Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to make contact with someone in BoI Finance urgently.

Options
  • 30-10-2015 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I have received two letters from a <snip> in BoI Finance requesting urgent contact. The phone number she gives is a generic one. I have rang on several occasions and been kept waiting for ages, never actually getting to speak to an operator. I sent an email on 21.10.2015 and was contacted by a <snip> on 28.10.2015, and believed all was sorted. Now today another letter from <snip> with an even more strident tone arrived (dated 23.10.2015, slowest post ever!). Can anyone please have this lady contact me as a matter of urgency? Failing that, can I have a DIRECT DIAL phone number or direct email address for her?
    This has been my first experience of dealing with Bank of Ireland and it has been a disaster so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Dude, remove your personal details, this is a public forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,571 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Eh this is a public forum, I wouldn't post mobile or contract numbers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bowman13

Dude, remove your personal details, this is a public forum!
    Thanks, I thought it was direct to BoI.

Thanks...
    Eh this is a public forum, I wouldn't post mobile or contract numbers here.Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Bowman13 wrote: »
    Hi, I have received two letters from a <snip> in BoI Finance requesting urgent contact. The phone number she gives is a generic one. I have rang on several occasions and been kept waiting for ages, never actually getting to speak to an operator. I sent an email on 21.10.2015 and was contacted by a <snip> on 28.10.2015, and believed all was sorted. Now today another letter from <snip> with an even more strident tone arrived (dated 23.10.2015, slowest post ever!). Can anyone please have this lady contact me as a matter of urgency? Failing that, can I have a DIRECT DIAL phone number or direct email address for her?
    This has been my first experience of dealing with Bank of Ireland and it has been a disaster so far.
    Hi Bowman13,

We're sorry to hear you're first experience with us as not gone as smoothly as it should. From reading your post, the letter dated 23rd was already in the postal system when you spoke to a representative on the 28th. We would expect you can now disregard the letter dated 23rd. If you need to confirm this is the case, it would be necessary to contact BOI Finance directly. 

Bank of Ireland Finance can be contacted on 1890 66 44 66 or customer@bif.ie and don't have individual direct dials or email addresses. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Tara[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi Bowman13,

We're sorry to hear you're first experience with us as not gone as smoothly as it should. From reading your post, the letter dated 23rd was already in the postal system when you spoke to a representative on the 28th. We would expect you can now disregard the letter dated 23rd. If you need to confirm this is the case, it would be necessary to contact BOI Finance directly. 

Bank of Ireland Finance can be contacted on 1890 66 44 66 or email snipped and don't have individual direct dials or email addresses. 

Thanks for the reply, Tara. Unfortunately the reply does not address my question at all. The date on the letter was 23 Oct but I got it on 30th Oct. There is no way that letter was posted on 23rd; I get mail the next day from anywhere in Ireland. Therefore it was put in the post AFTER my contact of 28th. If you are in BoI I would ask that you send an internal email to the individual who sent me two letters, and ask them to phone me. I will provide all the information you want in a PM, with your permission. It is very important to me that this direct contact is made. I worked in a similar system to your one in the past and I know how ineffective that system can be sometimes. BTW, I have tried to ring the phone number you quoted and have never actually got through. I emailed the address you gave but got an anodyne answer that did not solve the problem. Direct contact is the only answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭mcw92

Thanks for the reply, Tara. Unfortunately the reply does not address my question at all. The date on the letter was 23 Oct but I got it on 30th Oct. There is no way that letter was posted on 23rd; I get mail the next day from anywhere in Ireland. Therefore it was put in the post AFTER my contact of 28th. If you are in BoI I would ask that you send an internal email to the individual who sent me two letters, and ask them to phone me. I will provide all the information you want in a PM, with your permission. It is very important to me that this direct contact is made. I worked in a similar system to your one in the past and I know how ineffective that system can be sometimes. BTW, I have tried to ring the phone number you quoted and have never actually got through. I emailed the address you gave but got an anodyne answer that did not solve the problem. Direct contact is the only answer.
    The 23rd was a Friday, I would assume it went into their post out then. 
    With the Monday being a Bank Holiday, it was not processed until Tuesday, 27th, collected via post service on the 27th and ready for the system. 
    It arriving on the 30th, 3 days later, is entirely normal. Not all post will be delivered within 1/2 days, sometimes there are issues that can cause delays/slowness.

Just my two cents on the matter.

I would normally be reasonable about An Post and deliveries, but another communication from the same lady also took a week to reach me from the 'issue date' - and there was no holiday involved. Just saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I had the same experience with postage from boi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

BOI are an absolute nightmare to contact. Even if you were given direct numbers they never answer them or reply to the voicemail you leave. Same story with email. They do not want to deal with queries from public which is evident from their highly "automated" systems these days.
    I don't know what your exact issue is but record all contact you have tried to make to them in relation to your issue and throw it back at them when they decide to make more of an effort

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Bowman13,

Bank of Ireland Finance can be contacted on 1890 66 44 66 or email snipped and don't have individual direct dials or email addresses. 

Hi Bowman13,

I'm sorry to hear you feel I have not answered your query. As correctly mentioned by mcw92, the bank holiday would have impacted the time it took to receive the letter. All post issued from Bank of Ireland also goes through our central mailing center and then to An Post. 

If you need to clarify this with BOI Finance, you will need to contact them directly on the details provided above. 

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Bowman13,

Hi Bowman13,

I'm sorry to hear you feel I have not answered your query. As correctly mentioned by mcw92, the bank holiday would have impacted the time it took to receive the letter. All post issued from Bank of Ireland also goes through our central mailing center and then to An Post. 

If you need to clarify this with BOI Finance, you will need to contact them directly on the details provided above. 

Thanks
    Tara
    So, still no offer to run with this, take a bit of initiative and check this out internally for me. This is very disappointing. Time to search the website for a Complaints Section, I think. Following that, there must be an Ombudsman somewhere with the remit to deal with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Waste of time and energy trying to deal with the ombudsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Bowman13,

Hi Bowman13,

Thanks
    Tara
    So, still no offer to run with this, take a bit of initiative and check this out internally for me. This is very disappointing. Time to search the website for a Complaints Section, I think. Following that, there must be an Ombudsman somewhere with the remit to deal with this.
    Hi Bowman13, 

We've just tested our BOI Finance line and can confirm that there is no hold time at present. If you call 1890 66 44 66 you should get through pretty much straight away. 

Again, we're sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your recent customer experience and should you wish to make a complaint, just click on this link which will direct you to our Official Complaints Process. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement