Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1440p 144hz Gaming Setup

Options
  • 30-10-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Primarily just looking for advice on graphics card setup here. I have a 27" 1440p 144hz FreeSync monitor and want to find the ideal graphics setup. At the moment I'm running GTX 970 in SLI which isn't really ideal considering the lack of FreeSync and the restricted VRAM for higher res.

Primarily play CSGO and I'm just about reaching 144 fps at the moment in 80% of scenarios. Some maps seem to be less optimised. This is without an overclock.

I'm considering replacing the two 970s out for two 390s as this seems like the logical swap. Before taking the leap I'd like to know if there is a better single card setup for 144hz CS. I imagine FreeSync will allow most other games to be pretty smooth at lower FPS.

TL;DR Is there a single card AMD setup that will be playable at 144hz 1440p?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Fury X is the best AMD card. It won't play every game maxed out at 144FPS but if you reduce settings a bit it should get close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

The Fury X is the best AMD card. It won't play every game maxed out at 144FPS but if you reduce settings a bit it should get close.

I remember when the Fury X was released it didnt impress me so had not even considered it. However looking at that card now is making me consider it. Obviously the reduced noise and heat is a serious bonus over other alternatives. I could get one with an option of crossfire in the future.

Hmm.. Decisions decisions..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

which monitor did you go for?

Skerries wrote: »
    which monitor did you go for?

Have an Acer XG270HU (144hz) and a QNIX QX2710 (OC to 96hz). Acer is my primary monitor.

Been looking around a lot of today..

Planning on getting:
    i5 6600k
    H100i GTX
    16GB DDR4 2400Mhz
    256GB NVME SSD m.2

Already got:
    MSI Z170A Gaming M5
    850w EVGA PSU Gold

For a case I'm looking at the NZXT Noctis 450. Looks very nice and matches the red colour scheme of the mobo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement