Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals 2015

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I reckon Mark has it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

....and, finish as I started, playing late-night catch-up!

I reckon these final shows could be cut down to about 20 minutes if they cut out all the garbage puff stuff.

One thing that's intrigued me all series(s) - they go on and on about how pastry is so precise, it's all about quantities and timing, about how you have to have recipes and amounts EXACTLY right - yet every single time (and they've just shown Nick doing it) they show contestants tipping sugar out of a Kilner jar into a saucepan - shake shake shake. Nothing measured or exact about that, eh?

Anyway - on to the cooking!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The final seemed a bit superfluous in the end. There was hardly any debate after. Think they had decided on Mark as the winner from a long way out.

Right, I've paused just before they announce the winner......

Firstly, how come they don't show the WAG bit? I was soooo looking forward to Mark's uber-competitive girlfriend wishing him well through gritted teeth! :D

Also, would he EVER give up complaining about how exhausting, time-consuming, draining MC is.... you fecking entered, sunshine, get on with it ffs!

I still have a feeling he'll win though...... :(

C'mon Scott!!! I'm rooting for ya!

Bah. :mad:

• Advertisement

Tom Kerridge on Celebrity Mastermind tonight!

He's a shadow of his former self :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Just watched the final now, I think he was picked to be winner from the start

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Just watched the final now, I think he was picked to be winner from the start

I thought it was going to be the girl, Joey. Marcus practically had her crowned after the skills test. Then she faded badly. Was surprised at the lack of diversity this series; nearly all the chefs were white and male. Compare that to GBBO or even the regular Masterchef series. Must be a tough industry for women to crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I thought it was going to be the girl, Joey. Marcus practically had her crowned after the skills test. Then she faded badly.

She didn't really though. She had one bad round - and she did the same as the winner did in that round - served a salad. She was ejected for it, he got away with it because Danilo ****ed up.

ONE JOB DANILO.

I can't argue with him winning on the day, and he was pretty strong throughout - still disappointed. Didn't like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Mark really was the leader from the start but the least likeable. Really wanted nick to win but he probably didn't deserve it. We were also dying to see mark's Mrs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I thought it was going to be the girl, Joey. Marcus practically had her crowned after the skills test. Then she faded badly. Was surprised at the lack of diversity this series; nearly all the chefs were white and male. Compare that to GBBO or even the regular Masterchef series. Must be a tough industry for women to crack.

Think she got a raw deal personally. She put out 2 good dishes in the round she went out on.

Mark deserved to win in the end though... anyone else think it was one of the weaker Professionals series in recent years?

Advertisement