Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure negligence

Options
  • 30-10-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Do bank of ireland actually care for their customers at all?
    On the 20th October my card stopped working and I happened to be passing a branch in naas. The cashier advised me to use the phone in branch to order a new card.
    Grand. I was informed 5_7 days and I would be charged €8??!
    I'm generally a very patient person, but after ten days I called banking 365 today. I was informed that my replacement card was not ordered but my old card was cancelled. The rep that I spoke to tried to connect me with the person I dealt with the first time but she was ' conveniently ' busy.
    I requested that my card be fast tracked but was informed that this is not a service that is porivded and will have to wait another week.
    Prior to this phone call today I sent a message to boi through my banking 365 online account asking if I would receive my card before the bank holiday weekend and was told no. Which goes to show that they never even checked the status of my card.
    To say I'm disgusted and appalled is an understatement. To me this negligence, at what should be such a simple task should not be accepted in this day and age.
    To suggest to me to transfer funds from my current account to my credit card account is not a solution!
    You are really going about it the right way to lose a lot of your customers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi 8vjohn,

We're really sorry to hear this and would like to reassure you that at Bank of Ireland we value all of our customers. We will pass on your comments and feedback regarding your experience and if you wish to raise a formal complaint, please see here for our Complaints Process. Replacement cards should be received within 3-5 working days. If you do not receive the card, ordered for you yesterday, by next Friday please let us know and we'll be happy to arrange a call to have this investigated.

Thanks again for contacting us here and I do hope any future interactions you have with us in Bank of Ireland are much better customer experience. 

Tara

Advertisement