Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine buggered

Options
  • 30-10-2015 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

Hello. I own a zanussi jet system and lately it has been stopping near the end of the cycle and the red light is flashing and it says "E20" on the screen. I press start again and it finishes off the cycle. Today however it has stopped and said "E20" about four times and I've the same wash on for the last four hours! I am trying to let it finish off the cycle without interruption. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Check that the filter isn't blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's a drain error, so almost certainly something stuck in the filter at the bottom. Usually there's a little drain hose you can pull out to empty the machine of water before you unscrew the filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Thanks a million. I see where the filter is but I've a problem because it's fixed into a space that I can't move it from so will have to wait til tomorrow to get help to move it and then have a look in the filter. What exactly should I be checking for? Fluff? Objects?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Pull down door at bottom of washer, you'll see a knob twist it ok and clean it job done. But be careful of water coming out when you unscrew it, only be small amount it to be expected

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it hasn't finished the cycle then you should drain using the drainage pipe before opening the filter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Did everything ye suggested and it seems to have done the trick! So far so good! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

anna080 wrote: »
    What exactly should I be checking for? Fluff? Objects?

Some times a rogue gym sock manages to escape the drum and end up in the filter. Its always good to give the filter a yearly clean anyway.

Advertisement