Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query pay rate - adult education sector

• 30-10-2015 6:27pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knew what the hourly rate is for resource work in the adult and education sector?

I'm a newly qualified teacher and am trying to get my foot in the door! I've been offered a few hours paid resource work in the school I'd love to teach in. I have no idea what the rate is for this type of work though, I'm assuming it is not at the same rate as teaching or subbing??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭CraftySue

Be very careful - is it resource teaching, or resource person / worker. If its resource teacher, you should be paid as a teacher, if its resource worker / person - I think that part time rate is approximately €14 per hour, if its full time the starting salary is €27,000 for 37 hours, 20 of which is teaching. Also be aware any teaching done as a resource person/worker is not recognised as teaching, if you move onto to a teaching job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

CraftySue wrote: »
    Be very careful - is it resource teaching, or resource person / worker. If its resource teacher, you should be paid as a teacher, if its resource worker / person - I think that part time rate is approximately €14 per hour, if its full time the starting salary is €27,000 for 37 hours, 20 of which is teaching. Also be aware any teaching done as a resource person/worker is not recognised as teaching, if you move onto to a teaching job.

there's a worrying trend in adult ed lately of offering non youthreach work at the youthreach resource worker scale. Ive seen management posts and literacy positions advertised as "resource workers" ie paid a bottom end of the scale 14 euro per hour. Nothing to do with youthrech for which this scale was originally created.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Thanks everyone, as far as I know it's HEA resource work. Not sure if that makes any difference though. To be honest just glad of any paid hours at the minute!

Advertisement