Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Liverpool 12.45 BT Sport 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Excellent strike from Coutinho there. Nice to see a quality player producing out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Now that it's half time, while Milner hasn't been great he has at least shown for the ball and not gone into hiding like Emre Can, I'm struggling to recall a more "scared" midfield performance over recent years. He has shown nothing, isn't demanding the ball, constantly just standing still and pointing where he thinks Sakho, Lucas and Skrtel should be passing the ball.

I agree. He's been rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Jos left hanging for a high 5 after their goal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

AdamD wrote: »
    There will be a MINIMUM of 2 minutes added time.

Before people start moaning

I'm a neutral, but in fairness if the shoe was on the other foot there would be murder in here. That "minimum" is to justify extra time being added for another substitution, goal etc. There was no reason for the time to go above 2 mins here. It is enjoyable seeing Mourinho rage though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought that goal was a little controversial seeing as it was over 2 minutes of injury time. There didn't seem to be any reason to add anymore time on.

Liverpool were in the final third just when the two minutes of injury time was up and I thought to myself fair play to the ref for not blowing it up with a team on the attack but then they lost the ball and Chelsea had possession and were trying to clear it, the whistle should have went then imo. Just after that Liverpool got the ball back and it was a great finish from Coutinho but I don't think the game should have still being going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If Benteke comes on then Milner could do well, he puts in some good crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

id still take coutinho off,shocking bar the goal,him or milner off,get benteke on and we mgt steal a win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I know but it's very very very rare that it goes over it in the first half. He had plenty times to blow before the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I know that, you know that, we all know that, but Jose's still going to complain about it.

In fairness, he could have a point though. There's wasn't anything in those 2 minutes to justify the extra time.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The commentator on Premier League Pass was throwing a hissy fit about the time. And then started crying about the extra time added after the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

id still take coutinho off,shocking bar the goal,him or milner off,get benteke on and we mgt steal a win

Steal, with Benteke on, you should expect to win this. Chelsea are there for the taking and then some. Don't know what is going at the bridge but this Chelsea team stinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Jurgen time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We need these clever players on pitch. It's why we had most of the ball.
    Need to be patient .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Watching the match on an American channel and the commentator was question and giving out that the goal was scored after 2 minutes of added time, annoying to think someone is being paid to commentate on a sport and don't know a simple rule such as added time!

From a neutral point Liverpool have been head and shoulders better, pains me to say that :P. Thought Chelsea were going to be back to their best after such a start but it doesn't appear to be the case.

If Chelsea don't improve in the second half things will only get worse for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

To read this thread, you'd swear it was a filthy match full of diving.

The ball was in the middle of the pitch when it hit 47 minutes, we were fortunate to have the game continue but at the same time, play to the whistle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Benteke for Lallana before the hour and we will win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

45 minutes and Jose could be packing his bags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'm a neutral, but in fairness if the shoe was on the other foot there would be murder in here. That "minimum" is to justify extra time being added for another substitution, goal etc. There was no reason for the time to go above 2 mins here. It is enjoyable seeing Mourinho rage though.
    eagle eye wrote: »
    I thought that goal was a little controversial seeing as it was over 2 minutes of injury time. There didn't seem to be any reason to add anymore time on.

Liverpool were in the final third just when the two minutes of injury time was up and I thought to myself fair play to the ref for not blowing it up with a team on the attack but then they lost the ball and Chelsea had possession and were trying to clear it, the whistle should have went then imo. Just after that Liverpool got the ball back and it was a great finish from Coutinho but I don't think the game should have still being going on.
    For clarity: I'm not a Liverpool fan.

Maybe Clattenburg wanted 2 and a half minutes added on, in which case what does he do? He says minimum of 2 minutes. Minimum of 2 minutes doesn't mean 2 minutes + any potential time wasted during added on time, it means minimum of 2 minutes. Pet hate of mine.

• Advertisement

Howard Webb saying he believes the whistle should have been blown before the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Why are people watching this on BT and not espn... the dulcet tones of Lee Dixon.

