd like to schedule an installation of eir Fibre service at my new address. However, the online order form seems to require an Irish mobile number and will not accept my US phone number. I do not currently have an Irish number and will not have one until sometime on the week of November 9th, but I'd like to have service installed the week of November 9th if possible (and it seems the earliest available install dates are always 2+ weeks away). Is there any way to schedule an installation now without an Irish mobile number and then update the order with my number after I obtain an Irish mobile phone (so the installer can contact me the day of, etc.)?

Thanks,

Dennis Kennedy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

dennyk wrote: »
    Hello,

I am moving from the US to Killaloe in a week or so, and I'd like to schedule an installation of eir Fibre service at my new address. However, the online order form seems to require an Irish mobile number and will not accept my US phone number. I do not currently have an Irish number and will not have one until sometime on the week of November 9th, but I'd like to have service installed the week of November 9th if possible (and it seems the earliest available install dates are always 2+ weeks away). Is there any way to schedule an installation now without an Irish mobile number and then update the order with my number after I obtain an Irish mobile phone (so the installer can contact me the day of, etc.)?

Thanks,

Dennis Kennedy
    Hi dennyk

If you contact sales from abroad on 0035316714444 (ask to be forwarded to sales) an agent should be able to take your order and we can update with the number at a later time. Just to note, there is a cost variance between online orders and those which are placed over a call.

I would highly recommend supplying a friends phone number (obviously with their permission) in this event but that's completely your choice.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭dennyk

Thank you, Al, that worked a treat; I called and got an account set up and my install scheduled for November 11th. Appreciate the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

dennyk wrote: »
    Thank you, Al, that worked a treat; I called and got an account set up and my install scheduled for November 11th. Appreciate the advice!
    Good to hear this denny k. If you should need any help in the future just let us know.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Good to see you got sorted Denny, I hadn't any issue ordering mine last week with my Verizon number so hopefully yours goes through without any hitches either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Good to see you got sorted Denny, I hadn't any issue ordering mine last week with my Verizon number so hopefully yours goes through without any hitches either ;)
    Good to hear this too Ah-Watch :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement