Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smartphone docking speakers/hi-fi system

• 30-10-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Tried the apple devices section but not much luck. Looking to get a decent countertop speaker dock with radio for my kitchen dining area with alot of bells and alot of whistles. Myself and my wife would be using it, she likes to listen to radio and sometimes cds.

I would prefer an all in one box with speakers as i don't want to deal with cable everywhere and may want to move it around. Link below to something i have been looking at

http://www.hifihut.ie/ruark-audio-r2-mkiii-bluetooth-deluxe-tabletop-radio-walnut.html

Ideally i would be able to dock my iphone/ipad so it will charge (no need for charger, making it tidier), and a few other things such as:
    - lightning apple connection
    - fm/dab radio
    - cd changer (not essential)
    - aux in for connecting other devices
    - bluetooth/airplay
    - Spotify compatability
    - Compatible app to be able to control from phone
    - decent sound quality and loud enough for a large kitchen and dining area while entertaining

Would be great to hear any suggestions you have. I have done a good bit of research but would like to hear any suggestions.

Budget is maximum €600

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Hi Folks,

Tried the apple devices section but not much luck. Looking to get a decent countertop speaker dock with radio for my kitchen dining area with alot of bells and alot of whistles. Myself and my wife would be using it, she likes to listen to radio and sometimes cds.

I would prefer an all in one box with speakers as i don't want to deal with cable everywhere and may want to move it around. Link below to something i have been looking at

http://www.hifihut.ie/ruark-audio-r2-mkiii-bluetooth-deluxe-tabletop-radio-walnut.html

Ideally i would be able to dock my iphone/ipad so it will charge (no need for charger, making it tidier), and a few other things such as:
    - lightning apple connection
    - fm/dab radio
    - cd changer (not essential)
    - aux in for connecting other devices
    - bluetooth/airplay
    - Spotify compatability
    - Compatible app to be able to control from phone
    - decent sound quality and loud enough for a large kitchen and dining area while entertaining

Would be great to hear any suggestions you have. I have done a good bit of research but would like to hear any suggestions.

Budget is maximum €600

Thanks

That's probably it as far as integrated options go. Nearly all manufacturers are dropping the dock option in favour of Bluetooth (as Windows and Android users can't avail of the dock) Secondly Spotify connection requires WiFi support, which would also include Air Play. This so also means no need for a dock and would give you Internet radio removing the need for the useless Dab tuner ( but it's often included)
    Having said that I have seen a couple of small Hifi's, in the price range which do all that but have separate speaker's if that's not a deal breaker

~Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Thanks for that. Iv a couple to start looking at now.

I guess if I wired the speakers up above kitchen cabinets then they would out of the way.

Cheers

Advertisement