Because BT is the only legal way to view the game in the Island

Funny how added time lands exactly on a number, 1 ,2 ,3 4, never 2 mins 48 secs .
    3 mins 24 secs ...
    The argument about the added time is silly.

Maybe Clattenburg wanted 2 and a half minutes added on, in which case what does he do? He says minimum of 2 minutes. Minimum of 2 minutes doesn't mean 2 minutes + any potential time wasted during added on time, it means minimum of 2 minutes. Pet hate of mine.
    No, a minimum of time is so that he can play on if there is anything that happens during that extra time which holds up play.

There was nothing in the extra time that would lead to more time being added on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

35% Ball Possession 65%
    1 Goal Attempts 7
    1 Shots on Goal 4
    0 Shots off Goal 2
    0 Blocked Shots 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Howard Webb saying he believes the whistle should have been blown before the goal.

A United fan would say that.

• Advertisement

Not the first time added time was more than the 2 mins shown on board.
    Play to the whostle.

In fairness if it was the other way round I would be raging. Refs never play anymore than the alloated time in the first half.

A United fan would say that.
    Yeah but a professional referee would not, especially one getting paid to give his opinion.

ScummyMan wrote: »

Well the referee is entitled to allow the play to continue when they feel one team is in an attacking situation, which it would appear Clattenburg was right :P, the whistle goes when the ball is in a neutral area.

What was it an extra 25-30 seconds, that's fairly standard and it's only the fact that there was an equaliser and (mainly) that it happened to Mourinho that it will gain any sort of attention at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It deffo should have been blow after Chelsea's last touch. I'll take that kinda bad luck and or bad reffing all day if it means we get another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Willian really is the only Chelsea player of any threat.

No changes, I was certain Benteke would be on

The was game time after our goal, so that shows there was even more time to be played.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Hazard out wide now, that will obviously prevent Clyne attacking as much as he would like.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Well the referee is entitled to allow the play to continue when they feel one team is in an attacking situation, which it would appear Clattenburg was right :P, the whistle goes when the ball is in a neutral area.

What was it an extra 25-30 seconds, that's fairly standard and it's only the fact that there was an equaliser and (mainly) that it happened to Mourinho that it will gain any sort of attention at all.
    Liverpool were in an attacking situation and then lost the ball after the 2 minutes had expired, the whistle should have went then before Liverpool got the ball back.

No changes, I was certain Benteke would be on

Not after that equaliser.

Also, how fit is he is anyone's guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The ref should've blown for HT.

However, Chelsea can only blame themselves. Just defend for 30 more seconds.

Huge gap between Sakhos legs that Costa filled .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Jurgen time

Kloppage time even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Milner too slow unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Was it Chelsea who had that complaint against cattenberg years ago and he was suspended but found not guilty in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Milner too slow unfortunately

not the paciest player :rolleyes: understatement of the century.

but he can run 12k in 90 mins though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Blast, that mightve worked out better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He says 3 mins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Klopptime???

What's the story with Chelsea. Getting completely outplayed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Lukker- wrote: »
    He says 3 mins?

Makes no sense. Can't say a minimum of 3 minutes then blow it up after 2 and a half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Sakho blessed there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Chelsea looking constantly ropey

• Advertisement

Liverpool were in an attacking situation and then lost the ball after the 2 minutes had expired, the whistle should have went then before Liverpool got the ball back.

Honestly don't agree that the whistle "should have went" when it hit 2 minutes, but I suppose it's different opinions.

I'm not even a Liverpool fan but whenever added time is put up its always a minimum and watching games every week you see it going higher that the states time, nothing too new there, all up to the referee.

Really think it's a mountain out of a mole hill to give out about Liverool getting a goal from the referee allowing an extra 25-30 seconds of football.

Last I'll say about it as its a pretty small thing in my mind, but since it's Mourinho no doubt we'll hear all about it after the game and on MOTD (queue Alan Shearer reading out the definition of added time and then discussing it :P)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement