Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Villa 8:00pm Monday 2nd November

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I find it hard to complain about the first half performance. An early goal to settle the nerves, a goal just before HT to finish them off and all the possession in between. We reduced one of their players to just 8 touches, 4 while taking tip offs.

The second half was Stoke and Anderlecht all over again. We lost the urgency and drive to push for more, we sat back, the crowd got bored and fell silent... then mistakes started being made on the pitch - prompting Villa to attack.

At 2-1 it was anyone's game. Our first half dominance meant nothing.

We badly need to learn how to kill games off. We have the highest number of draws in the league, which is pathetic. What separates us from the top two is that Arsenal and City only have 1 draw.

Coming out at for the second half, our players should have been hungry for the 3rd. If Poch can address that lack of a killer instinct, then I think we have a pretty bright future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The second half was Stoke and Anderlecht all over again. We lost the urgency and drive to push for more, we sat back, the crowd got bored and fell silent... then mistakes started being made on the pitch - prompting Villa to attack.

This is spot on, reminded me so much of the Anderlecht game. Pochettino looked furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

This was a horrible game to watch for fans, for neutrals it must have been dire altogether. I am hoping the lack of energy that was apparent for most of the game is down to having 3 games in 6 days. With Chelski struggling badly and Leicester in a CL spot I would have thought the route to CL next year is through league position not the dreaded See Every Bit of Europa League. Poch should rest everybody who played last night and give it the two fingers it sdeserves.

On a side note, Spurs are doomed to Thursday night / Sunday football all winter yet, with no game at all in midweek last week we had to wait until Monday to play when we have a game on Thursday. What madness is this??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

That goal difference though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

That goal difference though

Hah. I was just savouring the same thing. Enjoy it while it lasts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Sorted tickets for a fella for this game. Brought his 9 year old to the Lane for the first time. Got a text from him to say that on the flight home that a women sitting behind them saw the young lads Kane shirts she asked if they were at the game. They said yes and that it was the kid's first game. She took a programme from her bag signed by both teams and gave it to him. Turned out that she's Harry Kanes first cousin.
    Kid's on air!

Advertisement