Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub 300 euro PC for videos/music

Options
  • 30-10-2015 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I need two USB 3.0 ports and one 2.0 port, a HDMI connection, the ability to play 1080p at a high bitrate (bluray quality), and a 240GB+ SSD and decent sound. I'll be getting Windows 8.1 separately. Will this build do?

Intel Pentium G3260 3,3GHz 55.99
    MSI H81M-E33, mATX 48.99
    4GB Crucial DDR3 1600 21.99
    Sharkoon MA-M1000, mATX 31.99
    EVGA 430 ATX 2.3 41.99
    240 GB SSD Silicon Power S60 SATA3 74.99

Total price: 275,94 €

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Drop PSU to a 200 or 250w and you'll save a few bob, and up the SSD to a Crucial or Samsung.

Where are you buying from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes, it will be fine. For the sake of a few euro I would go for a Crucial or Samsung Evo SSD. Otherwise grand though. Case is a bit big, for a build like that you could easily use a very small mitx case that would slot away neatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zeisty

Drop PSU to a 200 or 250w and you'll save a few bob, and up the SSD to a Crucial or Samsung.

Where are you buying from?

Hardwareversand. Not through bank transfer though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zeisty

Yes, it will be fine. For the sake of a few euro I would go for a Crucial or Samsung Evo SSD. Otherwise grand though. Case is a bit big, for a build like that you could easily use a very small mitx case that would slot away neatly.

Okay dokey. What case would you recommend?

Thanks folks

Advertisement